The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

can we get rid of dead hard yet?????

Wizard91
Wizard91 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
edited January 2023 in General Discussions

its every game not every other game or every couple of games its every match please for the love of god we are sick of seeing it every single match its been YEARS!!

Answers

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 520

maybe the developers will make a perk that inflicts a deep wound with a duration of treatment of 5 seconds, at m1

in this way it will not affect the balance, but will allow you to reduce DH

• Solomonkane
    Solomonkane Member Posts: 112

I don't think there will ever be a perk for killer that inflicts deepwound. Only because of Doctor, since Snap Out of it takes priority over mending. I've seen people go down because they were madness 3 and got hit with BT active.

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426

The problem is not Dead Hard, once used once if you're a good killer you'll remember who has DH and you'll wait

Problem is DH plus Off the Record plus BT plus Adrenaline any other "extra health status" a survivor could have, that's the real issue. If you're limited to carry only one of those perks then i will be fine but, when you find a survivor who's a tank and can't die in any possibile way until you have hitted him over and over and over then we have a problem

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

I think a good nerf to DH would be to have to deactivate at end game. It would still be a strong perk to worth using, but would make it harder for injured survivors to get out the gates.

• Gamall
    Gamall Member Posts: 487

Nah you just need to adapt to it

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

It's not that bad, I've been doing the look up trick lately and it actually works an embarrassingly high amount of the time.

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426

DH and Off the record don't stack i never said they do, but BT and Adrenaline works perfectly with DH or OTR

As said allowing just one perk that save your life is not a problem, DH is not a problem, once used it the killer will know you have it and i can trick you to waste it. The problem is allowing more perks which grant an extra health or extend the duration of the endurance effect. So yeah i chase you, i know you have DH and you don't use it because you have Off the Record also, or Adrenaline that could potentially heal the deep wound and provide the sprint boost, MIx all togheter and one survivor is a tank and that's a problem, not ONE perk but several perks all togheter that provide invulnerability

• Mach2
    Mach2 Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 49
    edited January 2023

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968

while knight exist i dont think that would happen , the only counter for knight is using E for the guards or sprint burst to hold W at the moment + eruption is still a thing soo yeah.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 303

Is dead hard that big of a deal? Honestly when someone gets me with it it's usually a damn good surv and i gotta give em some respect. I usually just flick up and they dh and then go down. Instead of nerfing getting rid of perks etc both sides core seem to be in need of a buff, once base surv and killer are somewhat balanced then you can go into perk nerfs etc. I've seen everyone whine about dh, eruption, cob, COH, etc. It's like how many used to viable perks are now utterly useless do to whining from both sides. I'm fairly new to community so what do I know right, but damn the complaints are wild.

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375

Isn't that what killers tell survivors on how to counter damn near everything hah

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,660

You listed 4 perks and claimed they all work together. They don't, in really any combination.

BT (whether base kit or the perk) and OTR only gives you one endurance buff that is the longest, not several stacks of endurance to use. If you have OTR and BT, you get the 60 seconds of endurance from OTR and it's like you don't even have BT at all (except the timer of the haste effect, which isn't part of this discussion).

If you're deep wounded by any source, adrenaline removes the deep wound instead of making the survivor healthy. Any of the perks DH, BT, or OTR triggering before adrenaline means you're still injured and one shot. If adrenaline hits first, you can't dead hard because adrenaline makes you exhausted.

The only time this could even stack is if, in this exact order, someone: is pulled off hook, last gen pops so that adrenaline makes them healthy, and then they could use either BT or OTR to take an endurance hit. In this incredibly specific case, a survivor running all 4 of your perks could take 1 additional hit.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,994

I Love when one side suggest a completely useless counter.

COH- "just run shatter hope" not viable

eruption- "just run a team aura reading perk to predict eruption"....... do u even play survivor????

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881

OP is complaining about seeing it every match not how powerful it can be and yeah it does get boring seeing the same 1 perk on at least 2 survivors every match.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Tell that to the Knights guards or Oni mains whilst they're in demon dash.

• TheDavidKingMain
    TheDavidKingMain Member Posts: 24

Skill issue, just wait it out.

• Everyone is overlooking the most obvious solution to this problem:

Tunneling.

Next time you see a survivor with Dead Hard, hit them as soon as they're off the hook, and then just tunnel them out of the game altogether. They can't use DH if they have deep wound. They can't use DH if they're not in the game.

Okay. I'm all for this.

I've started playing him lately, too. He's not just a great counter to DH, he's a hell of a lot of fun to boot.

