Sorry but it's just facts. Survivors always have something to cry about

First it was original ruin

Then it was Pop

Then it was ruin plus undying

Then it was dead man switch plus pain Resonance

Then it was merciless storm

Then it was dead man switch plus pain Resonance in a weaker Version

And now it's the kick gen perks but mostly Eruption

Stop crying about any perk that get's used a bit more often because it's the strongest right now

Same for killers who cry about every survivor perk that is meta

Comments

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334

You forgot Forever Freddy. 🤣

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I feel like is arguing against rebalancing more people having a problem with eruption. Which like every live service Multiplayer game buff and nerf things all the time so this thread makes no sense lol.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 420

When theres no counter play on the killer side i.e., locker saves devs fix it yet when theres no counter play on the survivor side (having no clue when a solo queue surv is going to get downed) then it's ok?

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

I've experienced both and Dead Hard generates a very similar feeling to what eruption creates. Except eruption doesn't force me to chase and mind game someone for that additional 30 seconds.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,436

Yeah, for a perk that's apparently easily counterable and perfectly fine it sure does have a lot of hardcore defenders and people across social media upset that it's being nerfed. I mean, I too feel like fighting on behalf of apparent mediocre perks to be a valuable use of my time. Oh wait, I don't, because no one spends valuable time defending actual mediocre perks.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,899

Honestly the whole complaining about pain reso and dead mans was just not logical. You literally see the aura of a survivor before they are considered "hooked" by the game. Like sure they lose the aura after they get picked up but you know the general location to it and as soon as you see them get flung off the killers shoulder you let go.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 666

Which is why Fearmonger is a slept on part of the PR+DMS combo. Not only do you cuck exhaustion perks, you force survivors to let go shortly after a down.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I was actually watching DbD league and I was shocked to see comp squads in the GRAND FINALS getting hit with Eruption.

The special skill checks are ass on previous generation consoles.

There was also an issue with its interaction with pain res, were you could get the skill checks for a long time. Nothing really that couldn't be fixed with simple straightforward logic, or not changed at all even. But then, enter BHVR.

The problem was not pain res. The problem has always been DMS on a handful of killers specifically who can push survivors off multiple gens in a matter of seconds.

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Most of the survivors want easy games. They want to finish all the generators and then mess around when the game is over. That's not very fun for the killer.

• EmazingOmega
    EmazingOmega Member Posts: 4

You literally can’t play against Eruption. SWF or not. Even in a chat you can’t accurately call out and expect ppl to react fast enough. I doubt even Pro players can do that.

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 384

Pain Resonance is strong because it can tell the killer which generator affected by it. but after mid chapter rework, Pain Resonance is fine now even if combo with Fearmonger or Deadman Switch.

sorry for broken english

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 384

what i mean, if killer know which generator affected by Pain Resonance, he will come to the generator and the survivor will be forced to let go of the generator and it triggers DeadMan Switch.

i think that the reason Pain Resonance + DeadMan Switch is strong before midchapter

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,304
  • WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

The only argument AGAINST Eruption is "Incapacitation is boring so get rid of it".

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 524
    edited January 2023

the eruption literally regresses only 5% it takes the killer 2 seconds to kick the generator during that time the survivors do 8% of the other generators so that 8% is just compensation for the killer kicking the generator, after which the generator regresses by 5% in 20 seconds, with taking into account the fact that the minimum chase time is 30 seconds, then the eruption is even weak ( just so you understand 1 dh wins at least 45% for generators)

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

What do you mean DH used to be unhealthy for the game?

It is wasting just as much time as it did before. Good players are using it with almost the same frequency they did before.

Eruption needs to be changed not nerfed. Add a new generator status where the generator cannot be interacted with by anyone. The generator regresses at a hyper increased rate and nobody can stop it.

This way the survivor can either stand idle waiting 30+ seconds for that status to end, heal, do a totem or run to a different generator.

