The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Useless "luck" please improve it

Dear developers at the moment, luck is just unnecessary garbage. Please make it more tangible. Jumping off the hook at 4% is unrealistic and only upsets in the end. Yes, there are perks and offerings, but even in this scenario, how many times will you jump 2 times out of 10? I ask you to make it so that luck would be 25% and increase with each hanged survivor by 25%, then the risk will be justified, since the camping maniac is very annoying and the survivors who scored on your salvation are just an exit to the lobby. This is the pain of a solo survivor. Also why doesn't luck affect chests? Why not make it so luck will upgrade an item or even add an upgrade to it.

Please work with this mechanic.

I really liked how you improved the useless bleeding for assassins.

Let's now improve the useless luck for the survivors.

Comments

• MarKrTheDemigod
    MarKrTheDemigod Member Posts: 39

Luck affecting more than self-unhook chance would be a great change. In order to better represent some sort of a "luck" factor I would suggest it to also affect:

- every time a skill check is triggered, a chance that a Great skill check window will be X% bigger

- every time a skill check is triggered, a small chance that the whole skill check window will count as a Great skill check

- chance that a well hit Great skill check will give an extra +1% progression bonus

- a small chance that that a perfectly hit wiggle check will make the killer drop you immediately

- chance that every time a scratch mark should appear, it won't (leaving less consistent path to track you)

Something like that. These chances would be 0% by default and they would increase by perks and offerings - stacking additively.

It would require to make a balance pass on Luck-effecting perks and offerings to make sure that the Luck cannot be stacked too high, or somehow limit the Luck effects. E.g. if "skill check counts as great skill check" is too strong, then the chance to get that one may not be the whole Luck stack but 50% of the stacked Luck.

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619

I would rather scrap Luck as whole. We don't need RNG on top of RNG

• MarKrTheDemigod
    MarKrTheDemigod Member Posts: 39

Or that. But there are perks and offerings that affect this so the perks would need to come up with different effects, offerings too, or they could scrap them. But since they would need to come up with replacements for perks, I think it is more likely they would change Luck or keep it as it is rather than remove it.

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619

That's like 2 garbage perks and 6 copy-pasted offerings. Not big deal really.

• HardhatKrugerer
    HardhatKrugerer Member Posts: 117

I don´t think so that luck should be increased or not. When I get hooked its because I was ineffective while chasing. This 4% is more than enough. Its supposed to be really blessfull to unhook yourself. Not something what will happen most of the time. For killer it would be stressfull as well. There would be even more camping, because killer would rather secure the kill than risk unhooking. And if I´m hooked its really because I made horrible mistake while chasing so luck is something what shouldn´t be on my side because I didn´t earn it. If you would increae luck where increasing luck would be based on how long was chase before you were hooked and more, than I would agree. Luck from Entity should be earned. And If I´m hooked after 10 seconds after the chase start, then I don´t deserve luck at all. I didn´t please Entity. If we would be in these terms of why and when.

• Dinan
    Dinan Member Posts: 33

id say luck is more Niche than Useless, having a SWF with 4 salty lips and slippery meat gives the entire team deliverance. Its good in the right hands.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573

No. No making luck better.

It's a one-sided mechanic as it is, no need to give Survivors even better random chances without any effort.

• Emankcin
    Emankcin Member Posts: 19

As BHVR are killer mains, survivors (stupid name. More like victims) won't get anything in regards to escaping. Luck overall is super counterintuitive. Making it affect the loot in the boxes could help. It could be useful for at least farming rare things. Before whining starts, let me remind you all that to obtain the thing, you gotta ESCAPE with it. This is somewhere around 10-20% chance at best.