nararatu Member Posts: 35
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

everyone in this post is gay

Post edited by nararatu on

Comments

• nararatu
    Options

But hey, I quoted and answered you, so you got your daily attention dose. Now leave.

• nararatu
    Options

I have to disagree. It's just how it's supposed to be. Doesn't matter if you're picking someone up or if you already picked them up, if someone throws a pallet on you, you should feel it. Not teleport without any scratches.

• nararatu
    Options

Nah, how it is now is how the devs want to be, like you said. It's not how it's supposed to be. Wanna talk about windows for counterplay? Let's talk about Legion and Nurse, lol.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

@nararatu said:
    Nah, how it is now is how the devs want to be, like you said. It's not how it's supposed to be. Wanna talk about windows for counterplay? Let's talk about Legion and Nurse, lol.

Are you mad?
    You need skill as survivor.
    Accept that.

PS: i hate legion,too.

• nararatu
    Options

Yeah, I know we need skill as surv. Or maybe we just need to find killers who want to farm too and climb up to rank 1 easily without any effort, making the game unbalanced. Oh look, now we're talking about another problem amongst thousands in this game.

• Naiad
    Naiad Member Posts: 194
    Options

Because he's locked in animation so you have to time the pallet that you stun him just as he comes out of animation. A flashlight save is the same, you can blind too early and while you get the killer blind points the killer won't drop the survivor.

• nararatu
    Options

Or hey! Maybe we should reset the ranks, so I, as an ex-rank1 survivor can teabag rank 15 killers!

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@nararatu said:

The devs are the ones with the vision for the game, so "how it's supposed to be" is how they want it. You don't own the IP, last I checked.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    nararatu said:

Dropping the pallet on the killer while they were in the pick up animation and getting the save was already tried in force at the drop of patch 1.9.2.... it also came with flashlight saves being made while the killer was is in the pick up animation as well ..... and this was done during the howling grounds event.... it was incredibly dumb and broken.... no timing involved at all... needless to say bhvr switched it back....... look it up on YouTube and see the sort of reactions there were.... and the patch brought way more then just that... the game was arguably in the worse state ever... bugged wise and such 
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@nararatu said:
    I have to disagree. It's just how it's supposed to be. Doesn't matter if you're picking someone up or if you already picked them up, if someone throws a pallet on you, you should feel it. Not teleport without any scratches.

The devs decide what is "how it is supposed to be", not the players.

In order to free a teammate, you have to get the timing right and drop the pallet at the correct moment. Why are you against a mechanic that requires skill and asking for a freebie instead?

• nararatu
    Options

@Orion said:

@nararatu said:

The devs are the ones with the vision for the game, so "how it's supposed to be" is how they want it. You don't own the IP, last I checked.

They did a "pretty good job so far" heh.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    So you know it works, and still complain? 
    Your timing is just bad, its your git gud problem.
  • nararatu
    Options

@Bravo0413 said:
    nararatu said:

Dropping the pallet on the killer while they were in the pick up animation and getting the save was already tried in force at the drop of patch 1.9.2.... it also came with flashlight saves being made while the killer was is in the pick up animation as well ..... and this was done during the howling grounds event.... it was incredibly dumb and broken.... no timing involved at all... needless to say bhvr switched it back....... look it up on YouTube and see the sort of reactions there were.... and the patch brought way more then just that... the game was arguably in the worse state ever... bugged wise and such 

it's because it SHOULDN'T REQUIRE ANY TIMING. Makes absolute no sense. The logical is that you can blind someone while he is picking up someone and also be able to stun someone when he's doing the same.

• nararatu
    edited February 2019
    Options

And you don't need to tell me about the bugs, I get them everyday. Literally. EVERY DAY. So don't try to use the bugs as an argument for anything in this game, because the sloppy devs will just keep making them happen.

• Orion
    Options

@nararatu said:

@Orion said:

@nararatu said:

Yes, they did, as evidenced by the continued growth of the game and its unexpected success. They were successful and did a good job by any relevant metric.

