Can't merge Steam and Epic Games account

Hello, I am trying to merge my DBD accounts on Steam and Epic Games but I can't due to an error that says "One or more of your accounts has a newer data version. Please login to the game to update." It says this on both Steam and Epic Games when pressing merge but as said before never had this problem when merging Stadia and that worked perfectly fine. Both games are fully updated and I've played on both accounts, doing the tutorials and playing a few matches. I've even contacted DBD support about this to no avail as they don't know either. I've had no problems merging my Stadia account in the past so not sure why I can't merge Steam and EGS. Has anyone else has this issue and or know of a possible fix or thing I can try? Thanks. I've been thinking of just unlinking accounts. waiting 60 days, then relink and try to merge but I would lose progress and of course have to wait 60 days.

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,212

This is on Windows, right? The only other thing I would suggest is to verify game files on both Steam and EGS, then try again. If you're on Linux, Heroic Launcher just updated yesterday and that might've goofed things up with EGS. You can force the game to update through Heroic Launcher.

• Mahvelous21
    Mahvelous21 Member Posts: 7

Yeah this is on Windows. I did verify the game files and even completely uninstalled and reinstalled the games to make sure and still the same thing. As said before I've contacted support but so far no help as they claim to play a match, spend bloodpoints, verify files, etc. Same thing and still same error. Either keep waiting for BHVR to fix it, or like said unlink my account and relink after 60 days but I just don't want to lose those 60 days of progress and it still may not even work after.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,212

Considering that you've tried all that, there's not much else to check on your end short of trying the process from a different browser or a mobile device. That would eliminate the possibility of something on your PC causing the hang-up. It very well could be on BHVR's end considering we just had a patch this week. I have to re-copy EAC folders every time there's an update because they don't match between the Steam and Epic versions. It's entirely possible something else in the game doesn't match between the stores since the update and it's causing the merge function to error out. I'd give it a week before you un-link.

• xEmpty
    xEmpty Member Posts: 1

Did you find any solution. I'm having the same problem too.