This game has a serious problem

Options
Desteriaa
Desteriaa Member Posts: 118
edited March 2023 in General Discussions

As a someone who has been playing survivor a little more than killer something has to be done about these cheap tactics that killers love to defend. If you have to tunnel you’re bad and need to get better. If you hold a three gen from the start you are bad, if you camp at 5 gens ur bad. Tunneling and camping are stale strategies and killers do it for easy wins but god forbid a swf gen rushes for "easy wins" Killers are hypocritical and i’m over it. The tunneling and camping is genuinely draining the fun out of games for survivors. I haven’t even mentioned the slugging for the 4k all of this is not fun. Before anyone says "bring anti tunneling perks" The anti tunneling perks we have are trash. Ds is a joke. Otr is useless especially if you’re being tunneled bc of basekit bt once they hit you otr is gone.

Post edited by Desteriaa on

Comments

• Desteriaa
    Options

I just played a game as plague and got a 4k without tunneling and camping. they were a swf so yeah y’all are just bad

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528
    Options

No, I'm sure he got a 4K, he just didn't specify what type of SWF and how the game played out.

I believe that they were a 2 SWF and 2 solos, when the first player went down, the two of them DCed. When he found the third player, he downed them and they killed themselves on hook. The hatch proceeded to spawn under him, and the solo player gave up.

Just my idea of how the intense game played out and how everyone else is just bad.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780
    Options

i play killer slightly more than survivor and i have to agree with u. I think certain tactics and play Styles need to be nerfed across the board. pre dropping, shift w, tunneling, and camping to be specific. These things take little to no skill yet are far more effective than things that actually take skill.

i think survivors need a stamina bar which will effect their speed if fully depleted. Dropping a pallet and running for a long time should drain the bar a decent amount. This will punish pre dropping mainly and shift w a little bit. This will force survivors to micromanage their stamina while looping.

killers needs restrictions by hooks and penalties for being around them to long. Also heavy penalties for hooking the same survivor twice.

• Doomzilla
    Doomzilla Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 133
    Options
  • Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    Options

Yeah killers keep bloodlust and survivor get stamina for movement speed. That has really much to do with skill. When it comes to skill not even bloodlust should be a thing because it's also just a helper.

• Desteriaa
    Options

lol. Thought you had a gotcha moment. I came back because of the new chapter…

• solarjin1
    Options

"tunneling generators" i think u been watching one to many truetalent videos kid.

"What does a killer get for hooking three different players"......the same thing u get from hooking 1 player! pressure.....

comparing tunneling a gen to tunneling out survivor is pretty silly.

• solarjin1
    Options

Survivors will have to think on their feet even more. I feel it will add a much needed degree of difficulty to some of these boring survivor playstyles.

• solarjin1
    Options

well for one! playing around a loop with a short end and a long end. This make it difficult to pre drop and allow the killers to mind game even without anti loop. The long side clearly favor the survivor and short side the killer. In my opinion these type of loops are the best for mind gaming and the most fair. The more skill player will win this loop unless the killer anti loop just force u to leave the area like the artist or knight.

Huntress and Billy take a good amount skill also

• Doomzilla
    Doomzilla Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 133
    Options

I was asking for their specific definition, but I won’t say everything you said is wrong… Except that loops inherently favor the most skilled player(tbf you did mention a specific type of loop, but it still stands considering what loop you specified). As a general concept the killer can only ever react to whatever the survivor does at a loop, so unless the loop favors killer (aka unsafe loop/pallet) it is almost always the failure of the survivor to maintain composure that leads to victory here as the survivor can react to whatever the killer attempts or in worst case, just leave the loop for another (not factoring things like perks and killer powers). Also keeping in mind that as a general, the killer is always meant to be able to eventually catch and down whoever they set their mind to (which is why something like bloodlust even exists)

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,203
    Options

Why? The game and MMR is lit based and balanced on kills and escapes at this point. Gens and kills are the main objectives, BHVR made this clear. As killer i would love to go for 12 hooks every game and still win. But we just don't have enough time against good survs as their objective can be done much quicker. And if we can, they'll still complain about gen defense perks anyway. Also it's not our job to make sure survs have fun. Most of them don't care about killers fun either.

• Veroles
    Veroles Member Posts: 868
    edited March 2023
    Options

Absolutely., bloodlust has a good reason. To make it really "skillful", they need to balance every map for every killer. Beside that, they would need to find a good balance for every MMR also. This is a master challenge, because every wheel you turn, turn also 3 others. After they balanced this, then the perks say "hello", we are also here and on specific maps we can be op. To be honest, the best balance would be: Remove all perks, medkits, toolboxes, flashlights, maps, keys, addons.

