Congratulations bhvrs devs

Options
ProveKa
ProveKa Member Posts: 172
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

You have designed an incredible killer.You designed a great killer based on all it does is defend 3 gens and poison the game for 1 hour.2 games in a row ended like this and enttiy kicked us out of the game.Congratulations to the developers for their brilliant minds

Post edited by ProveKa on

Comments

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 518
    Options

do not leave 3 generators nearby and just repair all generators at the same time, even against 3 gen knight you can win

SM is M1 killer who just has information

if you can't beat the m1 killer then the problem is in your skills

• ProveKa
    Options

it looks like you've never played against him and you've been surfing the forum just to come here and text "if you can't win m1 killer it's your skill"

• NinthPixel
    NinthPixel Member Posts: 60
    Options

It gets bearable when you finally figure out how to disable the drones and understand the mini-game. However, I am sure that low MMR SM players have only wins or draws. Because understanding that the yellow spinning walls are how you get detected and then getting to the drone to disable it took almost 4 deaths to figure out. Trying to then explain to my friends how the mini-game worked made it even more clear that it is not very intuitive.

I should have read up on her power, but I like to have the experience of an absolutely new player with things. Hopefully it pans out like Pinhead but I think the SK is just a ploy to remove 3 gen situations entirely which I wouldn't be against.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,258
    Options

Have people forget that there is a perk that allows you to see the 3 closest gens at the start of the game so you can go to do the middle one right away? Or is just that people want to be able to win in every situation by only using the "cool guys perk builds"?

• ProveKa
    Options

I really don't know why you're having such a hard time understanding.Killer defends only 3 closest gens.(From the beginning to the end of the game).I played 2 games my games took 2 hours.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    Options

Which is impossible to coordinate without 4 or 3 man SWF

• Batusalen
    edited March 2023
    Options

And regression is 4 times slower than basekit progression, and if the killer don't commit to chases you could progress a gen, get out of there when he comes, and the moment he got away tap the gen to stop regression or continue repairing the gen.

I have played many times as survivor and the only games 3 gens have being a problem are the ones were we, the survivors, let him have those 3 gens. And the SM power is ridiculously easy to counter.

If you are a SoloQ player, PT, Situational Awareness, Deja Vu and a toolbox. I still don't know how this is so hard to pull off for so many people when I, being a total survivor noob who can't loop to literally save his life can do it. I don't even know what killer we are against until 2 or 3 gens are done in most of the games.

• Flood73
    Flood73 Member Posts: 23
    Options

You can't do the middle one right away if the Killer decides to defend the 3-gen from the beginning of the game. I also don't see the need for a perk to identify a 3-gen when you can predict it based on map knowledge or by observing the spawns after you load in.

• Flood73
    Flood73 Member Posts: 23
    Options

You're right that basekit regression is 4 times slower but a competent Killer who plans to hold a 3-gen from the beginning of the game will have perks like Call of Brine, Overcharge etc. to increase the regression rate much higher than that. I'm not saying it's impossible to counter but it can drag the game out into a long battle of attrition where the killer rarely commits to chases and instead prioritises kicking gens.

• not_requested49
    Options

Most definitely, and 95% of the time, the killer will win this thanks to the 1 hour cap that kills all survivors instead of giving them escapes

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329
    Options

hahahaha i swear you are the best example, why i say " dbd community is not so intelligent (compare with a toaster)"

again smaller for you with your maximum 1 or 2 thousand hours guess a hundred but it doesn't matter for all of you who have no idea about dbd but always talk big, IF THE KILLER IS LOOKING FOR 3 GEN AT THE BEGINNING OF ROUND AND THEY DEFFT THEM, YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING, I mean you don't even have to play dbd to figure it out is a logical thinking process xD but well we're talking about the dbd community here who are doctors and professors when they don't play dbd :D

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619
    Options

Come on guys, you heard the advice.

Just don't let 3 gens happen.

Ya know, the advice that's just as useful as just find the Hex or just do bones.

Just win the game man.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

People saying "just dont let the 3 gen happen" as if SM players don't load into the game and instantly decide which 3 gens to defend and ignore every other gen.

Smartest victim blamers

• Batusalen
    edited March 2023
    Options

Dude, with max regression perks (CoB + OC) it is still 2:40 minutes to full regress a generator against 1:30 to complete it with basekit progression:

Two survivors with one of the using PT do a gen in 46 seconds, 3 in 32. Add a toolbox, and even less than that. And "extreme coordination"... the moment the Status HUD shows the killer isn't following anyone anymore, let go the gen and hide. Extreme coordination indeed.

Some people may need it, as it seems. In fact, I use it, as even if may know the gens positions it still grants 5% of bonus progression.

Dudes, again, "much higher than that" its still a minute difference of regression against basekit that you can stop at any time with just a slight touch on the gen. Regression sucks even with all the perks to max it out. There is no excuse.

