The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why did the killers start being lazy?

Why do killers after the 6.1.0 update, which increased the completion time of generators, only use a combination of the most boring perks for damaging generators?

Why does Behaviour itself add such powerful perks to the game that have several effects in them? Looking at older Otzdarv build videos there is, for example, Surveillance + Ruin + Undying - an information perk, a perk for passive generator regression and a perk for sustaining the previous hex.

Now killers get Eruption in which they can often profit for one generator kick until the end of the match.

They also have Call of Brine, a perk that for some unknown reason combines the information part and additionally regresses generators.

I'm waiting for Behaviour to add another perk where a killer after kicking a generator will make every person in the killer's terror radius Exposed, and the killer additionally gets the Haste effect, because why not.

Survivors, on the other hand, don't have perks that are so broken.

Prove Thyself makes you have to do generators together - easier target to hit because there's a higher concentration of people. Prove doesn't even give a bonus either, it just removes the debuff.

Resilience only works when someone is injured, so such a survivor is also an easy target for a killer. 

Of the other perks, Overzealous requires you to find a totem and works as long as you don't lose health state,

Hyperfocus just doesn't work and is practically not used at all,

Bonus from Deja Vu is just a placebo for survivors that that bar at the bottom is yellow and not white or red.

I don't understand why killers are so lazy to take the most boring combinations of perks despite increased generator time, I don't understand why BHVR combines several perk functions into one, and I don't understand why completely nothing has changed in this regard in the last update.

Comments

• vBlossom_
    vBlossom_ Member Posts: 386

I play with a friend of mine as a 2 man SWF and there are often situations like "ok, we're moving on to the next game" and we just kill ourselves on the hook because there's no point in prolonging the game where there are 2 generators left to do, all the generators have an eruption on them and on top of that the killer keeps patrolling them.

I've had Deja Vu as one of my perks for a long time, but it still doesn't do anything.

Even if my friend and I go with the most effective genrush build - Prove + Resilience + Deja Vu + Overzealous, we can't do all the generators because the other people might just not do genrush.

Currently, I can only escape with my friend if the killer doesn't take Eruption with a build strictly towards defending generators, no matter what we take.

• RavenBirb
    RavenBirb Member Posts: 466

it's the only thing helping slow down gen rush, which is default because the objective is dumb and outdated

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

Honestly, it's nice to see Pain Res beating out Eruption, even if only by .2%

I wouldn't group Nowhere to Hide and Corrupt in there though. Former is an info perk, and the latter is probably the fairest slowdown perk in the game, and in some cases even prevents an early 3 gen.

As someone who doesn't run any slowdown besides the occasional Jolt and/or Thrilling, I'm not exactly struggling. Nor do I camp or tunnel. I apply pressure in other ways. I like full aura builds or anti-bully-squad builds, like:

Lethal + Nowhere to Hide + I'm All Ears + BBQ, Or... Agitation + Iron Grasp + Mad Grit + Haunted Grounds

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301

Only gen perk I've been running is deadlock. More than enough if you play aggressively enough. Very much enjoy the spirit fury/enduring wraith recently.

• SmolBlob
    SmolBlob Member Posts: 399

Survivor perks tend to be weaker individually because there’s 4 survivors and only 1 killer.

Also, Prove Thyself "only" removing the debuff is incredibly strong. The debuff exists in the first place to not make multiple survivors on individual gens be busted.

Eruption and Call of Brine are overtuned as well, but that does not mean survivor perks are bad.

• vBlossom_
    vBlossom_ Member Posts: 386
  • Rootlo
    Rootlo Member Posts: 82

Because even with the nerfs Gens still fly stupid fast. And killers cant chase because everyone runs deadhard/off the record. Many games 2-3 gens just blow before the killer even gets their first hook.

• G_Hunters
    G_Hunters Member Posts: 74

If you really have 2000 hours in this game,you should already know the answer to your question,but judging by what you said ("survivors don't have anything this broken"),I'm going to assume you are the classic biased player who lacks the capacity to see the larger picture.

Play more the killer role,that's all I can say.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2023

Not a small extent. People underestimate how much distance a survivor gains by moving fast. If a survivor has a 20 meter head start on the killer, and they both just hold w. How long do you think it takes for the killer to land a hit on that survivor? Couple seconds? No, much longer.

