Some pervasive problems in-game that destroy players' experience

I have about 10k hours in DBD, to some people it isn't much. But I think I still have to speak up against some behaviors that deliberately sabotage players' experience.

Recently, some of my matches got dropped mid-game. It usually happened when killer has great advantage against survivors. And it usually comes with a message, "You have been disconnected from the host." You might say I may have a poor internet connection. Yet this issue didn't occur in those 10k hours, it only happens beginning these days.

And I'm also aware of an issue, in which players' latencies are dramatically increased to an extent that the game is unplayable. Take my last game as an example, it's highly possible that someone deliberately used a third-party software that causing all other people (maybe even himself) to drop frames. I played as Feng, and around 4 minutes into the game, I tried to heal David. And to our surprise, even though I was healing him, the healing bar didn't progress. And we later found out that we are not the only people that's lagging, the Spirit (Killer) quitted the game not long after, probably because of the lag.

As a player who use EAC's services almost all my gaming life, I won't say it didn't do its job well. But for detecting third party software that affects the game's performance rather than cheating software, it still has a long way to go.

Comments

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323

I think it has more to do with DbD servers that with cheating, more so after yesterday outage (and I don't agree with you, EAC do honor its name as the most easy bypassed anti cheat ever), but I also had a lot of lag recently as killer.

Hits that should hit literally don't be registered, hits to the air that ends with an injured survivor, grabbing someone from a gen and suddenly stop mid animation and do a hit instead, lost the count of matches that don't even start because "the game won't load".

Whatever it is, I hope they would fix it soon. That, and they need to implement better anticheat ASAP including lagswitch prevention... too many "It is my imagination, or is he walking faster than me while being injured?" situations.

• MobBossPeppaPig
    MobBossPeppaPig Member Posts: 5

I agree with you on that, BHVR really should focus on their server's consistency before anything else. And also yes, EAC failed so many times on DBD's cheats detection. Yesterday there was a Twitch survivor streamer who contained the killer whole match and then the killer pressed some button and instantly downed 4 survivors lol.