The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The ability to unhook a survivor as a killer. What do you think?

Rebel_Raven
Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
edited October 2018 in General Discussions
What do you think about the ability for killers to unhook a survivor into being carried again?

It would reset the hook phase they are in when originally hooked previously, though.
I.e. if it was the first hook, and you unhooked them yourself, it would stay first hook for the next hooking. Their struggle phase would be refreshed.
Naturally this is to prevent someone unlocking and rehooking 3 times to sacrifice faster.

Edit: These rehooks do not go towards advancing perks, and they're limited to 1 to 2 unhooks per game. 
Post edited by Rebel_Raven on

Comments

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

@Rebel_Raven said:
    What do you think about the ability for killers to unhook a survivor into being carried again?

It would reset the hook phase they are in when originally hooked previously, though.
    I.e. if it was the first hook, and you unhooked them yourself, it would stay first hook for the next hooking. Their struggle phase would be refreshed.
    Naturally this is to prevent someone unlocking and rehooking 3 times to sacrifice faster.

I mean like, m a y b e, but what would this be helpful for? You could just loop them on and off the hook and keep the game hostage.

• Rebel_Raven
    edited October 2018

@Rebel_Raven said:

I mean like, m a y b e, but what would this be helpful for? You could just loop them on and off the hook and keep the game hostage.

Getting people to event hooks, getting people to the sex dungeon... I mean basement, letting someone go, screwing with hook rushers, messing with hook farmers, stopping hatch plays, I'm sure people can find uses for it. Probably ones I wouldn't think of.

To prevent holding the game hostage, maybe limit it to 1 or 2 consecutive killer unhooks?
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    edited October 2018

Im sure it would turn into a frustrating meme somehow

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Rebel_Raven said:

they couldn't do that, it would make devour hope and huntress lullaby op since they could just hook the same survivor a bunch of times or keep tracking people with bbq.

• Rebel_Raven
    edited October 2018

@akbays35 said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

they couldn't do that, it would make devour hope and huntress lullaby op since they could just hook the same survivor a bunch of times or keep tracking people with bbq.

What if the hooking the survivor after the killer unhooked didn't impact perks due to a cool down and were limited to about 1 or 2 consecutive killer unhooks?

And keeping track of people with BBQ wouldn't work well, I'd say. You hook someone, you see other survivors for 4 seconds. That means 4 seconds of carrying a struggling survivor around and being limited to your basic attack. You'd be slowed because of carrying, and from the struggling.
    Worst it would realistically do is give the killer the bonus BP stacks.

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    This would allow killers to hop scotch hook to hook all the way to the basement.

This would allow killers to hold the game hostage. 

No thanks
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Rebel_Raven said:

@akbays35 said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

What if the hooking the survivor after the killer unhooked didn't impact perks due to a cool down and were limited to about 1 or 2 consecutive killer unhooks?

And keeping track of people with BBQ wouldn't work well, I'd say. You hook someone, you see other survivors for 4 seconds. That means 4 seconds of carrying a struggling survivor around and being limited to your basic attack. You'd be slowed because of carrying, and from the struggling.
    Worst it would realistically do is give the killer the bonus BP stacks.

idk that would cause more problems for what I would see as just memeing and holding the game hostage, the devs would have to program too many dynamic changes to the hook and for what end? Why would you want to keep unhooking and hooking the same survivor for no progress than to just waste time?

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

As Killer, I would slug the 3rd Survivor while I went and searched for the last.

If I couldn't find the last Survivor after 4 mins, and the slugged Survivor is about to bleed out, I'll just hook them so I have more time to look for the last Survivor (easier if I have BBQ, as I haven't unhooked them yet so BBQ's aura-read still procs).

If I don't see their aura, I can spend some more time looking for the last Survivor, before coming back to the hook, unhooking the Survivor, and then re-hooking the Survivor to reset the sacrifice progress. Now I have more time to look for the last Survivor.

It gives the Killer too much ability to take the match hostage and deny hatch.

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    mm if i could do that, i would've mori'd my obsession that one time, cuz at the time I didn't know how to drop and I forgot I had rancor
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Rebel_Raven said:

Edit: These rehooks do not go towards advancing perks, and they're limited to 1 to 2 unhooks per game. 

I dont see why such a feature would be a good thing. It only gives more ways to troll and keep someone hostage Id say

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187
    akbays35 said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

How would DH become OP??? You have to be 24 Meters away 🤦‍♂️
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I would kinda want this just because, as a survivor main, it disappoints me when I play killer and leave a hook so the guy can be saved only for no one to save the poor dude and he dies on first hook. It's like I'm not gonna camp the guy, I might come back to the hook but I won't tunnel them unless I have to. JUST SAVE HIM! Sometimes I sit across the map and watch the guy saying "someone save him, someone save him, please someone save him". If you are a survivor in my game and don't save that guy I'm going to go around and spank all of you for being bad survivors.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

The only way this could be appropriate really is if once they're hooked you could click say M2 on pc to unhook but then they'd be free to leave. So if for instance you hooked them to bait out that toxic player who instead dc's you could unhook the good person and let them live.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Rebel_Raven 

letting someone go
    HERESY!
  • LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Hmm...no

• Deebo
    Deebo Member Posts: 16

@Rebel_Raven said:
    MyNamePete said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

Getting people to event hooks, getting people to the sex dungeon... I mean basement, letting someone go, screwing with hook rushers, messing with hook farmers, stopping hatch plays, I'm sure people can find uses for it. Probably ones I wouldn't think of.

To prevent holding the game hostage, maybe limit it to 1 or 2 consecutive killer unhooks?

Why would you want to stop a hatch play though?

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    edited January 2019

I can only see one use for this being a friendly killer
    -You are on last survivor and someones on the hook. The survivor is waiting being hatch selfish, so you want to be nice killer take off hook the one not getting rescued.

• When someone gets hooked and friend dc on them and feel bad for hooking them cause wouldn't have hooked them if knew this was there fate.
    • Someone is looping the hook with you as killer then you down that survivor and decide you go free and you become the hooked one. Cause wasn't helping your friend at all just helping killer hook patrol.
      I know some say this is useless because from game standpoint have nothing to actually gain. But i would just love mechanic cause i like being friendly killer.(From time to time) Plus it be easier to communicate im friendly if i hooked them and took them off. Sometimes as doctor smacking the gen with them on shoulder 3 times doesn't communicate allowing to do gens so hatch escape is possible specially if you mori alot of other survivors.
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

@Deebo said:

@Rebel_Raven said:
    MyNamePete said:

@Rebel_Raven said:

Why would you want to stop a hatch play though?

So you can kill the last Survivor. I mean, your objective is to kill all four Survivors.

• Nipex
    Nipex Member Posts: 8

Please tell me what would that be good for? Sorry but that is just mori on a hook. Jees

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    So you can hook then unhook, hook then unhook and then...

Hook again.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmno.

• Eletrikk
    Eletrikk Member Posts: 16

Great for moris :)