Why do survivors ragequit on knight?

Options

Hes a weak killer and they disconnect or hook suicide whats the point if u play this game?

Comments

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,998
    Options

This sounds like it could be applied to almost any killer

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,081
    Options

Boring to fight, bad reputation for camping and stalling 3 gen strategies that makes the game last for way too long

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,276
    Options

Probably because he can hookcamp

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    edited March 2023
    Options

his power is uninteresting / opressive / best 3 gen killer / and one of the best campers for abusing PR+DS+Mindbreaker , u can force tradehooks over and over on a scourge hook while also defending gens at the same time , only when there is not a single reassurance on the team.

I wouldnt disconnect BUT am gonna be yelling UGHHHHH everytime i start chase with any knight (hold W gameplay goes BRRRR)

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Why indeed? For no reason and any reason, really.

I mean I have had a significant number of players DC or suicide while I'm playing pig with no slowdown at all.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,197
    Options

Because everyone plays him the same way every single time? Camp-tunnel-camp-tunnel...zzzzzzz 😴💀

I'd rather get face-camped by Bubba, in basement, or on the moon, or where ever, at least he isn't as annoying uhg!

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,126
    Options

Survivors DC when the game isn't going in their favor.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,202
    Options

He definetely is not weak his power has less counters than nurse has. Only counter for him is holding W until he or quard hits you. But why nurse is stronger because she requires skill to use and can travel around map fast. Knight only weakness is that he is slow.

• ironblade
    ironblade Member Posts: 270
    Options

People saying he's not weak clearly never played Knight against good solo or swf.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,860
    Options

Which means they are going to lose so the outcome did not change

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982
    Options

Survivors DC for all kinds of reasons, many of them incredibly petty. I've seen loads of survivors DC on their first down, despite the fact that their team is winning.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Try playing as Knight against a hold w squad. As Mr T would say ..... Pain.

If they don't hold W, you can wipe teams out with him.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,260
    Options

most of the time eating even a 30 minute dc pen against knight will result in less time wasted than if you were to actually play out the match. Also he's one of if not the most uninteractive killers in the game

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,126
    Options

Not always. I've seen 3 survivors get down to 1 gen and lose. If the 4th just tried then some would of made it out.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

most stall the game out for 40 minutes

• Mechanix82
    Mechanix82 Member Posts: 184
    Options

He has no counterplay and takes away the only thing survivors have to defend themselves.

• wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,132
    Options

because most survivors are babies that can't handle the stress of trying to survive.

if it's not an easy game they want out because they're addicted to the grind and if you selfishly prevent them from doing gens and getting a double pip with 40k bloodpoints then they won't like you and leave.

of course they'll say they were being tunnelled, camped, or cry wolf some other way, but at the end of the trial it's all just another excuse to lobby hop looking for an easy win.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

He's strong at 3 gen-ing, can camp hooks/gens with guards, has no counterplay at loops besides leaving (which doesn't help because you'll most likely get detected by his guards anyway), and he's very uninteractive.

Just an overall unfun and boring killer to face.

• SOULWARRIOR71K
    SOULWARRIOR71K Member Posts: 438
    Options

I don’t know where the lie that the knight is weak came from. Unless you are extremely coordinated, most games will be lost to face camping and/or 3 gen. Even when you beat a knight, the game tends to be long and boring af.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 451
    Options

You have to stay in the middle of the map to prevent being cornered as he can just drop a guard u get hit then keep you there until another comes.

Leaving him at the centre of the map allows him to easily hold whatever 3 gen.

The banner/flag should be replaced with 5% haste rather.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,215
    Options

Survivors disconnect on anything.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

i don't ragequit on any killer, but i think the reason people do it is that he's extremely boring to play against. get to a loop, he drops his power, forced to leave the loop and hold w, get to another loop, repeat. more experienced players in particular like games where they have a lot of options; knight just erases tiles and leaves one option

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366
    Options

They DC to guarantee his win and amplify his win % so they outcry later when stats are revealed (and he is high) so they can call for a Nerf and demand he get changed because he is strong, oppressive, unfair to Solo or whatever BS reason sounds good enough to gut him.

They’ve done it to a fair few Killers and why stop? Winning strategy is winning~

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Survivors only like to play against killers they can loop and teabag for 5 gens

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,417
    Options

Yesterday, I had an Ada DC against me as Trapper because I yoinked her off a totem.

The vast majority of dc's I get make no sense whatsoever.

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    Options

I really hate the gameplay mechanic of "Oh you're at a loop? You're going to get hit for that." Where he drops his guard and it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. With most killers you have the chance to dodge, or think around their power. Sure sometimes you get hit, and sometimes you don't. But when you get hit it feels earned, when you get away it also feels earned.

With Knight it's just. "Oh guard is coming out and he's only going 5 meters with it." Which means he's back in his body basically instantly. Even if I manage to dodge the guard, he's still going to hit me.

There's also the camp that others talked about. Even if I escape it still wasn't a super fun experience. I hate Knight. Sure I won't rage quit but I do appreciate when others do because I can move onto the next game faster.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,287
    Options

Knight is definitely not a weak killer. As far the DC's idk, probably 3 gen camp boring playstyle. No one wants to be in the 20+ mins game.

• CheesyGuy
    CheesyGuy Member Posts: 399
    Options

He can 3 gen oppressive and stall the game. There are knights that can do it but other than that, I think he is a fine killer. Yeah, you can not stall the loop, so go to another loop. Most of the maps are pretty safe and if you leave one loop there is always another one close to it which is safe and Knight has to wait for his power. I hate the Knight players which protect the 3 gen at the start but other than that if survivors left the 3 gen to a killer like that, I have to say sorry but it was coming to them.

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436
    Options

Ahhh here come all the killer mains and their mental gymnastics.

The most precious thing in the world is free time, can you really blame people for not wanting to spend 30 minutes in a match just so a sweaty try hard who thinks he is in the DBD World Championships gets his 4k?

Boring. Stale.

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

Because they don't want to play ''try to break the 3 gen'' for half an hour