Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What do you do when killer tunnel a teammate out at 4-5 Gen?

C3Tooth
C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Me dropping a pallet.

Me making noise.

Me running to a hook.

And asking a question...

ยซ1

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Play normally?

I mean honestly if the killer already has someone out of the game even at 4 gens then ya'll are playing very badly. Even with him hard tunnel/camping ya'll should be at least down to 3 gens minimum if not more realistically 1-2.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Maybe we're in different regions then because i play solo queue like 99% of the time and we win most matches.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,009

Nothing you can do but lose. The higher up you get the more skill your teammates are in most games but not in dbd. Burden with teammates who go down instantly or just do nothing. This is nearly every game in solo.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561

If I notice someone may be getting tunneled and they are on their second hook then I try to take hits for the other survivor, and try to draw aggro as much as possible,I run reassurance to give other survivors additional time to do gens while the teammate is hooked.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Do your best to earn BP. Games can occasionally still be winnable and if you get down to 2 ppl with 2+ gens left just play for hatch.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498
    edited November 2022

What is wrong with tunneling at 4-5 gens? Tunneling when you are 3 gens is better? I recall my experience with other games in wc3 and sc i used to focus fire certain units to get them faster down, in wow we focus target a certain player out (usually healer) on a rated battleground. Like its a common thing to do.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

On a game with an even playing field that's just proper tactics. Dbd is asymmetric. Tunneling is a valid strat to be sure. But it's not a lot of fun to play against and it's a crutch tactic. Especially if you tunnel at 5 gens, pretty much prevents one player playing the game.

Nothing to stop you playing like that at the end of the day. But at least wait until it's necessary. Nothing wrong with showing a bit of consideration every now and then.

No one likes getting repeatedly tunneled. And when someone does get tunneled it tends to be the wesker players. Have a relatively new player in our swf atm and he gets hard tunneled a lot. 80% of our games on saturday. Not a pleasant experience.

• C3Tooth

Here is my pov of situation:

. You dont do something you know for sure that you dont get any reward. The game already lost right there, I dont continue to play the match knowing I will die anyway. The same to Killer afk in the corner knowing they have 0% chance to even get 1K. The funny part is, I dont even care if I die. But its when I die after I thought I "have a chance" to escape. Its about "fail hope", not "hopeless"

. I die to give other a chance for hatch.

. Killer wants kill, I give kill. Its win on both sides

Without info, any action has their own downside, while Im 60-70% on my Gen.

. I was doing Gen. David on hook. I still do Gen (risk of other also do Gen and ignore David). Dwight unhooked him. So what I do is correct.

. David downed soon later and back on hook. So the choices were:

1. Should I keep doing Gen hoping Dwight will take aggro (down side: kill gets a free hook)
    2. Or I leave my 70% Gen to take hit & hook for David (down side is losing 1min Gen progression I put on because no one knows I was on that Gen)

. I picked 1; Dwight unhooked David but didnt take aggro for him. David died. My Gen & Clau's Gen were done.

Case could be worse if David downed near my Gen or Clau's Gen.

Honestly chase time doesnt matter as much as info. You may have 90sec chase but its near a last hook teammate and they scared, go hiding everytime TR hits in, just because they dont know you're in chase.

As I got into chase (already injured and last hook), killer chased me. 1 tunneled out, 2 teammates also on last hook & 2nd hook. The chase wasnt long, but the fact that because I was the Obsession, 2 teammates knew that Im in chase and they complete the last Gen. 40sec chase were all my teammates needed. If I wasnt the Obsession, the last Gen would not be done.

Im just explaining why sometimes killer tunnels a survivor out at 4-5 Gens, its all about the lack of info Solo have.

I may ask if you care to explain 3-4 hits per hook.

What is wrong with asking killer to hook me?

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

What do I do when killer does something they do almost every game? Hmm

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

I will work harder than usual.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

Yea matches like this are not fun. I do find it strange that the gen requirement to power the exit gates stays the same no matter what happens. 2 survivors can get taken out early and you're still required to do 5 gens to have the chance at opening the exit gates. Matches like this usually come down to the hatch, which the killer will likely find first.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited November 2022

Gens. (That's why the killer needs to tunnel)

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

YOU GO TO HORNY JAIL.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

That's some real nice and ... interresting art you have there.

I do always enjoy your drawings

In case the question was serious I start looking to make sure i get my pips and then play for hatch/gate and hope i get better teammates next game.

Not saying tunneling isn't a problem but if a player can't stop dying in the time for atleast 2 gens to be done when he has all the resources available to them, be it cause they can't last in chase or the team doesn't capitalize on the time they buy, then it's not a tunneling issue but serious misplays on the survivor side.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I often play normaly or try to cover my teammate, if i was the unhooker.

Then, if the killer succeded anyway, and we didnยดt make any progress because my teammates where busy hidding, i just go to the killer to be hooked and leave the game. I mean, the killer won anyway at that point, no need to give him a challange or anything. Just make it as boring as he wanted it to be.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237
    edited November 2022

I love how suddenly a generator handicap is slowly being added to the survivir rules regarding which survivors are allowed to be hunted. Can we add a rule addendum restricting survivor gen progress per kill/hook too?

As for the question on the picture: Are survivors content with doing 6/7 (~86%) of their objectives and then NOT escaping through the open door? Why do we expect killers to be content with 3/4 (75%)? Also why is meg bugging the trapper when the last surv is waiting for hatch instead of helping her?