• nararatu
    Options

@ChesterTheMolester said:

I see you're having problem reading the original post. Therefore I will just ignore you.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Because that's what they consider balanced.

• nararatu
    Options

@Orion said:

@nararatu said:

@Orion said:

@nararatu said:

Yes, they did, as evidenced by the continued growth of the game and its unexpected success. They were successful and did a good job by any relevant metric.

The "EVIDENCE" doesn't show good numbers, sir... I think you're straight up lying to me. https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

• nararatu
    Options

@Boss said:
    Because that's what they consider balanced.

now he said it.

• nararatu
    Options

/\ And that's the problem, the devs aren't players. LOL.

• Orion
    Options

@nararatu said:

@Orion said:

@nararatu said:

@Orion said:

@nararatu said:

The "EVIDENCE" doesn't show good numbers, sir... I think you're straight up lying to me. https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

It's a clear upward trend that doesn't even take into account the two other platforms the game is being sold on. But hey, what do I know about statistics? It's not like I studied the subject as part of my college course in Engineering Physics.

• nararatu
    Options

@Orion said:

@nararatu said:

@Orion said:

@nararatu said:

@Orion said:

@nararatu said:

It's a clear upward trend that doesn't even take into account the two other platforms the game is being sold on. But hey, what do I know about statistics? It's not like I studied the subject as part of my college course in Engineering Physics.

yeah, joke about it now xD

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    nararatu said:

@ChesterTheMolester said:

I see you're having problem reading the original post. Therefore I will just ignore you.

You know you gotta wait till the animation ends, if you time it right you can still free him before the Killer can really move. 

If you can't do that then its your problem. 
    A git gud problem.
  • nararatu
    Options

It surely does show a upward trend.

• Orion
    Options

@nararatu said:

I'm looking at the whole data, rather than excluding the points that don't support my argument. But hey, you do you.

• nararatu
    Options

Lemme explain to you; I just discovered that. I never even tried before> @Orion said:

@nararatu said:

I'm looking at the whole data, rather than excluding the points that don't support my argument. But hey, you do you.

well if past matters that much let's just go back to an old version?

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@nararatu said:

It's always the same shortly before a new DLC gets released. Let's take a look at the statistics next month.

• nararatu
    Options

Looking forward into it.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    edited February 2019
    Options
    • being bad
    • complaining about a mechanic that requires skill
  • Bravo0413
    Options
    nararatu said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    nararatu said:

it's because it SHOULDN'T REQUIRE ANY TIMING. Makes absolute no sense. The logical is that you can blind someone while he is picking up someone and also be able to stun someone when he's doing the same.

The timing is needed because the other player cant defend themselves while in the animation! That is why it's require!... theres 3 more people to worry about and going through what was back then 7! SECONDS  of being stuck in place (after going through the pick up and then stun save afterwards) was incredibly stupid......

If we wanna talk logic!.... spirit would be able to go through walls and be the strongest in game, a chainsaw by Billy or LF would kill the survivors outright, survivors wouldnt be able to walk after stepping trap!..... yes ofcourse the game sounds incredibly fun to play if we bring in "logic"... 

And the bugs were incredibly worse during patch 1.9.2 survivors wouldnt even be in the heart beat and chase music would start randomly just out of no where... killers were deaf to survivors... they didnt make any noise at all... 
  • Boss
    Options

@Bravo0413 said:
    If we wanna talk logic!...

If we're talking logic, Killers shouldn't drop Survivors just cause they got blinded. :)

• Terminator525
    Terminator525 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    This has to be one of the stupidest questions I've ever seen on this forum. Survivor is being chased by killer and runs to pallet then gets hit down and killer cannot pick up survivor because he is animation locked. Every time a survivor is being chased by killer he runs to pallet and is safe from being picked up every time. SWF would be literally unstoppable and killers would slug every match. Would be the most game breaking thing ever to be put in this game.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@Master said:
    In order to free the survivor you need to stun him after the animation

Why?  Because not everything in the game is completely braindead and require no skill, luckily some stuff at least...

