Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Today Is the day i’ve uninstalled…

Desteriaa
Desteriaa Member Posts: 118
edited February 2023 in General Discussions

I’ve been playing Survivor more than I have killer recently and It’s been nothing constant toxicity match to match. I get tunnelled out and camped which okay it’s a strategy I guess but getting that every single match when you didn’t do anything toxic is not right. This match I just recently had was the last straw and it really sucks because I actually like this game.. I was going against a demo with a friend of mine he was extremely toxic to me from the start of the match for no reason so I just tried killing myself to just go next and not deal with it but he purposely went out of his way to not hook me and slug me and shake his head and nod at me for no reason and he was only doing this to me specifically because he didn’t do to my friend or my other teammates and I didn’t deserve that because I didn’t teabag or flashlight click or anything. Before anyone says I’m being overdramatic I’m not because the games before that was the exact thing so i’m done.

Post edited by Desteriaa on

Comments

• Desteriaa

Someone literally killed themselves on first hook… The game was over before even it started… I’m not playing a game where the killer is very clearly bullying me specifically… I don’t care about bad manners I wanted to die and go next but nooo he went out of his way to bully me like why would I wanna play that.

• Desteriaa

So being extremely toxic to me for no reason is an effective strategy? and I should just deal with it? Like you said Killers aren’t there for my entertainment and i’m not there for theirs so i’m gonna go into a game and do exactly what he did to me to other killers because “There are no rules”…

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

You should play killer instead, if you are playing Solo, then killer is the only choice you have in this game.

• Desteriaa

It’s very funny how you’re completely ignoring everything I said. He didn’t take it out on the rest of us. He took it out on me specifically My whole reasoning for me killing myself was because he was being toxic before I was even hooked or tried killing myself he just wanted to be an ass to me for no reason. I’m not staying in a game where i’m being bullied.

• Sometimes_Sage
    Sometimes_Sage Member Posts: 144

Dead Hard is strong but extremely unfun to go up against, tunneling is strong but extremly unfun to go up against; between a Dead Hard user and a tunneler neither has any ground to call out the other.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,535

Maybe you come back one day and learn to deal with it or the game might just be not the game for you.

• Desteriaa

This post had nothing to do with deadhard somehow it’s brought i’m talking about the toxicity I just faced that drove me to uninstall not tunneling or camping so seriously your comment is irrelevant.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 561
    edited February 2023

I'm sorry you had to be through that and felt frustrated/sad playing the game. I do think we really need to talk about that*

Not justifying the killer behaviour, but maybe he had a toxic match before and went to give it to someone (which is not right); maybe he thought you were in a SWF, then started playing like this; or maybe you blocked him in a chase.

Anyway, since we can't control another player's behaviour, i advice you to use some anti-tunnel perk (Off The Record, Unbrekable, Decisive Strike), so even if you get tunneled, at least your team can escape

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,226

Definitely, but I can actually do something about it on killer. It's very, very rare that I run into a team that can bully me. It basically has to be an active comp team that I'm not ready for, and even then I'll probably get a 1 or 2k. I can simply end the game at 3-5 gens most of the time if survivors try to bully me. I can't do that on survivor though. Survivors are only as good as their worst teammate in solo queue when a killer is being toxic or sweaty. So it feels much worse.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438
    edited February 2023

You talked about toxicity:

"I’ve been playing Survivor more than I have killer recently and It’s been nothing constant toxicity match to match. I get tunnelled out and camped which okay it’s a strategy I guess but getting that every single match when you didn’t do anything toxic is not right."

And then the very first example of that is "i get tunneled and camped which okay is a strategy but getting that every match is toxic"

I'm saying, it is not toxic, and you probably are making it the best play for the killer to camp and tunnel you. I am trying to help you by suggest ways to discourage killers from doing that, that actually cause them to lose them game if they try to do that. If you are talking about toxic chat or something, i'm all for reporting that. But if you are talking about camping and tunneling, you need to look in the mirror.

• Reinami
    edited February 2023

So you think it would be better to deal with 3 health states than 1? I suppose the other option is to completely ignore the survivor who has dead hard, but the problem is that it is the most used survivor perk by far, and you'd be hard pressed to find a game where at least 2-3 people aren't running it.

You could try outplaying the dead hard, but that basically puts you in a 50/50. Again, better to just tunnel the person out than deal with a 50/50 lf 3 health states.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,011

nice try man....everyone know demo a good boi

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

I do the same. If you join a match and then become a big baby because you got hooked at 30 seconds then i stop hooking you. I knock you down and let you bleed out till last second of life then i hook you.

sometimes ill even carry the player around on my shoulder the whole match if I’m running a carry build.

• Reinami

Right, but if you do it wrong, you now deal with 3 health states. I'm saying that even if only 1 of them works, it is much better to tunnel the person out so they can't use it again. Additionally, it usually pisses off that survivor and they DC or play badly, or the rest of the team acts like seal team 6 and comes to help them with body blocks.

• TheAcidFairy
    TheAcidFairy Member Posts: 14

I mean, if you cant take being 'bullied' in a game, I must tell you, life is 10x harder.

Don't take it so personally. Its just a game.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,328

What are you even on about? Did you read what you yourself wrote? Because you're making zero sense.

What type of utter BS is it to think that killers SHOULD tunnel someone just because they MIGHT run Dead Hard, a perk that is for everyone to use? And how does someone who has just been unhooked have 3 health states??

There is no counter to a hard-tunneler. Most killers hit you instantly off hook, so that diminishes OTR. DS in its current state is an absolute joke of a perk. But to think that the best counter to DH is to tunnel... What has this player-base come to 😅😅😅

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,640
  • Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,328

Again? I responded to you once, and never will again seeing how it's a waste of time. That being said, I'm not reading all that. Bye.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

But if the KILLER tries to nope me out of the game, it's just "strategy..."

Hypocrisy. Got it.

• Reinami

I meant "again" as in, another person who didn't read what i wrote. But way to show that you are really mature here.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I hope you find another game to enjoy and invest your time in.

If i can offer some advice, if you quit playing the game then it's very reccomended you put it out of your mind completely.

Don't visit this forum, don't watch videos, don't look it up, etc...

Trust me, keeping engaged with this toxic community without playing the game will make everytime you return to it a nightmare

Stepping away from the community gives you a chance to love the game again without your mind having been poisoned if you ever decide to pick it back up.

It will also make it easier to shrug off if somebody decides to be mean in your returning games

The responses you got here should be a clear sign i have a point

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Yeah it sucks when you meet killers like that who are probably off the back of their own experience with toxicity

If you’re not having fun it’s for the best that you uninstall

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited February 2023

Killer seemingly deserved all kinds of abuse for running for example NoED for years now so i don't see a real problem here. /S

An eye for an eye....until the world goes blind. 😮‍💨

Post edited by burt0r on