Why Cant The Killer See The Hook Count For A Survivor?

Options

No, I mean, think about it.

You can see the Entity Progression of a hooked Survivor, meaning you know when to return back to the hook and Camp to confirm a Hook State/Kill, yet BHVR never removes it because "it encourages camping".

You can see the Bleedout Progression of a Survivor in the Dying State, meaning you can basically just Slug a Survivor to death if you know they are already close to dying from Bleedout Progression.

Yet BHVR makes this odd case where seeing the Hook Count for individual Survivors will encourage Tunneling when it really doesnt. If a Killer is going to tunnel a Survivor out of the game, 99.9% of the time they are counting the Hook Stages anyways, it's not like it will magically change things to have an individual Hook Count for Survivors.

And again, there are other systems and information that Killers have that just encourage other "distasteful" strategies anyways, Im not sure why BHVR makes a special case for Tunneling (or ignores other systems). For me personally, it just makes it more difficult to space out hooks between Survivors so half the time I just accidently get a Survivor out of the match when I dont want to.

Comments