Why the hostility?

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:

If we're talking logic, Killers shouldn't drop Survivors just cause they got blinded. :)

Yeah why don't they hold on? XD and its even more ridiculous when they get stunned because of the blind?

• Boss
    Options

@Poweas said:

@Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:

Yeah why don't they hold on? XD and its even more ridiculous when they get stunned because of the blind?

Awww, you're in jail. :/

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options
    If nothing else, this thread has given me advice regarding how to save a Survivor with a pallette in the super rare occasions I play Survivor.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options
    Poweas said:

@Master said:
    In order to free the survivor you need to stun him after the animation

Why?  Because not everything in the game is completely braindead and require no skill, luckily some stuff at least...

Why the hostility?

Thats due to the current DS stuff
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    If there were only a few pallets per match I would thinl pallet stuns should force the stun and drop survivor mid animation. The reason that is such a bad idea is because of how common pallets are. Its doesn't really make sense to have stuns which don't make you drop the survivor. As it is now is a good way to have it. Pallets shouldn't be used as free escapes otherwise survivors would be almost unhookable if they go to a pallet.
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options
    I think if you interrupt the pick up animation with a pallet slam then the killer should drop the survivor back into the dying state on the ground. It's a little silly you don't get anything at all for using up a pallet just because you threw it down .005 seconds before the animation ended. 
  • Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 497
    edited February 2019
    Options

@AshleyWB said:
    If there were only a few pallets per match I would thinl pallet stuns should force the stun and drop survivor mid animation. The reason that is such a bad idea is because of how common pallets are. Its doesn't really make sense to have stuns which don't make you drop the survivor. As it is now is a good way to have it. Pallets shouldn't be used as free escapes otherwise survivors would be almost unhookable if they go to a pallet.

If I get it right, you're argument is, that pallet saves shouldn't be that easy ("that is such a bad idea", "free escapes") cause there are so many pallets ("because of how common pallets are").

As many things in this game, this situation (getting a pallet save) is also related to chance. How often were you able to rescue a survivor using a pallet? I'm approaching 1000 hours, and I can say, it wasn't that often.

Usually I'm working on a gen (if i'm not the one that's getting chased). And as a solo player, I also don't know where the other survivors are (this includes the one that might get chased at the moment). Even running bond or empathy wouldn't change much, I still couldn't see if they went down in an unused pallet.

So you are constructing this fictional situation (although you're not stating that, but it has to be like that), where every survivor is completely aware that another survivor is getting chased and where and they run towards the chased survivor that's being chased. Then they get ready to throw an unused pallet, on the off chance that the chased survivor goes down in that unused pallet, just so they can get a "free escape".

Seems legit.

PS: I'm still ok with the way it's now, and that the devs added this artificial difficulty (timing) for balancing purposes.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

I just can't believe some people want 100% logical game.

Why are survivors able to heal themselves for an infinite amount of time with self care?
    Why do survivors not lose health state when they drop from high ground?
    Why do survivors lose their exhaustion state when they are put on a hook?
    etc. etc.

Somethings are just logical gameplay wise. It would be too easy to drop a pallet and stun the killer if it happened in animation lock.

This is 100% git gud problem. Pallet stun save is one of the easiest things in this game, if you can't do it, then blame yourself.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Options
    nararatu said:

Why?

Because, clearly, there is nothing wrong with this: 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/7xsyoh/flashlightpallet_saves_in_192/

It was a dark time....
  • Bravo0413
    Options
    nararatu said:

Why?

Because, clearly, there is nothing wrong with this: 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/7xsyoh/flashlightpallet_saves_in_192/

It was a dark time....
    During that time it was like the killers that still played were going to war whenever they queued up... 
  • Bravo0413
    Options
    Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:

This too /\ it would be natural reaction for the killer to hold on to the survivors tighter xD
  • Orion
    Options

@Bravo0413 said:
    During that time it was like the killers that still played were going to war whenever they queued up... 

I was there, 3000 years ago...

This discussion has been closed.