Yeah, my main problem with DH is how strong it is at pallets. If it's out in the open or near a window, yeah, you can just bait it out. At pallets, it can still be used to force a lose-lose situation, same as it ever could, and that can extend a chase for another 1/3-1/2, which can be game-breaking against M1 killers or killers running perks that only activate on downs and hooks.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

Yes it is. Thats called skills. Something you probably lack if you cant bait it out.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

About 8 exhaustion perks, 4 players a match. Someone is bound to have the same exhaustion perks. And exhaustion perks overall are popular.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 573

So you think lose-lose situations should be removed? Rip all antiloop killers

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
  • Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

The only change i would give dead hard is to give it start up frames so people can't use the auto script anymore

Something like 0.25 seconds startupframes and then 0.5 seconds where you have endurance.

Heck you can bump the endurance duration to 0.75 then even and it wouldn't be a problem anymore

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,541

Remember when no one was gonna use DH ever again because BHVR nerfed it too hard? It was fun while it lasted. Now it's back to waiting behind every injured survivor that didn't use a different exhaustion perk before. And even then you might see the occasional DH + Balanced Landing, which is not especially good but annoying none the less. I guess we can still switch to Legion. That way both sides face something equally bad designed.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913
    edited January 2023

One, I don't use any of those, so removing them wouldn't affect me, so, yeah, whatever.

Two, if a killer is able to force a lose-lose situation that imbalances the game to that degree, maybe it should be looked at. Maybe getting out of a free hit at a pallet might not matter much if you're up against Blight or the other survivors aren't competent enough to be doing gens, but it's a really big deal against Ghostface, especially if four survivors are running it and know how to use it.

Most of my wins with Ghostface (meaning, 3-4K) are with 0-1 gens left, and that's with a mix of antichase and slowdown perks, the only saving grace being that STBFL gets stacks when hitting a DHing survivor.

If everyone is running DH, my options are basically to tunnel them off the hook or run NOED every game. If those are acceptable solutions, then, sure, we already have some, but I think that perk is in a sorry state when those are the best counters.

EDIT: Also, honestly, I wouldn't feel the same way if every other meta perk didn't get nerfed into the ground, but the worst (best) perk in the game then is still the worst (best) perk in the game.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418

I agree. I've been playing killer a lot more recently and I've come to absolutely despise DH and stopped using it in my build when I play survivor out of solidarity for killer mains lol.

It just feels so wrong/cheap to 'win' a chase/mind game, only for the survivor to have a 'get out of jail free' card to essentially reset the chase and correct their mistake/misread of the killer. Even since the 'nerf' (if you can call it that), it is still essentially a third health state, and despite it not being quite as popular as old DH (still high up there), survivors have adapted to the new DH and it's slowly yet surely becoming just as much of a nuisance as the old, pre-nerf one. When I play killer, in a good match I see it used by no less than two survivors, but seeing it in three (and sometimes even all four survivors!) is becoming more and more common.

I honestly think it needs a rework again. In fact, I've always said it should be a one-time-only perk like Deliverance, DS, etc. I think they should increase their endurance from 0.5 to 1 second to make it more accessible and easy to use, but limit it to one use per match.

And no: 'just bait it out' is not an argument. You essentially have to alter your chase style and assume survivors have DH which, in my opinion, takes the fun out of the game. Perks should be secondary to the actual game, not the other way around.

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 606

You can only wait out dead hard in the open.

An M1 killer played well against skilled loopers will usually only be able to get into max lunge range for a hit when the survivor is literally right about to be able to throw the pallet.

If the killer tries to wait out DH at the pallet.....the survivor just drops the pallet. (duh)

If you mind-game well enough to attempt the max distance lunge, you still get nothing because a lunge from max distance is quite easy to DH.

Creates a 'screwed if you do, screwed if you don't' scenario for the killer. Ever play dodgeball in school with the kid that refuses to sit down when they're hit? DH has that same energy and it sucks out loud. Armorlock in Halo: Reach had the same bogus energy too. Pretty much every killer you see on twitch catches up to a survivor and then just doesn't do anything for fear of falling victim to this dumb, overpowered, cheap-shot perk.

So now after the attempted rework we are STILL in this odd, old and tired situation where people don't actually have to be good at the core aspect of the game (looping) to survive, you just have to be good at a piece of timing. Taking DH from 'BS on tap' to 'BS on timing' did not remedy the problem of the perk being straight up BS and now higher level games feel worse than pre nerf because the proverbial third health state got turned into a literal one. What's worse is already skilled loopers who take DH turn into god players vs M1 killers and it just capsizes the quality of the whole experience.

So again, "just wait it out" is not a valid argument because you can't....unless they're in the open

• ReductoSmash
    ReductoSmash Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

You: "The problem is endurance and health state perks! It's not okay to delay downs! Just don't think too hard about the fact that once one endurance perk is used it invalidates the others..."

Probably also you: "Eruption, Call of Brine, Overcharge, and Pain Res all together is fine! Stop whining, survivors!"