Edit: thes questions are rhetorical. And survivor bias/enzitlement is the answer lol.

Nice art, like always. To the horny-hook with you, tho! Horny basement is not just full, it overflows.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited November 2022

What do you do when killer tunnel a teammate out at 4-5 gen?

Continue playing normally and hope my team was doing something productive during this time. Although admittedly the unfortunate thing is altruism is a team killer and when this occurs it's usually because rapid hook trading for what ever reason. That or the survivor who got hooked that early sees no generators finished and suicides on hook.

• InvadeGames
    InvadeGames Member Posts: 415
    edited November 2022

its pretty simple. each chase will require 2-3 hits if second chance is in play to get a down before hooking. in almost all cases, there will be an unhook before stage 2. then you have 1-3 hits and a chase for another down and then a second trip back to the hook. most games at least 1 if not 2-4 survs will spawn directly on a generator. even if 2 hooks come quickly, if you did not get 1 or 2 gens done by that time, you and or your team have been playing terribly and dont have anything to complain about. And at its most generous, your "tunneled" team mate was a weak link and unable to survive 2 chases early on with a full set of heavy map resources.

Its smart for killers to go for weak links.

and as some one who plays a good amount of killer, most "tunneling" isnt tunneling. They just end up crossing my path as im moving around and im not going to ignore them for them bumbling back into my POV, that would be an unintelligent move.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

if boon - harass the killer, force take hits, heal in 20 seconds, force take hit, heal in 20 seconds, force take hit. repeat until gens are done

if no boon - rush gens asap, reassurance person on hook to force killer to lose more time hoping for a tunnel, force take hits and take downs/hooks if person is death hook

its manageable just difficult

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,298

I like how the pinky toe sticks out ๐Ÿ˜

Anyhow, I keep playing normally unless I see my teammates are doing nothing, which will prompt me to move on to the next match.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,949

Trapper: 'Its my job Meg.'

• Grumblephant
    Grumblephant Member Posts: 93
    edited November 2022

I'll be completely honest, it depends on my mood. If I'm in a foul mood, I maybe sorta kinda go out on the first hook. Sorry to my teammates but I don't want to be in a match that instead of taking 5 mins to now go to 10, 15, or even 30 due to being the only survivor on gens while the other two just hide for hatch. I'd rather take 1k BP and go to the next match where I could have more fun with a hopefully less intense killer.

If I'm in a decent whatever mood, I might touch a gen here and there, but mostly I'll hit totems, chests, heals, etc. I know these aren't popular decisions, but if I see someone dead in the first 2 minutes and no gens done, it's hard to keep motivation.

To save face, I don't quit all the time. If I'm in a lobby with a guy that is keeping the killer busy for a long time, I will rush to do gens to give us a fighting chance. Usually you can tell how a match is going to go after that first kill. I know its hypocritical, but just do your best and get as many BP as possible. I'm gonna try to get a better attitude about it. :)

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Aren't you just punishing the other survivors and rewarding the Killer by doing that? I suppose if you want to make tunneling even more common and rewarding that's one way to go about it.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,980
    edited November 2022
  • TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Have you tried OTR, Deliverance, Sprint Burst with something like Resilience or Adrenaline, etc? It works well.

I also like Renewal for the second hook to waste more time for tunnelling Killers.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

...wait, what was the question again? I got...uh...distracted by... something

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,220

Eruption/Pain Res/Deadlock/etc. There are a lot of perks to impede gen progress.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,754

This was your 4 thousandth post, I hope you feel an adequate amount of shame ๐Ÿ’ซ

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,754
  • InvadeGames
    InvadeGames Member Posts: 415
  • Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

Yup. I will push objectives as best I can until I am dead (or the killer takes pity on me), even if all three others DC. Every time.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

That's called bad matchmaking.

Not every game though, is common you'll have at least one useless player though but hey that's what happens when you have a bad SBMM and think it's like hockey

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,133

Not a lot, and if they do it's not by a lot, it's situational, or has very specific requirements.

• KillScreen
    KillScreen Member Posts: 166

Am i playing with friends in voice? 3 man save then.

Solo or playing with new friend to the game: - dc just right before he gets you in his shoulder and move on to the next game.

That way you're not the only one loosing bloopoints and peeps. So does he. Block and move on to the next game.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Not that specific. Prove Thyself, 2 people are on a gen. Resilience, you're injured. Deja Vu, it's the first 30 seconds or 30 seconds after a gen's been done. Fast Track, other people get hooked. Hyperfocus, you hit a great.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,420

Funny thing is, you'd be doing the opposite for them lol you're helping inflate their kill rate so they'll get harder opponents as they go on

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,329

After a few choice words

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 903

Solo I'd be the person to pop a gen. But most of the time the only one as the other two are either trying to save the camped hook or are standing around hook daydreaming about the perfect opening to make a save. Then if my team goes down like potatoes I just sit on my second or third gen and wait for the killer to find me. I'm not running. No chase points for you, since apparently you can care less about those. Hook and book me.

• C3Tooth

Wao, this topic blew up...

• C3Tooth

Horny jail is my home

That's what I do, you may never know if someone behind that killer player, hold a gun at their family and anything below 4K results their death. I need to help them.