Saboteur

RuneStarr
RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
edited October 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Saboteur has been pretty weak since hooks were changed to respawn.
I rarely ever face a sabo squad now a days and can't even remember the last time I've had a hook dropped in my face. Most of the survivors I see just sabo the hooks fully (instead of 99%) likely just to get a daily done.

I definitely don't want this back to the original state, but a decent buff would be to weaken hooks when sabotaged.
Repeated sabotage on the same hook makes it quicker to break the next time around.

Ex :

• 1st - regular sabo speed based on existing perk tiers
  • 2nd - addl 50% to sabo speed
  • 3rd - addl 75% to sabo speed
    (these numbers are probably way off and would need to be adjusted )

It wouldn't be strong enough make it meta again, and wouldn't leave killers frustrated with only having the basement, but it could also lead to some extra clutch saves if a killer is sticking to the same area/gens aren't spaced out closer to end game.
Heck, It might make more killers switch it up and run Hangman's trick when they see a toolbox in the lobby.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• NuggFush
    NuggFush Member Posts: 3

Sabo used to be used for two reasons. Both reasons were guttered.

Points: Sabo would give a boatload of points. People would walk around with the old Map giving a further boatload of objective points, and could pip solely from walking around with a map and sabo'ing hooks.

Now that the emblem system is a thing, I think sabo and maps can both get some point gains returned to them. After all, you won't be pipping from just sabo'ing hooks now.

Screw the killer out of hooks: Deerstalker used to be mandatory for killers because you would frequently only have 1 or 2 hooks on a map, if any. Iron Grasp and Agitation were also nearly mandatory if you wanted to basement people.

Irongrasp was since nerfed. Deerstalker was since nerfed, and half of its old functionality is now basically Nurses Calling. Sabo has been nerfed a lot, such as giving the killer a notification when a hook is destroyed. That didn't used to happen. I need not mention that hooks respawn now, as well.

Sabo could receive some love. Unfortunately, in the current gen rush meta you would need to heavily buff sabo to incentivise survivors to do anything besides the objective. This isn't 2016 anymore, players realise now that doing generators is the objective - not sabotaging hooks. Unless it delays the killer a significant amount (also thereby "leave killers frustrated" as you put it so elegantly), then frankly survivors won't use the perk.

• ThePeeje
    ThePeeje Member Posts: 70

Currently zero incentive to use sabo. i only do it for a daily (and as you said, do it 100% even when its not useful) or just bring a toolbox and do it when the situation calls for it.

RIP Sabo. 2016-17

• hegewaldd
    hegewaldd Member Posts: 30

Increasing the speed won't make it much better. It got indirectly nerfed by respawning hooks, and then got nerfed AGAIN with hagmans trick. No reason to really use it.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2018

Sabotages done by a player with the Sabotage perk could increase the hook respawn to 5 minutes, maybe.

No comment on Hangman's Trick. No one uses it anyway. Maybe change it so it doesn't completely counter Sabotage?

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

@Visionmaker said:
    Sabotages done by a player with the Sabotage perk could increase the hook respawn to 5 minutes, maybe.

No comment on Hangman's Trick. No one uses it anyway. Maybe change it so it doesn't completely counter Sabotage?

I like this idea. 5 minutes sounds fair, we could switch hangmans trick to one minute when the sabo perk is used instead of the less then 30 seconds it is now.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Dropping a hook in someone’s face is really pointless, time-consuming, and more work than the satisfaction it yields.

Killers should be able to carry survivors further with the exception of the basement and hooks should stay sabotaged for longer. The more hooks have been sabotaged, the longer sabotaging other hooks takes (and sabo progress regresses slowly).

See:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/393877#Comment_393877

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Yeah saboteur needs to be buffed and buff wiggle too.

There are way too much hooks on the map.

Oh, and you should be able to sabo the basement hooks aswell.

The hook respawning is silly, pallets dont respawn either, do they?

This discussion has been closed.