What are your hopes/expectations to the upcoming Mid-Chapter?

Marik1987
Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
edited January 2023 in General Discussions

Lets get real for a second: For ME (!), the midchapter is FAR MORE interesting to see than the 4 normal chapters with new survivors/killers/maps. With that being said, Im really looking forward to the Midchapter, which should come around this week (PTB-Patch).

Last Midchapter-PTB-Patch was on Sep. 30th, so it should happen today and PTB tomorrow.

What are my expectations?

First of all, I was really disappointed by the last midchapter. It had literally the Haunted by Daylight-Event and... well, the Chase Music for The Hag. Thats it.

• I expect the SoloQ-Icons are coming. It wouldnt be shared two weeks ago, if not. So we finally can see while we are playing how useful or useless our teammates are. Killers will not see that, I assume.
  • Then I expect changes on Eyrie of Crow-Map. We saw a change in the Icon-Picture (Breakable Door and Window changed positions).
  • I expect some changes to perks in the game (mostly nerfs). First of all I think perks like Call of Brine, Eruption, Nowhere to hide (cooldown for example) on killerside, Circle of Healing (maybe insta-destruction or u cannot rebless the same totem), Adrenaline/Hope-Combo (number-nerfs), Off the Record and, of course, Prove Thyself on survivorside.

What are my hopes?

• Devs start looking at items for survivors (Toolboxes and Medkits are too powerful with a lot of addons)
  • Devs find a way to deal with the current boring meta (CoB, Overcharge, Eruption on Killerside, Prove Thyself, CoH, Adrenaline/Hope on survivorside)
  • Twins-Rework is done and we can test the "new" Twins
  • some minor changes to Killer-Addons across the board (Freddy, Pyramid-Head, Nurse, Blight, Spirit)
  • Tunneling and Camping gets adressed, so that its not longer NECESSARY to win, if u are not Nurse, Blight or Spirit against decent survivors (no, not skill-issue, a lot of people say this tactics are even more important than before 6.1.0. Thats not killers-fault, its the fault of how the game currently works). I would argue that Killers gets rewarded for leaving the hook-area and chase different people instead of tunneling one.
Post edited by Marik1987 on

Comments

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 520

in the current meta, when 1 hook is equal to -2/3 of the generator, you need to either strengthen the m1 of killers on all fronts, or add dying light to the base

well, of course, add icons for survivors (I would even make a kindred base)

• Marik1987

September was only Haunted by Daylight and Hag-Chase-Music.

I assume you mean 6.1.0 from June.

• Marik1987
    edited January 2023

If u face 3 or 4Man-SWF while playing M1-Killer, you know why.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I hope for:

• another meta shake up. This time buff/rework the 40 least used perks.
    • bots that replace disconnecting players
    • HUD update (not only for survivors, but also for the killer)
  • HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

Ok.. then how about instead we ask for m1 killer buffs? Wouldn’t that make more sense?

• Marik1987
    edited January 2023

They did 6 months ago... and it does literally nothing (10% faster kicks on pallets etc.). These called "General Killer Improvements" didnt help. The most M1-Killers are suffering is with a lot unoutplayable Tiles.

But I would warmly welcome buffs for guys like Trapper, Myers (Instakill-Addons aside), Freddy, Pig (Ambush can break pallets like Demos Shred, for that, nerf the RBT a bit) and so on.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482

I wouldn’t say it did nothing. There are plenty of killers not being crippled by adrenaline and hope.

I don’t see them getting nerfed, as they literally have to play the whole game with 2 perks and make it to endgame to MAYBE get value.

Yes, it is quite annoying when they do get value, but it is deserved 100%.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

That's... Quite a lot of expectations for that one midchapter.

I don't think we'll see nearly as much as you've numbered, but a few of them would already be nice.

I think they would have teased bigger changes in advance if it was to be on a similar scale as 6.1. I think it'll most likely be a few perks getting looked at, icons, Eyrie, but not much else. The Twins rework would be super nice ! But I'm not expecting much more than what we've been shown.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,208

I have a feeling Nurse is going to get BHVR'd in a huge way. They've been way too quiet about it. I'm already salty.

Eruption nerf.

Survivor icons.

Introduction of SR in addition to MMR? They've asked about ranks in surveys for a while now.

• Distortion_Enjoyer
    Distortion_Enjoyer Applicant Posts: 83

less bugs 💀

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

Besides what we've seen? Maybe Twins rework but that's it.

Meta change would make sense since it's been 6 months but probably better to temper expectations.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 146

Fixing the server that has been busted in the UK since Christmas Day should be top of the list before anything else takes place.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Mine are low as usual (yes, I'm fun at parties).

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,745

I thought it always goes fix twelve things break fifteen or so?

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I can't remember anything that hints at them considering Nurse a problem and then going radio silent. They even buffed her range addons not long ago, whether it was a bug fix or not.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

You play against them with 2 perks less per survivor though?

I have a survivor build that have Adrenaline, Hope, Wake up, No one left behind. And thats the most boring build for me because...

• If I die before 5 Gens done, I play without perks. Its useless.
    • If I make it to 5 Gens, Im already winning, those perks are pointless.
    • If Im the last stand and escape, I should use other perks so my teammates have better chance to escape with me.
  • I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,233

Buff ds back to five seconds and make it last 90 seconds like otr so there is an actual risk involved in tunneling. Nerf eruption. That’s all I want. I think eruption nerf is the only one that will happen.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,208

That's why I'm worried. The complete silence. They were fine with Billy until they suddenly weren't.

