The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pop Goes The Weasel buff

Entità
Entità Member Posts: 1,583
edited February 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Pop Goes The Weasel is a perk too weak: the gen regression cannot be used, if the killer is in a chase or the gens with a good progression are far from the hook, and 30 seconds are not enough to look for a gen worthy of that perk. Moreover, you cannot damage gens without using PGTW, if it's on. Until we'll have a better totem placement, that means a Ruin able to stand more than 30-60 seconds, Pop Goes The Weasel is one of the perks the killer can use to slow down gen rushes of well organized teams. It should be buffed and could become a good alternative to more "toxic" killer perks.

POP GOES THE WEASEL (first version)
A deep bond with The Entity unlocks great strength.

After hooking a Survivor, you gain a Token, up to a maximum of 1/2/3. When you break a Generator, a Token is consumed and it's instantly regressed by 15/20/25% of its total progression. Normal Generator regression applies after the damage is done.

POP GOES THE WEASEL (second version)

After hooking a Survivor, the next Generator you break is instantly regressed by 15/20/25% of its total progression. Normal Generator regression applies after the damage is done.
Post edited by Entità on

Comments

• Entità
    Is this a perk ignored by all people? XD
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

This is exactly what the perk needs to be more viable. Just make it a token system like you mentioned. +1

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

This would remove the stupid timer.

+1 :)

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Or... just increase the timer to 60. That works too

• Artisks
    Artisks Member Posts: 10

yeah, just increase the timer, instead of tokens, since that would be op on any mobile killer.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

As the others said, just increase the timer.

Tokens would make this perk op. You could decrease one single generator by 75% in a short amount of time.

• Entità

Tokens would make this perk op. You could decrease one single generator by 75% in a short amount of time.

No, wait, you cannot kick a damaged generator. O.o
  • TheMadDoctor
    TheMadDoctor Member Posts: 250
    Entità said:

Logic is weiiiird.
  • NoShinyPony

@Entità said:

@TheMadDoctor said:
    Logic is weiiiird.

I did not say "the killer kicks a damaged gen". Guys, it's not that hard:

1st kick: minus 25%
    survivor taps the gen to stop the regress -> killer comes back
    2nd kick: another minus 25%
    3rd kick: another minus 25%

The alternative would be for the survivor to not touch the gen. But hey, that isn't an alternative because the gen would continue to regress.

• Entità
    edited February 2019

@Entità said:

@TheMadDoctor said:
    Logic is weiiiird.

I did not say "the killer kicks a damaged gen". Guys, it's not that hard:

1st kick: minus 25%
    2nd kick: another minus 25%
    3rd kick: another minus 25%

The alternative would be for the survivor to not touch the gen. But hey, that isn't an alternative because the gen would continue to regress.

While the killer "tunnels" the same gen, pretending to go away to provoke the survivor's intervention three times, other people do two gens. It's not a good strategy, for me. Moreover, as a killer I don't want instadowns or too many magic Auras: I simply want more time. That means a powerful perk to stop gen rushes takes the place of A Nurse's Calling, for example: it's a win-win. :)
  • Egonic
    Egonic Member Posts: 29

I don't like the multiple token part, but I would be in favour of the timer being doubled or being removed, effectively storing 1 token until you regress a generator. I would also not rule out the need to lower the % regressed if it ends up applying too much pressure.

There's a significant amount of time you could gain from this perk, you seem to take that part very lightly, because you want a band-aid against organised teams, the ones who aren't well organised are not going to have a good time if you make a perk that by your suggestion extends the game by 1-2 generators worth of time.

It's also a bit weird that you refer to saying that your idea is good because then other "toxic" perks won't be used, especially considering your idea of balance is really backwards when you want to buff it to a stronger version of Ruin that will only work by hooking a lot of survivors, meaning you are likely doing well in the first place.

From my point of view this will simply make solo playing a lot harder, with some potentially obnoxious strategies, where you tunnel hard to get stacks, then you use those stacks and continue tunnelling, saving you a fair amount of time to just face camp and get away with 3 kills.

I can't follow how you are thinking with this helping against genrushing, the time gained would likely be quite small if they are genrushing, and very big if they aren't, proportionally it makes no sense.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited February 2019

This sounds pretty good. It would get rid of the stupid 30 second timer and make the perk work on non-high mobility Killers.

• Entità
    Egonic said:

I don't like the multiple token part, but I would be in favour of the timer being doubled or being removed, effectively storing 1 token until you regress a generator. I would also not rule out the need to lower the % regressed if it ends up applying too much pressure.

There's a significant amount of time you could gain from this perk, you seem to take that part very lightly, because you want a band-aid against organised teams, the ones who aren't well organised are not going to have a good time if you make a perk that by your suggestion extends the game by 1-2 generators worth of time.

It's also a bit weird that you refer to saying that your idea is good because then other "toxic" perks won't be used, especially considering your idea of balance is really backwards when you want to buff it to a stronger version of Ruin that will only work by hooking a lot of survivors, meaning you are likely doing well in the first place.

From my point of view this will simply make solo playing a lot harder, with some potentially obnoxious strategies, where you tunnel hard to get stacks, then you use those stacks and continue tunnelling, saving you a fair amount of time to just face camp and get away with 3 kills.

I can't follow how you are thinking with this helping against genrushing, the time gained would likely be quite small if they are genrushing, and very big if they aren't, proportionally it makes no sense.

I don't camp nor tunnel people, unless I urgently need Dying Light. Yeah, the issue is called SWF, who are too strong. Solos must be given powerful means to be similar to SWF, and killers must be strengthened, too: read https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/46538/definitive-solution-to-bridge-the-swf-killer-solos-gaps to know my ideas to fix that huge issue.

Until that problem stands, no other problems can be treated, because the solutions either ruin Solos experience or transform SWF in almighty gods.
  • NoShinyPony

@Entità said:
    While the killer "tunnels" the same gen, pretending to go away to provoke the survivor's intervention three times, other people do two gens.

Not with a 3- or 4-gen-strategy.

• Entità

@Entità said:
    While the killer "tunnels" the same gen, pretending to go away to provoke the survivor's intervention three times, other people do two gens.

Not with a 3- or 4-gen-strategy.

I added a second version of the perk: maybe you prefer it to the first.
  • NoShinyPony

@Entità said:
    I added a second version of the perk: maybe you prefer it to the first.

What's the difference to the actual current version of PGTW?

• PyroGL
    PyroGL Member Posts: 239
    The current version has a 30 second timer to take advantage of the perk after hooking a survivor.   The second version of the perk above removes the timer. 
  • blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I'd honestly stick with how it is now, but add a passive increase to how much a gen is regressed with each kick by like 5%. This way it always has use, and you get the additional regression after hooking. (if you make it to a gen)

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189

Make it so every affected generator explodes killing every survivor within a 300 kilometer radius instantly across hundreds of matches that'd be balanced.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    30 seconds is really not enough, only Billy and Nurse can make good use of it.
  • @Entità said:

POP GOES THE WEASEL (first version)

After hooking a Survivor, you gain a Token, up to a maximum of 1/2/3. When you break a Generator, a Token is consumed and it's instantly regressed by 15/20/25% of its total progression. Normal Generator regression applies after the damage is done.

I actually really like this.