Eruption can then work equally well on swf and solo players. It can still be a strong perk for killers and not be crippling to play against.

• Riski
    Riski Member Posts: 208

Personal take I guess but that sounds more enjoyable than sitting around for 25 seconds doing nothing. Neither are great at the moment though.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Old DH had no counter. Current DH does so it is no longer problematic imo. As for Eruption I've made my suggestion as to what to do with it before but I'll repeat it here. Increase the regression to 15% and block the gen for 25 seconds. You have almost the exact same amount of regression that way without the incapacitated effect which is the actual problem.

• Rootlo
    Rootlo Member Posts: 82

I can count on one hand how many times ive been affected by eruption. I get cheesed by dead hard multiple times every match as killer.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    edited January 2023

Your hand must have a lot of fingers on it then lol. In all seriousness, yes, dead hard sees a LOT of use. But it doesn't give as much of an advantage as eruption. And it doesn't mean it's broken.

And it's kind of necessary for survs to run some kind of exhaustion perk because they need to be able to extend chases. You won't find many, if any survivors who don't run either: DH, lithe, balanced landing, sprint burst or maybe head on at a stretch.

Do I run dead hard pretty much every match? Yes. Does it help me every match? No. It's easy to bait out and hard to time. Eruption on the other hand, easy to trigger and serious value. unless it's an extremely well coordinated swf then it's almost impossible to avoid the incapacitation without just not doing the gen which essentially leads to the same result.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475
    edited January 2023

Eruption isn't necessarily OP, it's effect is strong don't get me wrong, but the main issue with it is that there just isn't any realistic counterplay for survivors who aren't all on comms.

Even now with the updated HUD where you can see if someone is injured and in chase, you can't tell survivors "just don't do gens when someone is injured and in chase" because that takes away far too much time on gens. Someone injured could still run the killer for ages, especially with Dead Hard being such a popular perk. Conversely someone injured could go down in three seconds, you have no way of knowing, and that's the problem.

• LooeDbD
    LooeDbD Member Posts: 163

good bait

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,291

Well, that, and the fact that the status effect it inflicts is literally just 'quit playing' for, what is it, 25 seconds?

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

BHVR should adapt what most arena mmo's are doing: identify the 5 most popular perks on both side and nerf them by mostly tweaking the numbers and buff the 5 least played perks. Monitor for gross gamebreaking stuff, but otherwise let everything stick. Rinse and repeat every month, while ignoring last month changed perks in the process which perks to buff/nerf next.

Then you get a fluid and changing meta with the player base constantly evaluating what's strong now and finding new and interesting ways to use what they got.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Not everything gets to have "counterplay". And this fact this perk has it at all is more than a lot of perks offer. You have options. You just don't like them.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I dont think guarantee 40sec of losing Gen is a good way to change. Eruption is in a weird place to balance.

• Time to setup
    • Gaps of time the perk save is huge

The risk of lot of time to setup + risk of time saved is little (against Swf) is why the perk may save 1 Gen on a single down (sadly only affect Solo)

Like if you spend 10 hours to drive and 100$ buying Lotto, with the risk that you get nothing, or 100.000$ (how the perk currently is)

Compare to you spend 10 hours to drive and 100$ buying Lotto, that you know you will get 50.000$ everytime (how you suggest the perk)

The perk would be still madly strong.

Consider PainRes + Deadman combo is strong, that requires Fearmonger so Survivors cant see if teammate being carried to hook. That takes 3 perks slot and still leave alot of ways to counter. Eruption is a single perk, equally strong that can combo with others to make it even stronger.

