Why did they give the Knight a perk for an add on? How dumb is that?

Options
2»

Comments

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

You don't need to study the game for hours...

Just not take matches so seriously

You had one (!) Match where the knight surprised you with a addon. You lost at most 7k bp. You learned and can move on with that knowledge now

Next match the nightmare can surprise you with his gate blocking addon (yes this isn't just the knight who has stuff like this) and then you'll have learned from that

If you want to to enjoy this game you really need to learn that matches are a dime a dozen. Not escaping one match because of something you didn't know isn't a big deal.

Learn from it and move on

Treating every match like life or death is a good way to rob all the enjoyment DbD has to offer

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,232
    Options

So you're taking the mature and thoughtful route then?

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

This is so sad.

I feel really sorry for whatever happened to you that made you go down this path of frustration and anger and hope you soon find a way out of that pit.

There is always a light at the end of the tunnel

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,382
    Options

Lol.

lmao, even.

I have to wonder if you know what the words “extremist” and “neo” even mean.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,097
    edited December 2022
    Options

idk. I think it's alright. - It's a mean one sure but most killers have one or two really mean purple or iri addons.

No one knowing about it will also just be a matter of time; just like people new to the game don't know the perk Bloodwarden exists. Eventually you'll come across it and then you know it is in the game.

If you're afraid of it; just leave and don't wait for the knight to send his wisp. If you're on track to win by such a slim marging that the addon makes the difference; tough luck. It happens.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,678
    Options

The add on only activates if you are being HUNTED. So if you see the green orb just run out before the guard spots you.

And no, this won't affect new survivors as new survivors don't hang out in the exit gate as they are too scared and just leave as soon as the gate opens.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704
    Options

Easy solution to this problem is to just leave when the gates are open and stop doing a victory lap 🤷🏼‍♂️

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
    Options

Pinhead stops you from leaving if you're chained. Wesker will automatically pick up an injured survivor if he collides with a solid obstacle in his bound--to him and all Killers, the exit is solid.

These do not need to go, the former is very rarely useful, and the second is literally part of how his power works in general. It's not surprising.

And if you lose to them, sucks to be you. Either you need to not dawdle in the exit gate like a moron and just leave so the game is over, or you only got to it with the Killer behind you--in which case, game wasn't over. It's over when you're out, not when you're dancing around on the other side of the gate. Very simple logic, that.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 563
    Options

Thing is you didn't know about it & now after one game you got caught out by it & you now know about it so what's the big problem? It's like one game you probably wanted to tbag and got what you deserved anyway. Now you know that potentially the Knight might block you at the gate, but probably unlikely because there's better add-ons.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Nobody tell them how Victor works.

• LordSturm
    LordSturm Member Posts: 493
    Options

I mean, this guy is a new survivor and it affected him. :P

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

You’re really complaining about an add on that you counter by just LEAVING? Maybe don’t sit and teabag in the gate and just go. If you don’t, you fully deserve to be caught if the killer brings something like that. You only have yourself to blame.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,076
    Options

Sound like you wanted to stay in the game.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

In other words, what is the intent of this discussion?

Is it good manners to call some nice person who is politely explaining the OP's questions and complaints an "extremist killer"?

I did not understand or sympathize at all. Does a survivor have the right to safely do BM T-bagging (aka Victory lap) at the gate and make fun of the killer?

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,664
    Options

I believe this discussion has run its course, and most notably with some comments made by the OP, so I will proceed to close the thread. Constructive and civil feedback regarding the game (both positive and respectful criticisms) is always appreciated and welcome, but attacking others for their points of view, are not ok.

This discussion has been closed.