The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Decisive Strike change suggestion

MrBendiix
MrBendiix Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 37

With the nerf from 5 to 3 seconds, the perk is weaker as it probably should be, but on high mobility killers it is an issue.

In the current meta, the game is more camp and tunnel heavy than in the past and it does not seem to really stop any time soon I suggest a partial unnerf to DS but in a different way.

Change idea: DS still only stuns for 3 seconds. But the killer you used it on, their power goes on a 5 second cooldown. So against an M1 killer, that does not rely on their power in a chase it makes no difference to the current version.

But a killer like nurse and blight and spirit, has to wait an extra 2 seconds before using their power, making DS more like the old version versus those killers.

I'd love to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

Also, Happy Holidays to everyone :)

Comments

• FMG15
    FMG15 Member Posts: 456

Not a bad idea honestly but I see no reason not to revert the stun duration back to 5 seconds since it deactivates in endgame anyway

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197
    edited December 2022

This is really aimed at two killers, Nurse and Blight, and there are more issues with those killers than the ineffectiveness of DS.

I think this should just be a feature of these two killers. When stunned, their powers lose all charges and go into cooldown. This provides higher skilled survivors a better chance at countering these killers at higher MMR.

Spirit is slightly different, as a full cooldown for her would be 15 seconds. Her power has a much fairer use-cooldown ratio already. Though I suppose if you were to run with this idea you could give her a 5s penalty for a stun or something.

For DS specifically, I think the stun should be increased to 4s, and given that it now deactivates at endgame (good thing) it could do with being active twice per game, once for each potential unhook. This would increase it's value as a deterrent (given that it's no longer used often enough to provide an innate deterrent simply due to the possibility of it existing) as the killer who triggers it after the first unhook will know to expect it after the second.

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

Honestly just 3 things.

1. Baseline at 5 seconds. (but not allow a second use by missing the skill check)
    2. The perk allows a second use, or, gives move speed after the perk (making it either stronger once, or add a second potential use)
    3. Any secondary change preventing players from using it agressively. (for example, remove the effect through more actions than just conspicuous actions, but there are so many things that could be done).

Here, a meta where hooking is rewarded, but not tunneling.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

What if being damaged and hooked consecutively (the killer targeted and hurt no one else but you), DS is refreshed allowing for 2 uses of DS if and ONLY IF the killer targeted no one else.

This would solve pure hardcore tunneling

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 744

Not a bad idea, I always stand by the fact that High mobility killers, that has power that relie on tokens like Nurse, Blight, etc. DS should make them reset their tokens or go on a cooldown to make it punished to tunnel.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

Decisive Strike is still a problem perk because of how Dead Hard was reworked. Now players, usually with entirely meta chase builds, are trying to be entirely offensive (often in every sense of the word) to entice killers to tunnel them and then are using DS to get rid of their mend and "recharge" their Dead Hard.

Decisive Strike is not an anti-tunnel perk. It is an offensive perk. It cannot be buffed without removing this synergy with Dead Hard.

If it is meant to be an actual anti-tunnel perk, it needs to be reworked.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

The reason is head-on. Appearantly, jumping in a locker for DS, then jumping back in for a Head-On stun was not considered nice.

I understand it back when people could use DS, then Head-On, and then flashlight save for as long as the flashlight had battery left, but the final part has been removed.

If you are willing to tunnel someone, and that someone has DS and Headon, then both those perks are a potential deterrence from tunneling.

• Predated

Even under that logic, I dont see an issue with DS being a 5 second stun or locking a mobility killer in place for a bit. People use DH in that way to get some use out of DS, not the other way around.

Besides, its completely optional to not tunnel there. There is 3 other survivors.

• ByeByeQ

We dealt with an overpowered nasty Decisive Strike for almost 5 years before they nerfed it in 6.1.0.

Now that I've had time to experience life with this new 3 second DS I am glad they overnerfed it. Even at 3 seconds it is still a meta perk for many players.

With new DS it takes skill to get value from it. Make sure you go down in a place where 3 seconds is actually useful to you.

In other words, get good.

• Xord
    Xord Member Posts: 517

*publicly admits to be unable to win without abusing a gameplay exploit*

*tells other to git good*

hummmmmmm

• ByeByeQ

Point out where I admit to abusing an exploit.

Like it or not, DS is in a good place now and it is still seeing above average usage rates.

• Predated

"With new DS it takes skill to get value from it. Make sure you go down in a place where 3 seconds is actually useful to you"

Ignoring: deadzones, mobility killers, dedicated servers deciding whether or not you still had endurance when you got hit.

With that in mind, its more luck based than skillbased. The only reason they reduced it to 3 seconds is due to Head-On. Thats it. It doesnt take much extra skill to use.

And besides, you could even slightly tweak DS to fit with the new idea, instead of working for the first 2-3 gens, it would work for 1 additional generator. That way, there is guaranteed no DS after 3 or 4 gens are gone, which is huge info.

In other words, get good, dont tunnel against soloq.