Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Shrine of Secrets lets me buy Perks I already have

I didn't see this reported, only related confusion about the change to prestige and resets.

The shrine of secrets keeps showing lower tier versions of perks that I already have maxed out, either entirely via the Bloodweb or previously unlocked in the Shrine of Secrets to level three. It even lets me buy them again; I tried it once and basically threw away my IS. For most Perks that I already own up to level three I still see the "Already owned. Buy again & receive: 100000 bp" - all survivor perks that I have are already maxed out at level 3. I have not yet seen both survivor Perks with level 2 showing as purchase-able - it has always been one correct and one erroneous thus far.

1. Go to Shrine of Secrets
  2. See a level 1 or level 2 Perk that I can buy
  3. Return to Survivor Loadout
  4. Verify the level 3 Perk is already there
  5. Cycle through all survivors and see that the level 3 Perk is equip-able for everyone
  6. Return to Shrine of Secrets to double check sanity

PS4 if it matters. Persists through the week (after logout & login).

Occurs for some Perks; I've noted the following in screenshots/saved video

9/13/2022 - Dance with Me (Dead Hard was correct)

11/1/2022 - Vigil (Boon: Shadow Step was correct)

12/8/2022 - Boil Over (Solidarity was correct)

12/13/2022 - Blood Pact (Botany Knowledge was correct)

Is anyone else experiencing this? Am I missing something?

I would attach a video showing it as well, but now the site is telling me that "Only the following extensions are allowed. txt, jpg, jpeg, gif, png, bmp, tiff, ico, zip, gz, tar.gz, tgz, psd, ai, pdf, doc, xls, ppt, docx, xlsx, pptx, log, rar, 7z." 🤷

Comments

• Mockingjay_S451
    Mockingjay_S451 Member Posts: 393

You have shown here that you have Boil Over at Tier 3 on Felix which is possible as long as you have previously got Boil Over at Tier 1 in the shrine or have Kate to at least P1. Just because you have Tier 3 on Felix, doesn’t mean you have maxed it out on Kate, who’s perk it is.

If your Kate is P1 then this is all correct. If you’re Kate is P3, then yes this is a problem.

• ShockedAndConfused
    ShockedAndConfused Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2022

Ah, interesting. I don't have Kate, nor Cheryl or Quentin.

So even though I have level 3 of Dance with Me, Vigil, Boil Over, and Blood Pact on every character I do have (along with Windows of Opportunity, Pharmacy!, Vigil, Repressed Alliance; haven't seen Soul Guard in the SoS yet I guess), these may continue to display in SoS until I have level 3 for characters I don't have?

Or just the character the Perk belongs to?

This seems strange, but I guess it makes sense if that is how it is designed. When I buy a Perk from the SoS it doesn't automatically give it to the characters - they still have to get it from the Bloodweb. The owner of the Perks naturally don't have to unlock the Perks...unless this lets them show up earlier in their Bloodweb.

I still feel like I'm misunderstanding something. 😕

• hastarkis
    hastarkis Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 580
    edited December 2022

This part "When I buy a Perk from the SoS it doesn't automatically give it to the characters - they still have to get it from the Bloodweb" is incorrect now. It does automatically give perks. If you buy Sprintburst fron SoS then ALL characters (owned and further) get the perk (t1) ready to equip.

Also shrine of secrets offers you to buy second and third tiers of those perk so all characters get those perks already leveled up from tier 1 to tier 2 or even tier 3. That's the deal.

Also you can buy owner of the perk and level them up. Every prestige of the owner will unlock (and grant) new tier of their perks for all characters. You won't need to find those perks in bloodweb anymore. Prestige of Kate means that all her perks will be available to equip for all characters from the very beginning, from lvl 0. P1 of Kate means tier 1 of perks (t2 and t3 can be found in bloodweb), p2 of Kate means t2 is available, and p3 means that t3 of all perks are available for all (owned and further) characters right away, without leveling their bloodweb.

And SoS contain same perks for all of us, even if you'll p3 Kate (or buy her petks from shrine) you'll be able to see her perks in Shrine still. But your only option will be to exchange shards for bloodpoints.

• Got it. Thanks you two for clearing up my misunderstanding.

I maxed out all the characters (that I have unlocked) ages ago, so I wasn't aware that the mechanics around SoS changed.

Good luck out there!