Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Perk ideas

I think everyone who plays this game has a few ideas of perks they think would be perfect for this game... I know I do. Feel free to comment perk ideas as I really want to see people's ideas. Also, who knows, maybe the devs will see them.

Comments

• Doc
    Doc Member Posts: 94

I had an idea where after being in the killers terror radius (and not in a chase) for a certain amount of time, the killers aura is revealed for a certain amount of time. And then for killers I had an idea for a perk that increases your lunge range a certain amount for every whatever seconds you're in a chase.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

@Doc said:
    I had an idea where after being in the killers terror radius (and not in a chase) for a certain amount of time, the killers aura is revealed for a certain amount of time. And then for killers I had an idea for a perk that increases your lunge range a certain amount for every whatever seconds you're in a chase.

That's actually a good idea, especially the killer one, it would be like tokens for the time spent in a chase, and if you swing with a token, the swing is longer, but swinging uses up and token.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    edited June 2018

How about a perk that makes it so when a survivor is unhooked, they run at 150% their normal rate for 3 seconds and leave no scratch marks for 10/15/20 seconds. Causes exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds. Could be called "Leave Me Alone"?

• Beingnoob
    Beingnoob Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2018

I have some ideas for perks well they are only for survivors cz i don't have much experience with killers… but yeah.

(Obsession perk) Sidekick: Your friends will always think of you when they need help. Your aura is revealed to all injured survivors when within 32/64/∞ meters. You also receive an incremental speed bonus to repair, healing and sabotage actions when other survivors are injured: 1 survivor injured grants 1/2/3 % increased speed, 2 survivors injured grants 2/4/6 % increased speed, 3 injured survivors grants 3/6/9 % increased speed. Only if you are the obsession: All killers aura reading abilities do not work on 1/2/all injured survivors as long as they are injured or as long as the obsession is alive.

Level up: When you escape at least a 30 second chase or when you do your first generator/safe unhook (for unhooking and completing a gen should work only once) you gain a Token up to a maximum of 2/3/4 Tokens. You lose a Token if you get hooked. For every token you gain a small buff:
    1st token: Increases all your action speed by 4%
    2nd token: Reduces consumption rate of an Item charge by 8%
    3th token: Increases your luck by 4%
    4th token: Increases you movement speed for 3%

Dead loss: You start the trial injured and the time that takes for others to heal you is 60/50/40% longer. All your action speed is decreased by 12/10/8%. You also gain 5/15/25% more blood points for all your actions. If you die in a trial your team gets an increased action speed in repairing, healing and sabotaging by 2/4/6%.

Collector: This perk gives you an ability to carry 2 items in a trial (you can't bring in 2 items but you can escape with 2 items). There is also a 50/75/100% chance that another box will spawn in a trail (It stacks with offerings but not with multiple perks). (I was thinking if this perk could also give a small bag as a cosmetic so that the killer could see you using it and it would make more sence).

Post edited by Beingnoob on
  • axlehead72
    axlehead72 Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2018

We're in this together: all healing you do to other survivors you also do to yourself. Reduces healing sounds and moans of pain by 50/75/100% for both you and the survivor you're healing while healing them. Also heals other survivors and applies these effects when they're healing the same survivor with you, but it doesn't apply if they're healing you if they don't have this perk.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Take me instead!

When you unhook another survivor, your health state is reduced to injured and their health state is raises to healthy.  No effect if you are already injured.  At rank 2/3, your movement speed is reduced by 50/25% for 5 seconds and the rescued survivor runs at 150% speed for 3 seconds.  This effect occurs regardless of health state.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Dead loss sounds op
  • No_Cluie_Louis

@Baphomett said:
    Take me instead!

When you unhook another survivor, your health state is reduced to injured and their health state is raises to healthy.  No effect if you are already injured.  At rank 2/3, your movement speed is reduced by 50/25% for 5 seconds and the rescued survivor runs at 150% speed for 3 seconds.  This effect occurs regardless of health state.

I really like the idea, but would it really be worth using unless you were SWF. The problem to the perk is there is more cons than pros, when a perk is meant to benefit the survivor. Perhaps say that when you save, you become exposed and slowed rather than injured?

