Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Add queue time to popular (OVERPLAYED!) Killers.

2»

Comments

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

this idea has been said before and will never happen

bhvr isnt going to punish people for playing a popular killer.

especially a licensed one, that feels like theyre begging to lose the license

if a killer is popular its because either 1. theyre fun, 2. theyre new, 3. theyre strong, 4. theyre the focus of a tome, or a mix of these (wesker is 1 and 3, knight is 2 and 4 for example). punishing people for playing a killer for any of these reasons promotes not purchasing the rift (harder to complete killer specific challenges with longer queues) or not purchasing the new killer all together.

how often do you see people play Artist? Trickster? God forbid, Twins? Or any of the m1 only killers (Ghostface, Freddy, Myers, Pig, Trapper, Hag)? Rarely, because in the current meta these killers arent fun, rewarding, or strong. Theres no reason to play them when there are killers that can win much easier and dont get punished by perks like coh or dh as often or as hard. If this feature ever gets implemented, it will kill the game

• jinx3d

no we dont.

if every survivor can ban 1 killer from going against, and theres 4 bans per lobby ( one for each survivor), then the top 4 killers will NEVER be played. Kill rates will sink because people are forced to play much weaker killers to just find a game, then get stomped because killers that arent top 4 all suck in comparison

• jinx3d

yes they do

just because you played against a twins/hag who played in a way you dislike doesnt mean the entire playerbase of those killers is like that

especially twins-it takes SO long to hook as twins that there is NO reason to do so when you could keep trying to snowball.

• mr_Beast_Artist
    mr_Beast_Artist Member Posts: 327

If I'm not mistaken, then the bhvr promised that the game cards would not be repeated if it had just been, let them do the same with the killers that after the nurse there would not be another nurse. Here the problem is solved

• jinx3d

maps are different than killers. killers arent just a slightly different area, there are actual people who play killer. they cant punish people for playing a popular killer

• yauniqua
    yauniqua Member Posts: 151
    edited February 2023

Quit putting words in my mouth.

"Punish"

I never never ever said that.

You are all excellent gaslighters.

Just because some players have standards doesn't mean they don't know any better.

Did any of you play L4D2?

That games public system was a nightmare. No point to play, so everyone between Casual & Comp (confogl) played on realism vs groups. Those groups only got games going from 7pm EST to 11pm EST... 4 hour window was the only time you could play VS. However, it was better than any pub match all day.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

ever played world of tanks? or world of warships?

there's a queue classification thingy that shows you how many of each tank/ship are in the queue at the time you join queue.

so like...

what if killers... since they're locked in once queues start anyway... were like that?

idk. just a thought.

i think it would be interesting to see how many little white/black outline meyers and sadako faces would show up compared to nurse and billy or whatever.

• yauniqua

Thank you!

This is what I'm talking about and DbD needs to do this since the devs believe pumping out 4 chapters a year is now necessary 7 years after the games release.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

i don't think it will happen tbh, but... idk. it'd be something to try out in a ptb environment.

though it might cause the survivor pool to start queue dodging more and manipulation of queues in low population servers 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Skill_issue
    Skill_issue Member Posts: 542

I imagine the twins play bonus would be immense

• yauniqua

You are making bad faith arguments when you say that I want players to be punished. I never said that.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,204

As always, the carrot is better than the stick.

Give a BP bonus for playing one of the five least played killers.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

You don't have to say a thing to say a thing. You're not a dummy. You understand subtext and allusion.

If you increase the queue times of killers survivors don't like, not even implicitly, even if it is just a natural occurrence of the system, those player are tacitly being punished. If you give a BP bonus to killers that you like playing against you're punishing those people who like the killers you don't like by leaving them out of that system.

All for what? Because you and people like you should have an influence on who plays what. Why do you think you're special? Why do you think you should get a say in that, even unintentionally? It's the height of entitlement. People can do as they please and you cannot do anything about it. Rightfully so.

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 616

If the other kits didn't suck, you might see more killer variety.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619

Yes, please punish the people that like playing what they like to play because they're not the only ones doing it because you don't want to.

Don't want to play against a specific killer, then pick the killer yourself.

• yauniqua

nice use of italics.

you say i'm not a dummy but then continue a barrage of why i'm a dummy.

there's 39 killers (oh wait, is that survivors?)... BHVR needs to reign in their superfluous roster and bloated DLC.

until then, players like me have a right to request that we eliminate toxic situations that arise out of FLAVOR OF THE MONTH stuff BHVR thinks is important.

not gonna keep repeating myself.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Only if survivors running certain perks get punished with a longer queue time too

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 2023

I'd rather them just add increasing bloodpoint incentives for less played killers. So it would essentially scale the bonus on each killer based on their play rate.

This would increase killer diversity without punishing people for playing what they want. Carrot is better than the stick.

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 367

I guess that killers can get the new map treatment, if you play with a killer, the next match is gonna be with another killer and so

• yauniqua
    edited March 2023

Need to be BP bonuses for Killers not being played in your MMR.

Encourages a variety without PuNiShiNg KiLLeRs