Dredge needs nerfed

When are we going to adress the fact that dredge is busted. He can traverse the map with his locker teleport and sometimes even use it mid chase. THEN he can put his other teleport down on loops to easily teleport too and get easy downs. Lastly, he can make the whole map dark for the survivor…. His kit just seems so packed with power and i feel like cuz he’s not picked much people don’t acknowledge it

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,409

Lockers are the worst thing to be able to teleport to imo.

Gen teleports (Sadako/Freddy) are much better just because you are guaranteed to be near the thing you need to defend. Then you have nurse whose teleport allows them to ignore 99% of the map. Or hag who can set up the zone to defend and can guarantee herself good places to teleport to.

Lockers are map dependent. Swamp maps don't have many locker spawns vs Midwich where lockers are basically everywhere.

• BougieBlackChick
    BougieBlackChick Member Posts: 316

Yup. Nightfall is way way too dark. That needs to be fixed, otherwise I don’t have a problem with dredge. I think he’s a legit scary killer and can be fun/scary to verse especially when you’re going against a skilled player.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Dredge is fine. Their anti-loop is pretty weak and easy to read. It's easy to detect them during the darkness, just listen for sound cues. Their only real strength is their teleportation, which you only get 4 tokens. Transversing to lockers is super slow out of Nightfall, making it barely useful in a chase unless a survivor is super close to a locker. Even then, their next move will be easily readable in that situation, even during Nightfall.

Just because a killer has multiple abilities doesn't mean they're overpowered.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

The blob isn't op but christ is it annoying to face. Easily my most hated killer.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Only the nightfall that need "fog" to cover the view range instead of being too dark. Thats all the nerf needed.

• NerfBoilOver
    NerfBoilOver Member Posts: 19

Yall all die ro every killer so you don’t see a difference, makes sense!!

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,188
    edited March 2023

I would also like to point out how people with vision impairments are negatively impacted during nightfall, on some maps I literally cannot see anything because all the colors just blend together. So handling nightfall does not necessarily depend upon skill since some people cannot inherently handle it to begin with.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Pretty sure most people would be closer to buffing Dredge than nerfing him. He does a lot of things just averagely. He’s not even played that much.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,489
  • wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,145

I’d like to point out how players with learning deficiencies and a lack of hands struggle to play the game also.

• tristenbennett381
    tristenbennett381 Member Posts: 117

Imo the maps aren’t dark enough during nightfall

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,242

Does Dredge have a significantly higher kill rate than other killers?

BHVR have this information, and if so, can nerf him.

If not, maybe you're speaking out of your proverbial?

• Snowflake_Syndrome
    Snowflake_Syndrome Member Posts: 239

Agreed with this. If Nightfall were any more brightened it would be completely useless.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Yeah ignore the strong killers nerf Dredge instead lol

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Not to mention...LOCK LOCKERS....not all of them just one in a group and Dredge WILL to to the locked one....I don't know how many times I either see other survivors lock everything or nothing at all....

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

Yeah the Killer that has a Low Userate on High Rank needs to be nerfed so we See more Nurse and Blight 🤷‍♀️

As a Dredge Main i can say against a Good Squad he is weak and its Really hard to do something there is a reason why many pro gamers but him in B Tier if u know how to counter his Anti loop he is just a M1 Killer

His Anti loop is easy to Read, his teleport is slow outside of Nightfall and most Time u cant use it mid chase also his teleport is very Map depend sometimes u have Really awful Locker Spots also u can Counter his teleport by closing the lockers

For me and alot ppl he is 1 of the balanced killer in the Game i dont Think he Needs buffs or something

Im pretty Sure u was playing ur First Time against a decent Dredge and lose and now u Instant Cry 4 nerfs 🤷‍♀️

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

If they're so op, then play them in high mmr

• Davinki
    Davinki Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 13

No I’m sorry this killer is bull and discriminatory I have eyesight problems can play the game perfectly despite being colourblind and wear glasses but only with this killer I can’t see nothing and really hinders gameplay I feel bad for any gamers with worse eyesight than me playing against this killer dumb design

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,921

If you go down to DREDGE anti loop then idk what to say other than skill issue. He literally moves slower while charging power so its just a free W hold unless you zone yourself.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 547

You forgot Cube teleport: you can teleport to wherever the survivor wants you to. :]

• kin
    kin Member Posts: 552

His teleport is the slowest teleport of all and the most situational, because it is limited to certain places whose location does not depend on it.

His antelope is absolutely useless against shift+w, as is the teleport to the cabinets, which is again temporary and notifies that he is passing through (the locker doors fluctuate a little when he passes through. Didn't know this fact and don't look at it? NOT A KILLER PROBLEM now you know.) which allows the survivor to quickly run in the opposite direction (which most often will happen)

That is, we get a standard shift+w killer like xenomorph, nemesis and others in pursuit with the worst teleport

Yes, there is a night that is extremely unpleasant. BUT IT IS DESIGNED TO BE EXTREMELY UNPLEASANT

• Davinki
    Davinki Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 13

Not to mention this killer is bull and discriminatory I have eyesight problems can play the game perfectly despite being colourblind and wear glasses but only with this killer I can’t see nothing and really hinders gameplay I feel bad for any gamers with worse eyesight than me playing against this killer dumb design he has one to many powers and night fall is discriminatory to eyesight handicapped players

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited October 2023

Edit: Oops old thread, already replied.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 966

“Dredge Is OP”.

Nurse and Blight Players: Am I a joke to you? 🧍‍♀️

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,048

Say what you want... this thread is a very entertaining read...

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,365

Nightfall acts as a Dredge buff rather than just blinding everyone. Even if they adjusted the visual aspect, it affecting the killer teleport is still a positive thing. Maybe they could buff the time between nightfalls in exchange for not causing survivors to be unable to see anything. Give more super dredge time, ya know?

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,449

I mean you can tp around the map as much as you want, if I can see you while in nightfall you aint gonna surprise anyone, me and my team can just pre-run and waste as much time as posible.

Also if this change happened you should take off the undetectable from nightfall since it would be useless like it was on PTB dredge.

On top of that if nightfall only did add onto speed then just run boat key then, thr mrchanic would have no more use than a good addon would.

• okaayletsgoo
    okaayletsgoo Member Posts: 153

Tbh I used to think Dredge was busted on release but when you learn how to counter (no perks needed) then it's not that bad. Watch for the teleport then 180 and back track. My only complaint is darkness as it makes playing miserable for sure but it's not the worst thing ever.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,341

Dredge is fine

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 246

When are we going to see a post that a survivor doesn't ask for a,killer to be nerfd?

But Dredge? Really?

It's Blight. It's nurse. It's spirit. It's wesker. It's skull merchant. It's alien. It's Knight.

Nerf nerf nerf.

What do you want a gen repair simulation game?

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528

Wow, Dredge OP.

We really do gotta buff Nurse and MFT.

Don't forget about nerfing no mither and pig!

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,884

Dredge is not OP, and nightfall really isn’t that bad. It has decent counters.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

While i think he is very strong in the right hands, he is probably not overpowered.

• Nightfall does not do that crazy much if you have decent map knowledge.
    • I like his teleport a lot, more killers should have abilitys like that.
    • His anti loop is the only thing i would considere nerfing or rather changing completly. In general, i am against any cheap form of antiloop because they make gameplay very one-dimensional. Artist, Alien and to some extent Dredge and Knight are some examples.
  • AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,110

The darkness from Nightfall can be mildly annoying to very annoying depending on your monitor settings / light conditions, I imagine it really sucks for console players.