Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

PC-Twins get stuck looking down when switching too fast

NageZ
NageZ Member Posts: 4
edited December 2022 in Bug Reporting

Description-

After pouncing with victor against an injured survivor or a healed survivor, Charlotte has a chance to bug her animation, preventing the player from looking up and attacking properly.

During this animation, Charlotte will not be able to see her hands and will walk while looking downwards (sleeping animation while moving)

If the player tries to open a locker or gets pallet stunned during this animation, the player will get stuck in place forever.

Case 1)

Step 1 : Play as twins in a public match

Step 2 : Release victor

Step 3 : Make victor pounce into a survivor

Step 4: Look at Charlotte animation

Case 2)

Step 1: Play as twins in a public match

Step 2: Release victor

Step 3: Make victor pounce into an injured survivor

Step 4: Spam the key which makes you switch back to Charlotte

Step 5: Look at Charlotte animation

Additional information

• Twins
  • Addons: toy sword + small nail
  • Frequency of the issue: happened 2 times in 3 games
  • On the posted video, the player had been stunned by yun jin after the animation glitch happened and got stuck there forever, having to dc from the match.

Post edited by Mandy on
2 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

Comments

• Ronsone
    Ronsone Member Posts: 216

Did you try avoid to DC and go to the next game? Same bug?

• NageZ
    NageZ Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2022

Yes. This has happened to me at least three times now. First game this happened, I got stuck opening the locker. I was hoping that it would unstuck if someone interacted with the locker. No one did. But I stayed until the end of the match.

I went to the next match, which is the one linked above. Same happened, but now in a pallet stun.

• mrpersoon
    mrpersoon Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2022

you also get stuck in an endless game if you try to mori someone when the glitch occurs, when the gate timer runs out the match still continues and acts as if the survivor is still is in the dying state. I had to close app for it to stop. (PS5)

• sawyerm
    sawyerm Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

i had this too, thanks. i also reported it, but used the wrong format

• Ronsone

Guys, seems all platforms have Twins bugs. The reason why are they still not Kill Switched, is much more unknown. 🙃

• StudentofInk
    StudentofInk Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2022

I've had the same issue. It seems to lock me into place, if I press the unbind button before Victor has fully formed back. I only have this screenshot as proof, and all I could do was watch the survivors poke and wave at me. I didn't want to DC so they'd lose points, so I just waited it out.

Edit; I've had this happen on The Game, Eryie of Crows, and P Asylum. I only had Coup de grace equipped as perk, and this seems to happen at the start of a match, if it's going to happen.

• StudentofInk
    StudentofInk Member Posts: 12

I have tried it anytime I've loaded the Twins Up. Maps don't seem to be the trigger, but if I press the Unbind button before Victor is formed back, that's when I get the animation lock it seems.

I've been loading matches up today, and try to repeat the bug, but I've had better luck with them today.

• Ronsone

Yeah, I have this bug anytime and in custom matches too. Some streamers play them without any bug and I don't know why. 😵

This discussion has been closed.