If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Can someone explain these double standarts?

Options

Hex: Ruin: Tied to a totem, Weak effect and gets disables on suvivor's death. OK

Any other other more efficient gen related perk: No totem, somewhat to very strong, No penalty on deaths/downs. Oooook?

I feels like devs just racist towards Ruin for some reason.

Comments

• sasnayahdrezka
    sasnayahdrezka Member Posts: 132
    Options

they wanted to move on from ruin and pop. from iron will and self care

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619
    Options
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,212
    Options

Should we buff a character because bad players cant keep up with good players using the same character and using a third party program efficiently?

Currently survivors get buffed because of that. The differwence between solo and swf have nothing to do with ingame mechanics, but skill and voicechat. Yet paradoxically survivor gets buffed to reach the level of 4 survivor plus comms.

"Overperforming" killers get nerfed and weaker killers ( real ingame mechanical differences) dont get buffed to reach nurse's level.

Is delaying a disatvantegous gamestate toxic or acceptable behavior ingame?

99'ing a gate to delay EGC time pressure / Slugging to delay hatch opening.

I think some questionable perk changes arent the biggest problems. They wanted to make ruin worse to make space for other perks, and they succeeded.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

There was a time when killers saw 'kicking a gen' as a horrible, inefficient, waste of time and effort.

Apparently that has become 'nothing' and, for a lot of killers, is even more important than chasing survivors in the current meta.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,061
    Options

It still is a complete waste of time unless you’re using perks to make it worthwhile.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

They didnt want to make a perk that passively applies pressure to be better than perks which force you to work.

I understand the reasoning, but due to totem locations in 90% of the maps, I dont see why it needed a nerf.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

The answer is simple: if one side most of the time loosing and other side most of the time winning, it is logical to give more powerful tools to losing side. Yet still survivor side losing most of the time.

• mr_Beast_Artist
    mr_Beast_Artist Member Posts: 327
    Options

Eruption should be made a corruption, otherwise it is very strong at the moment! Or leave only the explosion with no negative effects on the survivors

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

Ruin wasn't changed because anything about it was overpowered or badly designed, it was changed because people complained about the meta being stale for both sides. To fix that, BHVR needed to both buff underused perks, and nerf the ones that everyone currently used, because if the perks everyone used were just as effective as before nobody would stop using them.

It's not a double standard, it's a case of a very specific goal being in mind with all of the perk changes in 6.1.0.

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426
    Options

It is still a waste if time and effort but you are forced to do it

As long it will be possible to repair a gen in 30 seconds, Killers are forced to bring slowdown and kick gens the whole time

I like that ? Not at all. I'm having fun ? Not at all. I want to try to win ? Yes and i sadly have to run the same perks and kick gens over and over and over