Controller Bug

Options
Yeah_Okay
Yeah_Okay Member Posts: 17

Platform: Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One

Controller is unusable at random times. The run button and movement stick stop working until I get downed.

I tested the controller on different games and there's no issues, it's exclusive to Dead By Daylight and only goes away once I'm downed.

2 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• GSR_CAOR
    GSR_CAOR Member Posts: 2
    Options

I'm having a similar issue today. Not sure if it's related. My controller works in the menus but not once I've loaded into a match.

I'm on series X and my controller works on every other game I've tried just fine. The game obviously recognizes that the controller exists as it works in the menus but miraculously stops working once I'm in a match. Legit can't play the game at all rn.

I've searched this forum and have read a few solutions but so far it's just been disconnecting and reconnecting the controller and hard-reset console. I've tried this and nothing has changed. There are solutions for pc that involve uninstalling and reinstalling drivers or updating drivers but since I'm on Xbox that isn't possible. If these issues are related then it seems like dbd has messed up controller support somehow in an update.