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Exposed would work just as well for the intent and hamper the player less.  Good call!
  • No_Cluie_Louis

@Beingnoob said:
    I have some ideas for perks well they are only for survivors cz i don't have much experience with killers… but yeah.

(Obsession perk) Sidekick: Your friends will always think of you when they need help. Your aura is revealed to all injured survivors when within 32/64/∞ meters. You also receive an incremental speed bonus to repair, healing and sabotage actions when other survivors are injured: 1 survivor injured grants 1/2/3 % increased speed, 2 survivors injured grants 2/4/6 % increased speed, 3 injured survivors grants 3/6/9 % increased speed. Only if you are the obsession: All killers aura reading abilities do not work on 1/2/all injured survivors as long as they are injured or as long as the obsession is alive.

Level up: When you escape at least a 30 second chase you gain a Token up to a maximum of 2/3/4 Tokens. You lose a Token if you get hooked. For every token you gain a small buff:
    1st token: Reduces consumption rate of an Item charge by 9%
    2nd token: Increases your luck by 4%
    3th token: Increases all your action speed by 6%
    4th token: Increases you movement speed for 3%

Dead loss: You start the trial injured and the time that takes for others to heal you is 60/50/40% longer. All your action speed is decreased by 15/12/10%. You also gain 5/15/25% more blood points for all your actions. If you die in a trial your team gets an increased action speed in repairing, healing and sabotaging by 5/5/10%.

Collector: This perk gives you an ability to carry 2 items in a trial (you can't bring in 2 items but you can escape with 2 items). There is also a 50/75/100% chance that another box will spawn in a trail (It stacks with offerings but not with multiple perks). (I was thinking if this perk could also give a small bag as a cosmetic so that the killer could see you using it and it would make more sence).

I really like level up and collector, but i don't think luck item consumption rate should be benefits as they aren't worth it. As for collector, i don't think a cosmetic change would be good, but other than that it's a cool idea.

• No_Cluie_Louis

@axlehead72 said:
    We're in this together: all healing you do to other survivors you also do to yourself. Reduces healing sounds and moans of pain by 50/75/100% for both you and the survivor you're healing while healing them. Also heals other survivors and applies these effects when they're healing the same survivor with you, but it doesn't apply if they're healing you if they don't have this perk.

Really like this idea, but perhaps a little bit too op. I think remove the sound reduction and instead make it so healing you and yourself with this perk causes a 30/25/20% healing speed reduction

• ShadyKillings
    ShadyKillings Member Posts: 3

Last Resort (use by hitting "E") - Madly and without regard for yourself tap into your aura for one last chance at survival you can take yourself off the hook 1 time guaranteed no matter phase one or two, you can no longer heal to healthy gain Exhaustion, blindness and Hindered for 120/90/60 seconds. at rank 3 you no longer blind yourself.

Handy Man (saboteur reversed) - when not using a toolbox gain 1 , 4 , 7% increased gen progression speed when a tool box is in your possession its charges are consumed moderately, moderately, slightly faster but gen progression speed is increased to 14%.

Tender Skin - you're exposed all match and have reduced killer radius detection by 11, 8 , 5 meters but in return gain 4,8,12% haste for all actions and 10,15,20% debuff recovery and 50,75,100% increased blood points for altruistic actions.

• No_Cluie_Louis

@ShadyKillings said:
    Last Resort (use by hitting "E") - Madly and without regard for yourself tap into your aura for one last chance at survival you can take yourself off the hook 1 time guaranteed no matter phase one or two, you can no longer heal to healthy gain Exhaustion, blindness and Hindered for 120/90/60 seconds. at rank 3 you no longer blind yourself.

Handy Man (saboteur reversed) - when not using a toolbox gain 1 , 4 , 7% increased gen progression speed when a tool box is in your possession its charges are consumed moderately, moderately, slightly faster but gen progression speed is increased to 14%.

