Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I don't think it's playing efficiently anymore...

Ok, you can say what you want, but I don't think that this is only play efficiently.

I played some matches with cross play on, and literally in less than 20 seconds 2 gen were done. Without prove thyself, bnp and so on. I turned off cross play and gen speed was acceptable, also with prove and so on.

Call me paranoic, but there is too much difference to be just skill and playing efficiently.

Another example, the last gen popped and an exit gate near the gen was already opened in like 2 seconds. Checked the perk to see if someone has something to speed up exit gate, anything like this. And it isn't only one match, it's every match with pc players!

Comments

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170

Keep your MMR low (by being bad) and I never seem to meet any hackers.

I really wish I knew my MMR.

• illNicola
    illNicola Member Posts: 482

Bro, I will never say random bullshit. I say this because I'm ######### tired, it's not the first time. I need to play without cross play to face normal matches, the problem is that I'm from ps5 and if I set off cross play I find only players from ps5, and not from ps4. Fun, seriously.

I'm always the one who say "Yes, maybe is only a good player", but when someone disappear in front of you, go behind a rock and instantly disappear, or pop 2 gen in less than 20 seconds, I think this isn't possible without cheating. Oh, and 2 gen with deadlock, I use deadlock in every build because it's a must have in my opinion.

• illNicola

I prefer not playing. I'm at top MMR bro, I'm a ######### veteran of dbd and seeing the game in this state isn't acceptable. And I'm not going to low my MMR only because devs don't want to put a decent anticheat and care about their ######### game

• DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611

I mean nothing will change, survivor's get things nerfed that could be viable in higher MMR, it's no reason for you to play boring games where you destroy casuals and solo q, hince why they want a buff.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

This is actually the thing I fear the most: all the more or less subtle hackers that I will never identify and that just make me feel like I am losing my edge, while I was actually doing pretty well. In essence there is nothing you can do about it and we can just hope that BHVRs anti-hacking efforts are going on well.

• Mockingjay_S451
    Mockingjay_S451 Member Posts: 393

How are you keeping your MMR “at top” if you are facing so many cheaters? Fast gens and doors immediately opening, I’m assuming that means a lot of escapes.

• illNicola

I forgot to mention. I started to play on ps5 like one week ago, before I was from ps4 with cross play off. Because you can't actually play with cross play off on ps5 because you find only players from ps5, I started playing with cross play on. First matches were ok, from like 3/4 days I'm facing only cheater. Before, never got problem, like gen were fast ok, but I've never seen something like this also against survs with literally 4 bnp, prove and hyperfocus (and trust me, I've met things like this and still won because I played sweaty). And I never saw people who literally disappear in front of my eyes or after they go behind a rock, and since I don't think that behind a rock there is a portal for Narnia, I think that it isn't normal.

• illNicola

In fact I like challenges, if I destroy everyone in like 5 minutes where is the fun? This game has so many problems, but at top MMR I deduced that playing sweaty and efficiently means win like 90% of the game. But if I play sweaty at low MMR, where is the fun? Where is the actual satisfication in win a game?

• Mockingjay_S451
    Mockingjay_S451 Member Posts: 393

I’m sorry, but nobody faces this many cheaters. It just isn’t feasible. And nobody can see their MMR, not sure how you know you are at the top.

• illNicola

I usually win like 90% of my matches, and I play every night like too many matches. It's rare for me to even draw, I usually do 3/4 only because the hatch. It's because I used to win every match that I played that I know I'm at top mmr.

It isn't feasible? Bro, seriously? I never complained about cheaters. Never, because I thought that it wasn't even this common. But after 3/4 nights playing dbd and seeing gens popping in less than 20 seconds without prove, bnp etc. I think that it's not skill issue, or at least not mine. Like for example, I started using call of brine (I think that it's call of brine in English, I'm Italian and I don't remember if "Richiamo salmastro" is call of brine) and I managed to make gens go to 0%. Now explain me how is possible, without prove thyself, hyperfocus and toolboxes, bring in like 5 seconds a gen from 0% to ~90%. Explain me, because it happened in like 90% of my matches in this days. I'm not saying I met only cheaters, and if I said that it's my error, but every match without cheaters I'm not saying was easy win, but we are close.

• DashMonsta008XV
    DashMonsta008XV Member Posts: 611

It's somewhere between clutching a really good SWF and when you some how get a baby meg,that makes every mistake in the book and you give them hatch or door whatever's convenient

It's not an easy answer as far as beating high mmr player's because they use every perk and items to extend chase's and speed up gens.If I get beat by them it's not a win for the swf because,I know how the game is designed and nothing can stop a gen rush ,as long as I get hooks and used my power to get good shots then,i kinda won because i had some fun

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528

What?

10% of the DBD player population are using a cheating software...

This means that every 2-3 killer matches there will probably be a survivor who is cheating.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309
    edited January 2023

Pretty sure it's from an interview a content creator did with a cheater or cheat developer (can't remember). And not too sure if it's something that's considered alright to directly link to on here considering the topic.

Personally I don't exactly think that makes the figure very believable to put it that way.

Because lets be real, a 10% cheater rate would lead to FAR more complaints and reports about running into them than we already have. Especially when the nature of MMR thanks to the softcap means they wouldn't even be quarantined in some sorta cheater-only shadowban bracket above humanly accessible MMR.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Definitely. Also, I wouldn't consider a cheater or cheat developer as a very honest and reliable source.

• illNicola

The problem is that they hadn't anything for speed up gens. No prove, bnp etc. 2 gens, with deadlock so we can consider 3 gens (I forgot to mention that I use deadlock, but it's obvious for me that a killer use deadlock because it's really a must have, in my opinion), in less than 20 seconds. This isn't playing good, and if this is playing efficiently the situation is worst than I thought, but fortunately I know that it's not only playing efficiently because I play lots of survivor and I use gen speed things. Not even in 4 on the same gen with prove and hyperfocus can devour gens so fast, imagine 3 alone who manage to do 3 gens and luckily one is stopped by deadlock. I know that at top mmr isn't easy, but I play considering that I meet onest players, not cheaters who speed up gens, healing or teleport (returning to the speech that yesterday I caught people disappearing going behind a rock. I still have to understand if there actually is a portal to Narnia behind the rocks and I was not aware of it).

• illNicola

Why that? He didn't say name and surname of people who cheats. He only said the percentage, and he has anything to gain or loose by telling actual data. Why, in your opinion, is it not believable?

• illNicola

And because of the high win rate of cheaters they are at top mmr, so you know you are more likely to encounter them if you have a very high mmr.

• illNicola
    edited January 2023

You have to consider that there are 3 types of cheaters:

1) People who only cheats the in game money, like bloodpoints and cells (that in my opinion is like 0.1% of the 10%)

2) Subtle cheaters, who only speed up things like they augment their movement speed, their repair speed, healing speed and so on. This I think is the 9.8% of the 10%)

3) 100% cheaters who takes you in hostage for example, where you have to quit the game or wait like 2 hours (or 1? I don't remember) for the match to close automatically. This in my opinion is always like 0.1% of the players, because this are very rare.

In my opinion the majority of cheaters are subtle cheaters, because they are very difficult to notice and only veterans and who play too much dbd can notice them without a doubt.

And one last thing, you have to consider that cheaters obviously are at top mmr, so you consider a very small portion of the players, so that 10% isn't absurd.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

A cheater (or cheat developer) is unlikely to have actual verified data from anything beyond their sales and a host of reasons to lie (normalizing cheating, self justifications, increase sales, etc). Also, if they were honest people with integrity to begin with they wouldn't be cheating or developing cheats.