Map offerings should be removed

CheesyGuy
CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
edited December 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

First of all, before writing any comments about sides and etc... I wanted to point out that I am playing both sides and I have over 1000 hours on the game. DBD is improving itself which is quite nice. There are still some problems and I think one of the biggest problems, in my opinion, is some of the map designs. Some maps are really secure and not suitable for some killer and their game style. But it is a map and luck should be also a factor and that comes to the 2nd problem. Especially some SWFs are well prepared and well equipped and when they choose the map, there is barely anything that an average killer can do against them. And it just makes that match pointless because they choose the perks that can give them an advantage over the map, layers and etc. Same for the killer side, especially if it is SOLO-Q where the killer took most of the advantage but as I said it is mostly SWF usage, and against 4-man SWF + they choose a map, there is barely anything many killers can do especially with their powers and etc... I think the map should be pure luck and should not be manipulated by both sides. Especially due to some map designs there are some days where I play the same map 4-5 times in a row due to the selection of the map which is also boresome to play the same map. I also wanted to see the opinion of the community about this topic. Please share your ideas 😁

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436

Let's just squash the survivor conspiracy theories involving bringing maps and "tactical advantage" right here. Yes the RNG on maps is terrible, for both sides. When me and my friends bring a map offering its so we don't get Auto haven/MacMillian for the millionth time. BHVR's random map selection logarithm seems to be horribly broken and has been for years.

You can also bring in a green offering that kills any map offerings brought in by other players if it bothers you that much.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Sacrificial wards aren’t a solution. At most they are a band aid fix which barely works and can literally still spawn you on the map they summoned

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

They should have been removed ages ago. I’m tired of facing a strong survivor group bring a garden of joy or red forest offering and I’m also tired of Nurse’s bringing midwich offering and people bringing dead dawg to solely camp a 3 gen

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,213

Remove map offerings and you remove the most fun killer build in the game. Mirror Myers.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

Sure, if sac ward didn't have a cute little caveat of "if a 4 man swf wants to take you to x map, you are going."

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,338
    edited December 2022

Map offerings shouldn't be removed until they have an equal or better map selection system to replace them. Even if it's voting for a map. Getting sent to the same ######### realms over and over without any way to intervene sounds like a bigger headache.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    edited December 2022

As a Michael player no thank you

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

If Sacrificial Ward were yellow or something, maybe.

But it's as rare as any individual map offering, most of the time you think to play it the survivors don't play a bloody map offering anyway, it's consumed regardless if it doesn't do anything, pure RNG can overcome it, and it can be defeated by concerted map offerings.

What offerings should do is ban maps.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited December 2022

I'd love it if map offerings were removed. They're cluttering my inventory on my survivors, as I never use them, and if they were removed, that would free some space for items. I could maybe get more than a brown toolbox by bloodweb !

And get more addons as killer instead of having to depressingly buy Eyrie's offering, haha !

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

sacrificial wards are one of the rarest items in the game due to being green rarity. that's a no.