Tender Skin - you're exposed all match and have reduced killer radius detection by 11, 8 , 5 meters but in return gain 4,8,12% haste for all actions and 10,15,20% debuff recovery and 50,75,100% increased blood points for altruistic actions.

improvement/change ideas:

Last resort - You need to remember that, unless the killer is close camping (in which case the perk would be useless anyway) survivors usually come for the save, meaning the ability wouldn't actually be as useful as you think, meaning all the debuffs aren't required. Perhaps to make it useful in a camping situation when it would be best used as team mates wouldn't want to save you, make it so the perk allows you to get off the hook, and apply enduring for 15 seconds (essentially you rescue yourself with borrowed time). However for the rest of the match you are permanently injured. This would give it 2 main uses: escaping the dungeon on first hook, as you would probably still get caught again but not near the dungeon as borrowed time affect would allow you to get away and the other use would be when the exit gates are open and you're being camped.

Handy man - No offence but i can't imagine myself using the perk personally, so i wouldn't know how to change it.

Tender skin - Really like tender skin, like a different version of no mither. I think they need to buff no mither then bring out a bunch of perks that make you injured at the beginning but provide great benefits, as they could be put in a build where you get 4 benefits but only one negative. Firstly rather than being exposed, make it so you start the trial healed, but once you're injured, you can't be healed, however only the other survivors can see the symbol showing this (this affect should be applied to no mither too). I don't think the terror radius change is needed as it would sound weird and would be too big of a debuff. I like the increase to action speed and it could be paired well with resilience however i think it should be a larger increase and you could remove the other buffs such as debuff recovery. This way you could have lots of different perks that injure you at the start, and all of them buff you in different ways.

Tell me what you think of my ideas

• ShadyKillings
    ShadyKillings Member Posts: 3

@No_Cluie_Louis said:

improvement/change ideas:

Last resort - You need to remember that, unless the killer is close camping (in which case the perk would be useless anyway) survivors usually come for the save, meaning the ability wouldn't actually be as useful as you think, meaning all the debuffs aren't required. Perhaps to make it useful in a camping situation when it would be best used as team mates wouldn't want to save you, make it so the perk allows you to get off the hook, and apply enduring for 15 seconds (essentially you rescue yourself with borrowed time). However for the rest of the match you are permanently injured. This would give it 2 main uses: escaping the dungeon on first hook, as you would probably still get caught again but not near the dungeon as borrowed time affect would allow you to get away and the other use would be when the exit gates are open and you're being camped.

Handy man - No offence but i can't imagine myself using the perk personally, so i wouldn't know how to change it.

Tender skin - Really like tender skin, like a different version of no mither. I think they need to buff no mither then bring out a bunch of perks that make you injured at the beginning but provide great benefits, as they could be put in a build where you get 4 benefits but only one negative. Firstly rather than being exposed, make it so you start the trial healed, but once you're injured, you can't be healed, however only the other survivors can see the symbol showing this (this affect should be applied to no mither too). I don't think the terror radius change is needed as it would sound weird and would be too big of a debuff. I like the increase to action speed and it could be paired well with resilience however i think it should be a larger increase and you could remove the other buffs such as debuff recovery. This way you could have lots of different perks that injure you at the start, and all of them buff you in different ways.

Tell me what you think of my ideas

i actually like the ideas alot i can see what you mean from last resort but i had it with the idea of playing solo sometimes you get stuck with teams who will sacrifice you to gen rush or just dont really know what theyre doing or when to unhook you its just for toxicity / solo purposes but i do like the changes especially the borrowed time one i already think that if you have borrowed time and unhook yourself you should self apply it as for tender skin im glad you enjoyed the idea i like playing around with survivor health unfortunately no mither is too much of a hindrance so playing with it at the moment is far too risky i feel like perks like tender skin should be implemented for risk taking survivors without hurting the gameplay too badly the way no mither does

• Błaźe
    Błaźe Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2018

Removal of AOE buff of Vigil and doubling the percentage?
    Edit: Percentage from 20% to 40%

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Shouldn't this thread be in Fan Creations?
  • MrsJukes
    MrsJukes Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2023

Super embarassing, but I actually quoted someone in this thread without realising it was a 5 year old thread. x3

• tristenbennett381
    tristenbennett381 Member Posts: 117

Perk: Ruthless Combatant

Activate this perk at the same time as the Endgame collapse to stab the entity with a wood shank as it clasps its spider like tendrils around your body, in agony The Entity will release you causing the Endgame collapse to be extended by 25/30/35 seconds, this perk only saves you exclusively, other survivors will still get sacrificed to The Entity.