Or compare to Grim Embrace. Requires 4 unique hooks to get 40sec stall. If you makes Eruption block all Gens on a down, its already far stronger than Grim Embrace, and this is not mention that Eruption works multiple times in a match.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

Thats exactly the point. The killers that are coping saying Eruption is okay are the same the survivors saying skill issue over E for distance. The entitlement shifts but NO ONE want to talk about it

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,238

The difference between eruption and dead hard is that survivors will be fine when dead hard gets nerfed. The survivors who are good enough to hit perfect dead hards will still destroy with sprint burst. I predict that people will immediately start crying about the other exhaustion perks once dead hard gets nerfed. Some killers on the other hand are awful and get hard carried by eruption. People know they're going to get exposed when it gets nerfed. It's like the below average survivors crying about losing old dead hard all over again. I can only speak from my experience but there are far more people who crutch on eruption than dead hard. Dead Hard at least requires some degree of skill to pull off consistently. Compare that to a brain dead perk where you kick gens for 30 minutes until all the resources on the map are gone.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited January 2023

You forgot Thana and Overcharge.

But...eh. Eruption isn't too strong. But it's very annoying for solos. It doesn't need a nerf, but it does need a tweak.

If they do decide to give it the Ruin or Thana treatment, I'm throwing bones.

Ugh.

Okay.

If a perk has complete, 100% reliable counterplay then that's a useless perk. And I trust this isn't one of the numerous 'nah who cares about killer players, just delete a perk so anyone that bought that killer just has two for him now' posts so...here's how I'm finding Eruption.

• I run Empathy baseline, and I can...generally dodge Eruption about 40%- 50% of the time.
    • Other people, from what I'm seeing, aren't even trying to dodge it. They're greeding 100% and getting clouted.
    • Yes, it gets value. Are you saying it...shouldn't get value? Wouldn't that be a pointless perk?
    Post edited by StarLost on
  • Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164
    edited January 2023

The Sprint Burst/Lithe thing has been predicted hundreds, if not thousands of times in the pre-patch 6.1 circus, but it never came to fruition. For a short time in history, we enjoyed a time were there was a colorful mixed bag of exhaustion perks and everything was seen in game. People went wild with all kinda builds and it was an exciting and fun time.

Sure, intelligent usage of Sprint Burst can be pretty annoying, but it's nowhere in the same heartsinking, confidence destroying and fun-sucking ballpark that is DHs favorite hunt. SB and Lithe happen at the start of a chase or even before one happens and the killer can decide if its worth their time to commit or look somewhere else, whereas DH literally happens in the 14 frames before your triumph after a long and arduous chase, taking it all away. 

There will always be singular peeps who get so destroyed be SB that they come crying, but that's just whiny loosers tat you always have on both sides. But if you honestly think that a so-called Sprint Burst meta could be anything 1/4 as obnoxious as DH, then you need a reality check.

An intelligent use of Sprint Burst is just irritating, while an honest to God 99ed Sprint Burst mid-chase gives you pause and grudgingly respect that survivor. Compare that to mindlessly looping a piece of junk 3 times, just to press E and do it all again or move away. Riviting gameplay and the hight of tactical acumen, right?

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 524

same, I always have respect for people with 99% sprint, this person wisely used his actions, guessed the moment and played from the perk, while dh is press e if the killer uses m2 or swings m1 congratulations you won

• Ike_1046
    Ike_1046 Member Posts: 6

What makes me more mad about killers using the current meta so much is that I don't use meta perks as a survivor. Everyone's goal is always to win and doesn't care how they get it especially camping bubbas. Why not try just having fun using different perks to actually challenge yourself?

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

There are two issues with that:

1. BHVR is not proactive at monitoring for any issues, let alone gamebreaking ones, nor at acting upon those issues. We've had broken totem spots both for killers and survivors, perks that were bugged for ages, exploits, spots where survivors couldn't get picked up, afk Pig, afk Pinhead etc. Those are all examples that stayed, or still are in the game for months at hand and sometimes even years.
    2. Some of those perks are blocked behind a paywall. So, that rises a moral hazard issue where dlc perks could get intentionally overtuned on rotation and left as is until that cow is milked dry. The whole Eruption affair comes dangerously close to represent an example of such practice.