Killer just have a basekit of skills, the same with survivors. Then you really could balance this mess "more or less". Does that make much sense? I don't think so...

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

-""tunneling generators" i think u been watching one to many truetalent videos."

I've been saying it long before he ever did.

Both sides tunnel their objective when you consider efficient play. That needs to change for both sides if we are going to change the game. Tunneling for all or for no one.

"What does a killer get for hooking three different players"......the same thing u get from hooking 1 player! pressure....."

No sorry - you're wrong. One player dead means generators can now at most never be worked at 100% speed. Also the game dynamic is immediately changed because if one player is on the hook and another is being chased you have to stop what you are doing to attend to the hook. That is pressure.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 441
    Options

this is a bad take, why is employing strategies to win considered 'bad'? does that mean splittin up on gens and breaking 3 gens makes you bad as well?

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 441
    Options

anyone can 4k in pub matches, that doesnt carry much merit or value unless you run into knightlight

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,454
    Options

There is no logic at all behind your "if you do this you are bad"

Bad killers can tunnel and camp, and the best killers in the game can tunnel and camp. So something is very wrong with your statement.

Usain Bolt is not fast because I don't like his running technique. Ok..

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

What's so bad about realizing that the Killer is going to try everything to kill the survivors

Why are you complaining about Camping and Tunneling when Survivors do the same things

Plus the 1.0-2.2 base Gen progression helps out the "Gen rush" even more then 4 Gen regression builds that start at .25 base Gen regression.... So I don't know why you don't mention that as well...

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419
    edited March 2023
    Options

DBD, one of the only games in the world where people who clearly don’t have experience on a particular role have the heaviest critiques and ideas for how said role is “supposed” to be. Amazing

According to rookies like this, there’s no good players in the world because they’ve all tunneled/slugged/camped before. It’s honestly just cringe whenever one-sided Survivors or Killers cope with their lack of skill/experience by projecting all these hypocritical standards to gatekeep others from getting credit

If I had a dollar for every time I heard a DBD rookie say “I played with ____ against ___ and __K’d without ____” I’d already have a asymm game of my own

The people who use those lines NEVER show screenshots/video because it would immediately expose them for being in baby territory

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 571
    Options

I can probably say "yes, you're right"... But you forgot one thing

Trapper

Trapper need to hold a three gen to be dangerous

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

This exactly.....until they give a buff to actually doing a hook spread then the best action for the most efficient way to play is sadly Camping and Tunneling.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

Don't be delusional please, it's a blatant fact that 3 survivors are a lot more manageable than 4 survivors with 3 of them being hooked once (even if you loose some generators in the meantime). it's like saying that survivors have more advantage to do all the generators on the map at the same % of progress than focusing on certain gens in order to get them done quickly and divide the map in 2 sides at the same time in order to make the killer's job more difficult. They are somewhat comparable because both are goals to do for each side, both require to end their goal as fast as you can in order to escape/kill and both will make the other side frustrated (a survivor being camped/tunneled will be probably upset, same when you as a killer see 3 generators go in a single chase despite you did't committed any mistake), the only difference between those 2 goals is that survivors are players, so they'll probably whine whenever they got a bad match/experience they'll be more inclined to insult the killer for doing his job.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

These kind of posts definitely bring the community closer together. /s

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 376
    Options

Even if you punish Tunneling so badly like if one surv is dead the others get a plus 100% gen speed. Killers will still tunnel, because its just the best strategy for Killer. Some games you can go for more hooks, but other games you are happy to get on kill. You dont know what the next game you play will be like. Some time ago the devs tryed a system, where the killer gets reworded for hooking mutible people in therms of game slowdown. Gues how complaind about this system? The survivors complaind, so badly, that the system doesnt get implemented. So the only think survivor mains asking about is nerf killer so hard every game is a nearly 100% win for them. Playing Killer today is still much more harder then playing survivor.

• Desteriaa
    Options

The dead hard post are very original as well. Definitely don’t see that every time I read the forums. I definitely don’t see killers complaining about how unfun it is 5 times a day.

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 376
    Options

True. I think mostly survivors should think about the situation at the other prospektiv. Its not tunneling, if all 4 survs are alive and there is only one gen left. A Killer holding a 3 gen isnt the fault of the Killer the survivors just do the gens wrong. Maybe killers shouldnt be upset about bodyblocking, but I nearly never see killers complaining about that. An other fakt maybe, that DH is fine IF the Killer you play is very strong.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,718
    Options

If you have to tunnel you’re bad and need to get better. If you hold a three gen from the start you are bad, if you camp at 5 gens ur bad.

