Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

“Lobby Shopping”

2»

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

You miss my point. People (both side) telling survivors press Ready means they have to commit a match where they dont know what theyre going to play against. Killer can dodge a match if they see the winning chance isnt on their favor. Because Im sure most survivors would dodge lobby if they know its pre-nerf Eruption Nurse.

I do think the possibility of 4 Ranger and charge/syringe is stupid. Winning by out investments should not be a thing.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

Team has more hours in game than I have in life

Obvious hacker in the lobby

Survivor with awful ping

Obvious troll squads.

Punishment is a bad idea. But people generally just want to use the stick and not the carrot. Problem is the stick never works in this game.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

I dodge Profiles with VAC-Bans and Private Profiles. Too many hackers at the moment again.

If I could see someone is playing on Epic-Games, I would dodge them all.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515

If you have a match making penalty for leaving a lobby, those people will just stop playing.

Its not that hard to figure out why or how it works, move beyond low MMR and face SWF3-4 or really good 2's. The game is so radically different in this state that the killer may as well be playing a totally different game.

And a lot of them do not want to play that game.

The way to really fix your lobby dodge issue is to show up front what sort of game you'll be forced to play, and let the players decide if their time is worth it.

I doubt this is what will be done though.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496

I don't dodge lobbies. I don't care how high the prestige is, I don't care if it's full of ttv's, I don't care if it's all toolboxes, and I certainly don't care if the lobby is all flashlights since I can just equip lightborn, I take my wins with my loses, at the end of the day it's just a game and doesn't really matter too much to me in the grand scheme of things.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145
    edited February 2023

I dodge ttvs and cross platforms. Not trying to deal with hacks and stream sniping accusations.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

I do when there's a player whose name and hours are dodgy, and they seem like someone who might be cheating or using exploits.

Another reason is, depending on my previous games sometimes I just want to chill and do my archives and not get sent to a map by SWF-bully squads with Boil Over and Sabbo-toolboxes :)

• If u enjoy online match,should be avoid anonymous profile player.almost anonymous player use cheat.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I'm usually not even in the lobby i alt tab to watch youtube before the game begins

Lobby dodging just screws with the matchmaking

I saw this suggested on the forums once and i wholeheartedly agree that the game would be better without a lobby.

Just go straight from search match to a match. Sucks that killers won't be able to see items anymore but overall the game would be way healthier

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

I dodge for the same reason i do killer. Ttvs and cross platforms get dodge.

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498

If there is more than 2 flashlights or I got a feeling that it is a premade, usually you can tell by the names (like they are on the same language or have something in common). Also, if more than 1 person got extremely colourful cosmetics.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,410

I dont blame you, but for some reason you make me sick as a Killer. Not sure what it is... Ill think on it.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I see no point in it.

• RainehDaze
    RainehDaze Member Posts: 2,573
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited February 2023

I'll consider backing out of a lobby if I see 4 identical survivors with 4 identical items. I have no way of distinguishing who's who in game.

They could show hook counts to killers, but, even though this would REALLY help nice killers who are playing chill (and thusly, not keeping track of hook counts), it would also slightly help killers tunnel better (the killer who has been chasing Bill all game KNOWS they need to hook Bill 1 more time; seeing that on the hook counter doesn't help them tunnel Bill), and we can't have that...

Post edited by Nos37 on
  • Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    edited February 2023

I'm not interested in sweatfests. The 4 TTV P100 6 second switch RPD lobby can get a 10k hour Nurse or Blight instead. Have fun!

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 512

I have 6000+ hours in this game and I couldn't care less about pipping, I just don't want to play matches at super high stress levels in order to win.

Since I play on the OCE server, I see the same groups of survivors a lot and recognize their swf groups. I tend to dodge if it is a 4 man or they have multiple streamers, because those groups tend to want to show off on the killer, and it ain't fun being ridiculed in front of an audience.

• HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
  • Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,885

Survs absolutely should not be able to see the killer.

Survs are functionally all the same, really. Aside from their items and perks, there is nothing of substance to differentiate how you approach a game. But each killer is different, some wildly different, and being able to gear up for a specific killer would lead to the sweatiest killer meta ever at best, and break the whole game at worst.

It would be no fun for anyone.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,750

The problem is they don't get those 10k hour killers, after a few dodges they are given the next available killer who only has 200hrs. You might end up with an easier match, while they are thrown to the wolves because of the dodging. Not fair either way

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,265
    edited February 2023

The only valid reason to dodge a lobby is if you think someone is a cheater. If you're dodging people because you think they're good just play bots

• The_Horde
    The_Horde Member Posts: 107

Ever since becoming a Bubba main I don't dodge any lobbies.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,885

I dodge groups of TTVs not because they might be good, but because most of the time they turn the match into some kind of clown show for their viewers rather than a legitimate game.

And I think that's a perfectly valid thing to want to avoid.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,437

If i see legacy, i immediately leave. The amount of times i have played against someone with legit legacy vs someone who was an obvious cheater puts it heavily in the favor of the cheater. So i just don't bother and leave.

Outside of that, if i see 4 last second swaps to p100, i will open up task manager and leave. I have no problem playing against that, but only if i can prepare for it. Doing last second swaps is scummy.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited February 2023

I don't see lobby shopping any different then people picking their teammates in a swf.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,575

I rarely dodge lobbies. But sometimes I simply can't be bothered to play against 4 medkits / toolboxes. Very rarely I see survivors that intimidate me in the lobby like P100 Aces. These guys are scary af. Multiple of these guys in the same lobby and I might dodge.

• Digfish
    Digfish Member Posts: 140

Depends on a few things including my mood, my rank, my build and my killer. If I'm playing a killer I'm bad at or if I'm trying to play a fun meme-y build, I more likely to dodge a lobby that I suspect to be a SWF either because of their high prestige, all on comp, matching cosmetics, too many flashlights, etc. I'm usually okay if I think it's just a duo, but anything more than that spoils the fun.

I'm also more likely to dodge if I am one pip away from ranking up, or just while I'm still pipping up in general. Once I hit Iri 1, I don't feel like I have to sweat getting potentially stomped as much.

And if I just had to sweat my ass off against a frustrating 4 SWF, I'm much less likely to want to do that in the next game, so I'm more likely to dodge potential SWFs in that case as well.