Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Remove heat mechanic from Billy

I just want the overheat mechanic removed. I care not for his addons, just the heat mechanic removal.

Comments

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

There's difference between trying to curve and reving for longer (here heat mechanics could be more lenient) and having m2 always ready no mayter what. Also camping billy is a factor and if we don't want to disable m2 near hook, overheat has to stay.

Also it's hard to distinguish between curving case and just infinite prepared m2. So even though I think Billy should get some slight buff, overheat should stay IMO

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496

I think overheating should stay but it should be changed, I once saw someone say it should be changed to where if the chainsaw is overheated you can still use it but it only takes one health state as opposed to insta downing.

Billy has a lot of issues but tbh overheat is a small one, it's only an issue when you're learning the killer. The problems billy faces are kind of unique to him, he's just outdated and the new maps being released are usually not very good for him. And his add-ons are kind of trash, there's some good ones but most are trash.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619

Overheating doesn't affect camping though?

Like seriously, you're overestimating how debilitating that is when Billy doesn't need to constantly rev it.

• patadanaboca007
    patadanaboca007 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2023

I don't think the overheat mechanic is actually that bad, the problem is probably the add-ons really, most of them are absolutely awful

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,258

who is also problem in this regards. And both billy and bubba have 1 counter you can try - make them overheat and then rescue

• TrueGuardian32
    TrueGuardian32 Member Posts: 133

Didn't realize this was getting activity

Was playing multiple games without camping hook and just playing normally. The Overheat mechanic procs and I am forced into a crawl. I am using my chainsaw for both map coverage and to curve over loops.

His addons aren't good, but his overheat is way too punishing on bigger maps. You could be playing normally and the overheat will hit you.

To counter a camping Billy you need to force them to use their power into the hooked survivor or wall. In wide open areas that is problematic, but most of the time you will just face the same issue as any camping killer. Plus billy isn't as bad cause you can trade. Bubba on the other hand will down you and the unhooked survivor.

• tizzi717
    tizzi717 Member Posts: 89

The overheat mechanic is useless to prevent chainsaw camping. If you are smart you just wait for unhook animation and start your chainsaw there. Overheat is a huge nerf not requested from anyone and I don’t understand why bhwr hate so much billy maybe for sell new dlcs . I play mostly survivor but I always love the old billy . It was strong but you can counter him if you play well. The only thing that they should touch was the insta saw combo. But they destroy his entire power. The basekit billy didn’t have nothing wrong

• TrueGuardian32

Agreed. If you look back most of the complaints anyone had was the insta saw addons. It was universally agreed the addons were problematic. Not the killers basekit. They themselves disagreed on the change

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Overheat is for chainsaw Camping (both bubba and billy)

Overheat is for BBQ snowballing on open maps.

What good reason is there to undo these fixes?

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Actually you can trade with bubba too but it's just harder. Only basement or hook over cliff is where you can't save or it's almost imposible. But I've seen some survivors managing trade agains't basement bubba with balanced landing.

• TrueGuardian32

Overheat has never mattered for chainsaw camping on Billy or Bubba.

Why can't you BBQ snowball? Why not? It can be done with any other killer, especially nurse and blight.

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619

Overheat makes sense on Cannibal because, unlike Hillbilly, he can down more than one person with his chainsaw.

It makes no sense on Hillbilly other than they went Hillbilly to suck.

• TrueGuardian32

Huh, new changes on on Billy coming... Reworking the heat? May be more forgiving?

Nerfed Engravings... Ok, why? But more importantly, how much?