Post edited by Batusalen on
  • Batusalen
    edited March 2023
    Options

I think you are the best example of that, seeing the way you write. I didn't even understand half of what you are saying.

• Batusalen
    edited March 2023
    Options

Ey, just bait the DH, right? It's not gen rushing, is just doing objectives. If you didn't tunnel you won't get hit by DS, even if it's the own survivor who used it to tank a hit for someone. Etc., etc., etc...

So yes, just don't let 3gens happen. Instead of saying "let's do the other gens" pressure the killer until you break the 3 gens. And if you can't do it having all the tools you need to do so, even more when we are talking about the most easy to counter and avoidable power ever conceived by BHVR gameplay designers... well, it's your problem.

• MoNosEmpire
    MoNosEmpire Member Posts: 649
    Options

Just because you find it easy to stop a 3 gen with a SWF doesn't mean others are able to do it as easily. A killer guarding 3 gens right from the start is an issue when the killer rotates quick, easily regresses gens and also quickly finishes chases. Unless you've got some absolute tools for killers it should be clearly understood that 3 gen locking from the killers POV is very easy to do, especially when on some particular maps they are very, very close, and now throw in the new drones, it's even more of a problem unless the killer commits to a chase or, the survivor removes the drone and the killer is back to replace it. Recreating the dilemma once again. I'm sure the rest of the people in here have clearly explained the issue but you seem to need some sort of step by step visual guide for some reason.

I've played a few games since the update and I've only seen the 3 gen tactic twice, it worked once and only once and that was because we realised what he was trying to do mid-game.

As for the others.. The easiest way to stop a 3 gen is to make sure you always do ALL of the middle gens first to force the killer into long rotations for gens.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

It's not like there is no 3 gen on the map and suddenly when theres only 1 gen left on the map the 3 remaing generators become a 3 gen. The 3 gen is there from the start. No matter what you do, you are going to have to fight it. Whether you do that at the end or at the beginning doesn't change that fact. Whether there's 7 gens left on the map or 3, they don't move. The 3 gen still exists while there's 7.

If they have already decided to protect the 3 gen and give up on the other gens, you actually should complete all the other gens. Breaking the 3 gen early is only useful if the killer isn't protecting it. If you fight for it and still have 3 or 4 more gens to do after breaking it you're probably going to lose while doing the other gens because of the attrition suffered while breaking the 3 gen. You're going to have to fight her for the 3 gen regardless of what you do, so you may as well take the other generators while they're still free.

• Batusalen
    Options

I've played a few games since the update and I've only seen the 3 gen tactic twice, it worked once and only once and that was because we realised what he was trying to do mid-game.

As for the others.. The easiest way to stop a 3 gen is to make sure you always do ALL of the middle gens first to force the killer into long rotations for gens.

So... this part means we agree, right?

And I'm a SoloQ player, and I literally said one of my builds earlier (+DH), that wasn't just some random advice. Like you said, I don't see the seer amount of "3gens from the start" people are claiming and when a 3gens happens is because the survivors let him got it. So, again, "just don't let the 3gen happen".

• MoNosEmpire
    MoNosEmpire Member Posts: 649
    Options

We agree to an extent lol.

I do think the new killer is oppressive when it comes to 3 gens though, if you're not with a full SWF then it's basically GG.

• not_requested49
    Options

I'm hitting the 1 hour cap really reliably if they do not DC or straight up give up, if you still argue that she's weak and easily beatable, idk what to tell you man

• Batusalen
    edited March 2023
    Options

I didn't say she is easily beatable, I said her power is weak and easily counterable, which it is. Of course you still need to know what you are doing to win the game, something that the more I play as survivor it's clearer that people don't know. And this is from a total noob that still doesn't know how to properly loop in most maps.

• not_requested49
    edited March 2023
    Options

There's practically no way to counter a 3 gen skull merchant with a gen regression build without extreme, and I mean EXTREME coordination with a SWF, like perfectly timing the disabling of 3 drones at once

And even then I don't think you'd get far if she has dying light on top of that

I really don't know what you're on about here, I just don't believe you've went against a proper 3 gen skull merchant yet

• mr_Beast_Artist
    mr_Beast_Artist Member Posts: 327
    Options

It is impossible to win because she chooses 3 generators from the beginning of the game, places drones there and delays the game for 30-60 minutes, and she ALWAYS WINS, ALWAYS !!! It shouldn't be like this and it's just sad.

You need to remove the vulnerability or accumulation, remove the range and prohibit the placement of the drone if it touches the generator.

There is a newcomer in my team of friends who did not give us a chance, although we have P100 for a long time and this is just ridiculous. You can take the toolboxes with the new genrush perk part and YOU WILL NOT HAVE A CHANCE, YOU WILL NEVER WIN IT. This is complete nonsense and needs to be nerfed.

it can't be won and that's just nonsense. The knight has the same problem, but the trader just has an abuse of easy victories

• ProveKa
    Options

Some say survivors don't know how to play against her.It's the survivors' fault that they left those 3 gens at the beginning of the game