DH, replace the endurance

Options

So, what if you replace the endurance effect of DH by iframes.

This would change some interactions for the perk for both sides:

• Can be used in deep wound so counters tunneling and doesn't get countered by 2 killers that inflict deep wound
  • No longer counts as an hit, this can help survivor or killer depending on the situation (STBF, NOED, mettle of man, WGLF)
  • No speed boost and killer is put in a miss attack cooldown, this just means the perk gives way less distance if the survivor times it right

Basically the goal is to make it like the old DH, but can't be used for distance, getting to pallets or windows.

Just now thinking, i guess this would mean you could use it to dodge slingers gun and traps from trapper with this change.

Idk, i am just trying to suggest simple changes that could be easier to implement while keeping the spirit of the perk.

Just say what you think

Comments

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,255
    Options

That would make it worse in situations where it's already bad and not actually effect situations where it's truly strong

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    edited February 2023
    Options

like Eruption :D

It is enough to add for a perk so that it gives a slowdown after a successful use or works once per game. But even if it works once, this perk will still remain the strongest perk in the game.

• Steakdabait
    Options

if it had a limited about of uses it would never ever be used

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,995
    Options

Isn't... Isn't this just old DH?

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Kinda, just not giving you the dash part of the perk.

I think the problematic part of the perk was the free distance that lets you connect loops, it was the easiest and more effective way to use the perk.

With this change it would make DH keep its function of dodging a killer's hit but not giving you free distance or giving a full 3rd heath state speed boost, making so even if the survivor actually DHs in the open, the killer can catch up quickly if the survivor can't reach safety.

If the iframe window needs to be touched or not with this version that could also be tested.

But i think that maybe making DH more reliable but less game changing could be a direction.

Again makes using DH in loops still good, but makes the perk bad when in the open where a perk like Sprint burst or lithe would be better.

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Isn't that a good place for the perk to be?

Be good in its use, but have weaknesses?

Yes, it would nerf DH in the open, the place where the perk is the weakest. But at least killers don't loose so such distance for one perk ad keeps it strong when used well. But fot being in the open other exhaustion like SB or lithe are better.

It would also nerf tunneling, since you can't hit the BT and not have to think about DH anymore, kinda dumb that the tunneling playstile actually benefited from the DH change, while regular gameplay has to deal with it

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 627
    Options

And I'm not such a hypocrite and will use Eruption again xD

• VaporLion
    VaporLion Member Posts: 386
    Options

Hm i dont know. I already quit playing Dead Hard as it is unreliable due to ping dif and the killer just waiting it out. This change would definetly make it weaker. And i could see this change be good. I just dont see myself using the perk. Id prefer a solution that makes dead hard work consistently.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Just make the speedboost you get from DH be shorter than a second.

• Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243
    edited February 2023
    Options

i think a lot of trapper mains would cry tears of blood if that update ever happened.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Vastly unpopular opinion, but I never really minded the speed boost. The frustrating part of dead hard was feeling like I was robbed out of a hit and having to wait five years to swing.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,132
    Options

i think deadhard should work like this:

you equip the perk

you play the game

you choose to deadhard which activates the shoulder dodge animation and one of two things happen

A. you get hit, you become broken, you become injured if not already, you gain the speed boost, you scream, you bleed, you do not go down, you cause the killer to do the wipe animation as normal, the perk disables, and you can no longer use it during the trial, you are not exhausted, the broken status is removed after a couple of minutes.

B. you do the animation, the killer doesn't hit you, the perk resets and you can do it again after the animation completes.

tell me why it shouldn't work this way?

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,340
    Options

No. Dead hard should be nerfed and buried with the same energy as what happened to eruption. Dead hard should be nerfed so badly that it’s clear to everyone that BHVR wants it dead.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

They had this. Then it was nerfed to what it is now.

Hell no. I never again want to have a game where Trapper's ability is rendered useless with a push of the E button.

• Steakdabait
    Options

I don't think so since that doesn't fix what are the actually problematic parts of DH, which are imo that some killers simply can not play around it in anyway.