• Marik1987

Well then killers need another buff tbh. If u remove Tunneling (warmly welcome) and nerf the only gen-regression available (lets be real no one plays Ruin or Pop anymore), killers need something to keep up.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,665

I expect survivor icons because those have been teased. I also expect there will be a few map changes, most notably new random tiles for autohaven and/or macmillan.

There's about a 50/50 chance they do anything about eruption. If they do change anything it'll be 'the cooldown now applies on kick, not on down, but has been reduced to 15 seconds.'

I don't expect widespread perk changes until this summer when they'll probably do another huge swath of 30+ perks at once.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Would be nice to see all gen regression perks nerfed and nerf to prove thyself, toolboxes and other do gens faster perks. Won't happen though.

• Marik1987

so basically everything switch over to chase and hide/seek. I would like it.

Also: I would like to see old Coldwinn-Style. The new one has nothing to do with a "Horror-Game-Atmosphere".

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,438

If you are half decent at the game, you should know that at least in chase you are the one in control of how it goes, and if your team does too, well you can dunk on the killer as much as you like.

Now if you can do this while being half decent, if you are good, you should loop m1 killers as easy as knight's guards or nemesis zombies, there is no risk on chase (unless they get bloodlust ||| ).

But since most of thr playerbase does not achieve the semi decent category, your average team will somehow die to meme killers like trapper or non condemned sadako.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,056
    edited January 2023

Survivor-Icons and Eyrie-Changes. Those are obvious. I also expect an Eruption-Nerf, because BHVR would be crazy if they leave this Perk in the current state.

Otherwise, I dont expect much. I am hoping for a Swamp-Rework, because the Map got disabled a few months ago, because it had some spawns which should not happen and I always have the feeling that stuff like this is them working on Maps, but messing up something.

I dont get your Perks tho, except for Eruption and Call of Brine:

• Nowhere the Hide - the only issue I see here is that it powercreeps a few other Aura-Perks, but other than that, the Perk is fine. It is currently stronger, because kicking Gens is so strong, but if Eruption and Call of Brine are nerfed, you would not need to nerf Nowhere to Hide as well IMO.
    • Circle of Healing - again?
    • Adrenaline/Hope - who asked for this? This is really the first time I see those Perks mentioned (aside from those people who want Adrenaline and in general every Survivor-Perk which is better than Sole Survivor nerfed). One less Perk during the game and Adrenaline might not even have any Impact. There are so many times where I get it while fully healed and not in Chase, which means I am faster for 5 seconds and can reach the Exit Gates quicker... Which is not that huge.
    • Off the Record - for what? As long as the Perk disables when you do anything to progress the game or when you reach Endgame, it is not that much of a problem. Furthermore, it resolves around Endurance, so not really that good, since once Hit removes every Endurance you can get. And the Killer even gets a Tell that the Survivor has Off the Record, so if they dont want to deal with that, they can just go for the Unhooker (or just tunnel through it, the current Anti-Tunnel measurements are more of a mild inconvenience and far from effective)
    • Prove Thyself - the Perk is not even that good. If you want to reduce the usage, just remove the Bonus-BPs and almost no Survivor would pick it. And I prefer Prove Thyself over other Perks IMO, because it means one less strong Perk the Survivors can bring AND they group up on Gens. And multiple Survivors on one Gen with Prove Thyself is still better than mutliple Survivors on multiple Gens at the same time.

Also dont really get why Medkits and especially Toolboxes should be nerfed. Toolboxes are not really an issue anymore since they dont have that much charges. And Medkits are basically the last strong Item which is left in the Survivor-Bloodweb... I mean, I dont care if the Devs nerf either of them, if this also means that they remove A LOT of Bloodweb-Clutter from Survivors which nobody uses.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

ofc, the eyrie changes (hoping its getting changed more than what was shown in the screenshot) and survivor icons

other than that, im really hoping for a twins rework, some quality of life improvements for the bloodweb (like they did for the archives a little bit ago), and just general perk changes to get us out of the meta we have right now

and very wishful thinking but im also hoping for a swamp rework

• JPLongstreet

Swamp reworks are bound to be out sometime, they're really the last ones that haven't been overhauled.

• TigerSnake
    TigerSnake Member Posts: 531

Honestly, aside from what’s already been teased and Eruption nerf, I’m not sure if I see much else happening considering how quiet they’ve been.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 684

Honestly? i dont expect too much from BHVR. This game needs a massive change, now days be terrible to play, every match looks like a championship, gen rush, camp, tunnel everytime, this game needs a big improvement or what else, just little changes on perks, maps will do nothing. BHVR sometimes looks like an amateur company, and they need admit this game is competitive now and give this treatment to the game. this game isnt a casual game anymore, but they refuse to admit that.

• Marik1987

Yeah of course its competetive. Casual would mean both sides are chilling. I cannot see chill games tbh (besides I do it after reaching Grade Iri 1 and dont care anymore about -1 pips).

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

The range addons are back to how they used to be. The initial change was a bugfix, but they were way too strong so they basically nerfed them by undoing the change.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,635

I expect nothing substantial because of the holiday break.

I hope we get some perk balance updates to Dead Hard and Eruption. Maybe if those perks get nerfed perk variety might start looking up again.

• JPLongstreet

Awwwww heck naw, hate all indoor maps in either role.

They all can go crawl into a bush somewhere and quietly die....

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,407

The team will just be coming back from Xmas and new years holidays. I doubt it's anything significant.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

When is this Mid-Chapter coming?

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

most likely next week on tuesday/wednesday (with a dev update this week)

• Marik1987

PTB+3weeks, so at the end of January/Start of February.

So PTB must be today or in 1 week.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I genuinely don't care if they nerf PT but jesus christ the perk isn't even good.

It saves like, what, 6 seconds? It's way better for you as Killer if people group up on gens but whatever ig