• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 758
    Options

Updated OP again. Back to Disconnected from Host: Error 500

• madmonki
    madmonki Member Posts: 4
    Options

Yo dear devs,

Why do you make it playable and then take it back?

• nikodemo
    Options

@Rizzo Please don't edit my post like that. I don't appreciate it. If there's something you'd like to request, just ask. I've been communicating with Mandy for over a year as this issue has been being worked on.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

This is on the Deck, right? I might try it on my PopOS install to see how far I get this weekend.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,441
    Options

Just avoid tagging the developers continuously, Mandy is also not currently in office, she will be back in a couple of days.

• nikodemo
    Options

Noted. I certainly try. I apologize if I got a over-excited and tagged too much. I certainly don't want to flood her. Just trying to keep lines of communication open.

• Rizzo
    Options

There is no need to apologize, I'm sure she will reply as soon as she's back.

• nikodemo
    Options

I'm sure we all look forward to the day that this thread is no longer needed. XD Have a great weekend!

• Rizzo
    Options
  • Moshquito
    Moshquito Member Posts: 9
    Options

At least i can annoy BHVR with a comment to every of their tweets on twitter again

• AbsoluteLength
    AbsoluteLength Member Posts: 48
    edited November 2022
    Options

Wow they really disabled it again! Bought more DLC last night and uninstalled the heroic version too!

Honestly amazing! /clap

And typical the CM is out of the office! genuinely disgusting customer service.

Rizzo can we talk about this respect thing again mate?!

• bad_sandy
    bad_sandy Member Posts: 9
    Options

I haven’t tried playing on the steam deck yet since it seems not quite finished/ officially supported, but it’s VERY exciting see all this new progress being made! That’s so cool. Whoever sees this—thanks so much for doing this. Can’t wait to try it for real :)

• AbsoluteLength
    Options

Nah it was exciting.... Now it's just sad.

Not even a post to say 'Sorry, we've found some issues and disabled it while we fix them'.

• ScoobyDoo
    ScoobyDoo Member Posts: 20
    Options

For some reason I cannot even play a proper match against the bots: the game disconnects me from the server ~30 seconds after the map loads.

• AbsoluteLength
    edited November 2022
    Options

Yeap same here disconnecting from a bot lobby too.

Swear I had an update before launching the game this afternoon that said EAC setup. Looks like they've disabled it again server side.

Anyone still have heroic version installed able to check if that still works?

• Mrfirepotato
    Mrfirepotato Member Posts: 34
    Options

Played a few matches yesterday and now its not working. Good thing I held off from buying the dlc and the new characters. Felt too good to be true and I wasn't wrong.

• entertainment720
    entertainment720 Member Posts: 246
    Options

We don't support Steam Deck yet, but we'd like to! We have no ETA currently. Please keep an eye on official channels for announcements on progress when SteamDeck support is available!

• Dad_
    Dad_ Member Posts: 19
    Options

The fact that the game ran on the Steam Deck for a day probably means they are close to officially announcing support. I am still hopeful.

• nikodemo
    Options

thanks for the reply! we're all eagerly looking forward to it. as has been evidenced, the game runs great on Linux under Proton. we're just waiting for EAC to get out of the way! XD Thanksgiving was a great day since the game was working!

here's hoping for the game to be Steam Deck verified very soon!

• AbsoluteLength
    Options

What type of response is that? Yes you haven't said you support it, Sure. In fact nobody has said anything. About EAC, About Epic, About the steam client working yesterday and then being suddenly disabled.

We've had it working on multiple clients FLAWLESSLY! On Steamdeck, Native Arch and several Linux distros with zero issues. I have about 12 hours of footage from a stream showing people. On the Steam client alone. about 30 hours if you factor in the Epic client.

Saying you don't support it I get, but the game works! like fully works without an issue. How can you have a working game with no ETA? You haven't had updates on any official channels for over a year. Apart from that red tape response we've seen about 50 times.

We've beta tested it already. Stop hitting the kill switch and let us play

• nikodemo
    Options

Here's my ONE DAY of DbD on Linux! XD

• AbsoluteLength
    edited November 2022
    Options

I hope so.... But not holding my breath. Bought the rift pass and 2 DLC's yesterday.

I'm betting it gets enabled again the day after the rift ends 🤣. What's the refund policy on DLC? (joking obviously, shame you have to clarify lol)

• nikodemo
    Options

yeah, i bought the Forged in Fog DLC yesterday also. got a little ahead of myself in excitement. XD but that does show that we will keep spending money. just support us so we can play. :D

• AbsoluteLength
    Options

Damn excitement got the better of me too :P Should of thought they'd take away our toys.

I'm currently testing different Proton/EAC combos. I feel sorry for the Survivors getting booted before games since I'm queuing as Killer. Sounds like a great way to protest tbh 🤣

• Gustash
    Gustash Member Posts: 19
    Options

Can confirm that now the Epic Games version doesn't even load to the Main Menu with the tweaks that made it work before. Nice regression there, folks. And that response is icing on the cake, not even remarking the fact that it did work for a day. Might as well copy-paste official responses at this point.

