Did they just nerf Scream Perks?

Options

This is an odd change, and a pretty significant nerf to perks like Make Your Choice and Dragon's Grip, where knowing which survivor activated the perk is very beneficial.

This doesn't seem like a very good change.

Comments

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 587
    Options

Seems like a buff and nerf but I don't know which outweighs the other. It's a buff in the sense it'll be 3D audio so you can locate the survivor quicker, but it's a nerf in that it's no longer map wide. It feels like a net nerf from reading it, but I'd have to try it out.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

So the scream audio has a 19m range? How about the loud noise notification?

You need to be 24m away for Make Your Choice to trigger so the 19m probably doesn't apply to the loud noise notification.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,096
    Options

Who walks more than 19m away from a gen with Dragon's Grip applied to it?

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185
    Options

I'll have to see what this change means in the game, as maybe it won't affect much. Still, from how it is described, it sounds like a nerf, which would be an incredibly puzzling decision, especially since this was not mentioned/tested on the PTB. 

Oddly enough, Make Your Choice was not triggering screams during the PTB, and while a bug report was made for that issue, and the report was acknowledged, I'm wondering if the whole problem resulted from this change not being documented during the PTB.

• arcticgirl36
    arcticgirl36 Member Posts: 137
    Options

I felt they needed to do something about scream perks. When I play David it just feels so uncharacteristic for him to run around screaming over ever little inconvenience. He is supposed to be so tough he doesn't even flinch at pain, and can even pick him self up from the dying state. It just feels oddly out of character with him screaming randomly here and there.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,912
    Options

I'm assuming the 19m range is just for the scream, not the noise notification?

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

I wish they would stop messing with screams already. They just keep making wrong decisions.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited March 2023
    Options

Does this affect the screams that happen when a survivor puts their foot in a bear trap too?

The most obvious cue that somebody got caught and not just that the trap got disarmed was the scream that followed. Granted you can still see it on the HUD but that's less obvious.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,340
    Options

I think it's just the perks/addons listed, not sure though.

• FFirebrandd
    Options

Probably, but for a lot of those perks, knowing who set it off so you know who's got the debuff is pretty important.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,992
    Options

Kind of a nerf to solo survivors.

A scream halfway across the map won't tell you if the killer is running Make Your Choice or Dragons Grip.

• FFirebrandd
    Options

Hopefully.

But it would be weird to change some screams and not have it be a global change to how screams work. Especially since the notes mention them wanting to make screams consistent. So I'm a bit worried.

If it is global, this'll mess with Doctor pretty bad too.

• Doomzilla
    Doomzilla Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 133
    Options

Again, a trend of giving survivors way too much info and the killer absolutely none. There should be an exposed icon the killer can see on the survivor portraits(as well as some sort of effect over the head of the survivor who is exposed, preferably, but honestly more of a wish). It’s as simple as having one like ghost faces exposed ring. Why rush in such a horrible change?

This also pretty much confirms other perks like deathbound no longer work, either.. Why are they trying to make us hate this chapter?

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

They have this fixation on consistency, which I can see where they're coming from with. But too often they employ a scorched-earth approach when they apply it indiscriminately and to things nobody complained about.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

Screams are now only heard in a small radius of 19m. If I misread I would appreciate a correction.

• Ἥφαιστος
    Ἥφαιστος Member Posts: 100
    edited March 2023
    Options

They ruined the scream perks and they ruined leverage.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I really need to see how this works in game.

The wording is kinda confusing.

Also what a random number is 19m? Why not 20?

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,124
    Options

Presumably, the loud noise notification will still be global, as it always is. I don't think the silhouette is even getting adjusted. It's just the scream outside 19 meter range.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Does the change mean that you no longer get the lingering outline of the survivor when they scream? Just a loud noise notification? If so they've made every perk and addon with that effect considerably worse.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Well, the thread merger at least means someone is reading this. I don't think they'll walk it back though.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,616
    Options

Yep pretty much. It should just be reverted honestly, these changes weren't necessary at all.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,848
    Options

Surprised how they didn't nerf Calm Spirit by removing the ability to not scream

Thats probably the reason why they nerfed screaming altogether

Too many killer mains complained about Calm Spirit being too OP

"A SWF group with 4 Calm Spirit will completely counter my killer/build"

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

What is a “3d scream”?

• daggersnight
    daggersnight Member Posts: 119
    Options

I'm guessing its directional so you can pinpoint the person screaming better?

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

So instead of fixing audio occlusion and survivors being silent while slugged which have been broken for YEARS, they decide to change something literally nobody had a problem with. Lmao.