Killer lunge distance is 6 meters, generally i say 5 meters because of reaction time and lag and spins and such. So the killer needs to get within 5 meters of the survivor to land a hit. survivors move at 4.0 m/s, and the average killer at 4.6 m/s. This means that the killer gains .6 m/s of movement. This means that to close a gap of 15 meters (20 - 5 (for the lunge) it will actually take 25 seconds in order to do that. Exhaustion perks, can often give survivors a big lead vs what they normally would, especially dead hard, often leading them to extending chases by, 15-20 seconds at MINIMUM. 20 extra seconds is 20 x 3 more seconds on a generator, which is 2/3 of a generator or 13% of the survivor's entire objective, and that is just to land a single hit.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188

with blight and nurse or spirit being there wich are 0 risk high reward u say survivors should take risk at using those perks? hilarious. those killers catch up stupidly fast even in those cases. if we got to remove certain killers we could talk about the overhaul to exhaustion perks.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,849

I don't think it is laziness in many cases, it is just that gens can go VERY fast and it can make matches quite stressful for killers and those who don't understand how to create pressure can resort to artificially slowing the match instead.

I hate the fact you really do need at least 1x and ideally 2x gen control perks with many killers, as it limits the interesting builds you could use as you feel you need to slow games down.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881
    edited January 2023

Idk but exhaustion overall is just not a good mechanic, hell running so much faster than the killer is just not good design. Sure maybe the small boost over a 115's speed from running blood pact and the blight syringe medkit addon/ bt but that requires an actual risk of having 2 people near the killer. Meanwhile exhaustion is just there where the only downside is not being able to use it more than once per chase (unless the scenario with adrenaline) and having 4 survivors do that against an m1 with mediocre antiloop.... you begin to wonder why killers are running a bunch of gen regression.

TLDR: Like nurse, exhaustion is also a contributing faster to being able to buff/nerf certain aspects of the game.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

Because BHVR doesn't understand that gens are a problem that needs fixing.

• Vagab0ndCat
    Vagab0ndCat Member Posts: 80

Its actually a very simple concept:

What you mean by "boring" translates in "good".

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Turns out that increasing gen times while also nerfing gen slowdown perks hard did little to nothing in regard of slowing the game down.

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 520

I returned to the game a month ago and during this time I up1.5 account perstige, this is more than 600 games, and in all this time I have not seen games without DH

In every game dh, but why don't killers play with different builds?

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

Tbf just because survivors don't run the most gen rushy builds every time doesn't mean they couldn't or that those builds aren't powerful.

Hyperfocus + Stake Out is crazy and allows survivor to take 25 seconds off a gen solo. I mean hell I ran a few games of Built to Last/Prove Thyself/Steetwise with an absolutely juiced toolbox yesterday and often 2-3 gens were done before the killer got a hook.

Which brings me to my last point of the problem with your screenshot is it doesn't show items or add-ons. They're not bringing Hyperfocus sure but I bet they sure are bringing a ton of BNPs.

• Stabby_Widdershins
    Stabby_Widdershins Member Posts: 485

I've looked at OP's screenshot multiple times. Someone help me out; Are they claiming that the top 4 Killer perks are used more than the 5th most-used Survivor perk?

Why did they underline Prove and Resilience while circling PR, Eruption, Jolt, and Brine?

Why did they clearly ignore the top 4 Survivor perks? Which are, BTW, used more than the top 4 Killer perks.

I'm lost.

• LordSturm
    LordSturm Member Posts: 493

It doesn't make much of a difference that you've played 2000 hours if you haven't played Killer for even 1 of them.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

If it had come with faster gen perks being nerfed, that might have worked.

A bit blunt but honestly...yeah?

I must say, I played killer for about 600 hours before I even really tried survivor, and not only did it improve my killer style dramatically overnight, it also made me a lot more sympathetic to some survivor complaints.

• Alcuin
    Alcuin Member Posts: 460
    edited January 2023

The top four perks for Killer are all gen regression perks; they're all of the same type/class. The top four Survivor perks have more variety in that regard.

I think we should give point values to perks and a maximum allowance of points for a build. Dead Hard and CoB/Eruption are four points and a build cannot exceed 10 points. Killers can run CoB and Eruption but would be limited to Bloodhound and Furtive Chase (examples of 1 point perks) for their remaining perks. For every member of a SWF, you lose one point. So a 4-man can still have Dead Hard in their builds but not Adrenaline. It would add variety and bring Solo closer to SWF.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 626

The worst thing about Eruption is that it punishes the team for the weak link as if having them there wasn't bad enough.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

So Gen kicking is lazy... but Ruin and Undying were ok???

Also if they didn't change the "meta" then other people will be saying what you are saying

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 520

do you want a killer who already competes 4 vs 20 perks to compete 2 vs 20?