• Gustash
    Options

Just to let you know that I did end up opening a PR for that project with Linux support. Shame that we can't enjoy that again since they borked it again 🙃

• Stephen304
    Stephen304 Member Posts: 27
    Options

Damn I was so excited that I got to play a bunch of matches yesterday that I planned for a game night today with my friends which I now have to cancel last minute because half of us can't play again :(

• AbsoluteLength
    Options

:( Same here.... Only my 'Friends' are in discord shouting at me, calling me a lemon. Trying to make me install Windows. 😂

Would rather put up with another year of waiting tbh.

• nikodemo
    Options

Yeah, my friends are giving me crap too. XD

My hope is that, given the custom Steam Deck buttons, that BHVR will come through eventually.

• nikodemo
    Options
  • AbsoluteLength
    Options

Hhmmm... Got into a game. Walked a few steps thinking 'O damn!' then got booted. Now getting locked. Great now we can't test it....

• Dad_
    Dad_ Member Posts: 19
    Options

The disconnect probably counts as dodging a match. I wouldn't try matchmaking more than once per day.

• AbsoluteLength
    Options

Yeah until now it never did. You would be kicked before joining the match server so you wouldn't be classed as dc'ing. Which meant you could test different setups.

Maybe this is them making progress? Crazy timing that it's now doing this after I joked about queuing as Killer earlier. 😅

• nikodemo
    Options

It does seem like they're reacting to our discoveries.

Time will tell if that ends up working out in favor or not.

• Gustash
    Options

One thing I did notice is that the server kicks us out with a HTTP 500 error. This means an Internal Server Error. I wouldn't expect this to be the error code for a failed EAC check, but I'd expect it for a server crash trying to resolve a request.

It could be (and this is just speculation) that the server is taking a weird path that's making it crash, meaning that it could just be a server update they need to do to fix this issue.

We're all just speculating here because we literally don't get more information than "it's in our roadmap"...

• omano
    omano Member Posts: 66
    Options

I could play a few games yesterday, it was working flawlessly at some point, but it ended up not working with that 500 error. Glad things are moving forward now, it is a good sign, hope they don't take one more year to finish and release it.

Come on BHVR you can do it!

• AbsoluteLength
    Options

Still not a single word from the CM or devs.

Just tested the current state of affairs and getting disconnected from bot games. Now back to the original disconnecting before even joining multiplayer matches.

Can we somehow send some coffee and 5 hour energy to the poor developer (Singular) that's been lumped with Linux support 🤣.

I've seen some poor game companies in my time, I played Ark and dealt with Wildcard for 5+ years 😡. But Honestly this is putting BHVR right up there with the worst in the industry. No communication, Bugs here, there and everywhere on every platform. Forum looks like it's ran by 3 people who refuse to step outside their job descriptions (why would they when the hats above leave them in the firing line). Have the public image of prefering to release broken Killers/Perks without little care of the current player views. Just to make a few quid

The game works..... It works..... Just let us play. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this has been purposely disabled.

This smells like a marketing scenario where they've disabled it to announce next week 'It's here! in paid partnership with Raid Shadow Legends!'

• nikodemo
    Options

oh, and just so it's said, it ran way better than it does on Windows. XD

I only came across one issue, which was this graphical error in the header of the anniversary items:

• AbsoluteLength
    Options

Game breaking! Shut it down! Scrap it all! DELETE IT! not working! not worth the time! Don't say a word and forget it all! 😅🤣

• nikodemo
    Options

lolo i didn't know that! well, working as intended then! XD

• ylem
    ylem Member Posts: 22
    Options

Not gonna lie, I'm very disappointed. I came back from my surgery and first saw the information about it working. Launched a match, error 500. And here I hoped I could recover by daylight. :(

• Pyc
    Pyc Member Posts: 97
    Options

guys, someone have performance issue under linux? when I try win7, i have fps drops: random and always after gen repaired (10fps at 10-20 secs). on win8 dbd run perfectly w/o issues. under linux I have some fps drops, but not as under win7 (30-40 fps at few secs).

p.s.: in tutorial I doesn't have issues, I talk about online lobby

cpu amd-fx 8350, gpu nvidia 1080ti (propietery driver), debian sid w/ gnome

• AbsoluteLength
    Options

If anything performance is better for me on Linux. (When they let us play!)

• Alphonse
    Alphonse Member Posts: 146
    edited November 2022
    Options

Please let us play!!!

• AbsoluteLength
    Options

Come on man just give us something.

Tell us you won't support it until an official announcement but just turn it back on and let those that can play. Play.

We'll take on the support role and try help other players... 😅

• mandysuxx
    mandysuxx Member Posts: 41
    Options

Wow what an absolute slap on the face. And then getting the same copy-and-paste reply we have had for an year every time we ask for an update. Really bummed out for this. 0 actual meaningful communication about the situation with the support. I don’t need another “sorry we tell more at the future”- mod reply. I want actual answers and “where are we now” timeline communication. >_>