"If you play in a way I don't like, you are bad."

I'm all for shaming my teammates into playing better because we're on the same side, but shaming my opponent when they used an allowed tactic is pretty transparent. I don't enjoy being tunneled and camped, but this is on BHVR for designing DbD in such a way that those tactics work. My opponent taking advantage of it is to be expected.

Tunneling and camping are stale strategies and killers do it for easy wins but god forbid a swf gen rushes for "easy wins" Killers are hypocritical and i’m over it

I'm not sure what the point of this is. Turn the first sentence around and you get a statement we also see regularly: "Gen rushing is a stale strategy and SWF do it for easy wins but god forbid a killer tunnels and camps for 'easy wins.'" Both sides make the same kinds of arguments. All it means is that both sides are unhappy with the game's current state and the stale gameplay loop.

The tunneling and camping is genuinely draining the fun out of games for survivors.

Killers aren't NPCs, nor do killer players get paid to entertain survivors. Survivors don't play in such a way as to ensure the killer has fun, either.

In general, players don't care about their opponent's fun. It's on the game designers to design the game in such a way that both sides can have fun at the same time.

I haven’t even mentioned the slugging for the 4k all of this is not fun.

Again, this is BHVR's fault. They even recently made it worse: they updated Adepts so that a 4k is required. I used to be able to farm out a double-pip so that it didn't matter if the last survivor got the hatch, but that's not even an option anymore.

BHVR also buffed wiggling and super buffed Boil Over against console players. Any survivor who brings Boil Over: either crawl to a hook or I leave you slugged. I'm not picking you up just so I can be stuck in place while you wiggle off my shoulder.

Ds is a joke.

This is true. Decreasing the stun time killed DS. If I see a survivor use it they almost always go right back down within seconds. And DS still has the difficult skill check attached to it, which stops some players from being able to use it at all because console performance problems can really really make those things impossible to hit.

Anyway, starting off your post by insulting players who use tactics you don't enjoy doesn't bring strength to your argument. It just looks like you're trying to shame your opponent into playing in a way that's easier for you to counter. The majority of people who you're playing against aren't even on these forums, they're not going to see your post, and even if they did see it they wouldn't care. Players aren't going to change their behavior just because they were insulted. The developers are the ones who have to make changes. Of course, those same developers just released a killer whose strongest strat is 3-genning, so the future looks bleak.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

okey i dont like camping and tunneling too lets get rid of it.....

but since killers are hypocritical when they complain about swf while camping or tunneling this would mean swf is just as cheap so we get rid of that too right? or does that only goes for killers

• Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 227
    Options

question-how often do killers lose when they go all tunnel bunny? not very often, huh?

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

I mean tbf you shouldn’t shame other survivors for playing in ways you dislike either. They aren’t puppets or AI props. Lol. They’re tools in a sense that they help your escape become easier (which is why survivors are rewarded individually, not as a team). But that’s all, really. Tbh the way BHVR intended this game, you should be able to survive the trial alone.

• Donner
    Donner Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2023
    Options

Yeah I'm a killer main, but @TragicSolitude wrote a really good post breaking down your post of you whining because you lack the skill to counter these tactics.

You obviously never played against a SWF team that's toxic and makes you want to pull your hair out. Or every single game that you lose in this 1v4 very totally fair game you get mocked and tbagged at the gate while they sit there gesturing at you and spinning in circles.

You get what's coming to you if you act toxic. I try my hardest not to play with tunneling. Sometimes that means I play several games down to a 3 gen because not tunneling results in me getting gen rushed. But if I have a game where the first body I pick up, they have boil over, their teamsters double body block me and a third flashlight saves, then you know for sure I'm tunneling this team down.

Body blocking is fine, flashlight saves are fine. But when then entire enemy team dedicates themselves to preventing the first or second hook them I'm going to start tunneling and camping hooks to do trades or catch them going for rescue.

Granted, I want to say that I have been beat even when I start tunneling or camping. Because people are better than me. So if they can do it, quit your whining and you can too.

• Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 227
    Options

another question-does chronic tunneling result in more killer nerfs?

• Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243
    Options

If i play optimally (proxy camp, tunnel, forcing 3 gens), im bad, and if i dont, im not playing optimally -> poorly.

When are killers good? Only when its nurse, who can commit to chases other killers dream of and finish in 10 secs?