Why so many players bring no item? I can't understand it one bit.

2»

Comments

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 405

Because every time I use a high rarity item, the killer either has Franklin's or camps/tunnels me to death. So lately I either bring nothing or bring browns to bait Franklin's.

Doesn't help that I'm still P3'ing survivors so usually I have to run whatever I have in my inventory.

Also, I think items are very boring. The most interesting items are maps and keys, and they're mega rare and also kinda bad, and then the flashlight that I still haven't quite got the hang of.

And then there's medkits and toolboxes, which are... eeeeh...? Just heal and repair faster. For items that are supposed to take the same place as killer powers, they're kinda awful. I mean, useful, yeah, but they follow the pattern of "Everything survivors have, be it perks or items, have to result on faster healing or faster repairing. The end."

Like, imagine how cool it would be if you could carry a portable totem to place around the map to boon.

Ah, but I digress. Yeah, I just don't have that many items, and when I do use the good ones, they feel wasted.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

You’re being disingenuous as you were not mocked. I said “lol” in reference to a 90% kill rate in “matches”, not “your matches”. “Factually untrue” was also “matches”, not “your matches”. This is a strawman and the posts are still there to read back. Even the “lol” was only after you came at me unprovoked with sarcastic mocking of which even after insulting me I chose not to return the same vitriol towards you. You have been extremely rude and insulting towards me in multiple posts of which I have done none to you.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

So insulting you is not agreeing with you point of view? Well, ok, guilty as charged. I have no intention to feed the troll any further and continute this futile conversation.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 2023

No, insulting is not disagreeing with my point. Your previous posts are still there for anyone to read. It was insulting because you mocked me and the things I said and were nothing but condescending towards me. You quite literally laughed at me and made fun of my thoughts..I can literally quote your post for you if you’d like.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

Because anytime I bring an item I tend to get killed pretty quick, it's a jinx for me. Any challenge requiring green or higher items, especially when they want us to use a specific one, is rough when those are already limited amount and I get killed before I can complete the challenge. I save them for challenges instead of wasting them in a regular match.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

How about be a decent teammate and don't rely on people to bring items in? 🤨

• AverageKateMain

I'm not wasting high rarity items on bad randoms that will snowball the game hard and make escapes impossible. At most I'll brown or yellow stuff. That's it.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I don't want to make scary killa angy.

• AverageKateMain

Was this even necessary to say? Like was the goal to annoy this person or what?

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited March 2023

some people like to make the game harder for themselves the problem is they hurt the rest of the team while doing that and then they want quick heals ofc, so i blame them aswell but still i can get it. def the rason is not wasting them cause no way u are gonna waste your hundreds brown medkits sicne u are gonna spend more points in your characters u dont really run out of medkits or items unless those are purple those have a low rate in the BW.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

1) I don't need items to do well

2) I like rolling the dice on chests in the map, it's much more exciting

3) Killers see items as sweaty and are likely to adapt to it

Only time I bring items is to make challenges easier, that's it

• user_63916485
    user_63916485 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 4

Have a friend who is critical about items when we play duo or triple and a random/s who have no items. I used to be critical as well. I thought these randoms wouldn't help game at all and loot chests for fun but you can't judge a book by it's cover. Sometimes people would want to run a certain skin but don't have items on the character or maybe they are afraid of franklin's and would put the item build last seconds. I've also heard that window fakes are more effective with no item since before the animation starts the item dissapears. Personally I sometimes bring just a cracker with myself if i'm tilted to the point I don't want to give away even a brown medkit but I wouldn't ruin the game though.

Again, don't judge people by items, better check their steam profile if you are on steam and they are on steam

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,313
    edited March 2023

For the same reason I don't use one of the 87 potions in a RPG game even though it's obvious the end of the narrative is right around the corner.

Never know when I'll need them all, better save them. Yes, I know I have a hoarding problem 😄 seeing the numbers increase pleases me.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,329

To give you an example: I played 5 games yesterday, 3 of those turned out to have people that were hackers/exploiters on both survivor/killer side, the 4th game was the killer hard-tunneling a survivor from the get-go and refusing to down and chase anyone else, no matter how many hits everyone took and body-blocked. The 5th game was a survivor instantly DC-ing on first down, and one of the other survivors leading the killer to everyone else, with their bond perk :)

I've noticed games like this becoming the new normal, regardless of the time of the day I can play. So why should I waste anything on a match when the majority of the trials turn out this way?

The very rare games that contain normal teammates that actually PLAY the game, go fine regardless of items.

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 466
    edited March 2023

I will remember that next time you want a quick heal and the killer is coming back for you.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

I believe yes, it was nessessary. Goal was to show the absurdity of comment the with irony reply that point on different point of view. Mostly for the other people, because author of comment probably did it intentionally (I cannot say for what reasons). If commentator is annoyed when someone is not agree with him, well, I can't help with personal problems, not my area of expertise.

You are welcome to disagree with me, but pushing this off to some personal area... Nah, please don't. Thank you.

• AverageKateMain

I'm not dumb enough to stay in an area knowing the killer would come back. I actually have game knowledge. You just proved my point

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

Well... dude... I mean I would... but hey, I really don't have that much items left, you know? Saving them for bad times and so...

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 394

Just had 5 matches in a row that were someone was afk, killed self on first hook or DC'd. I'm not bringing an item for my 6th match.

• AlphaYandere
    AlphaYandere Member Posts: 66

Collect and never use

• Kebabsurv
    Kebabsurv Member Posts: 47

because im random public! and im not about win the game!

• VirtuaTyKing
    edited March 2023

Yeah run off to your boon far across the map but don't worry I will be efficient at least.

I'm not here to bicker btw I was just curious to the reasons.

Many have give their reason some of which make no sense to me but you all do you.

• VirtuaTyKing

Yeah you tend to get spells like that. Had none today though.

• Cleverotter
    Cleverotter Member Posts: 128

haddie NEEDS to use her emf reader in the lobby

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,823

You know, it's a good point -- and sometimes I wonder why, if I have all of these useless brown toolboxes, I don't just bring one so at least I have something... but then I don't. It's like it doesn't even feel worth it to equip. I don't know why.

• wizencrayfish
    wizencrayfish Member Posts: 58

dont need em. solo q here

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

I don't get it either. I'll never be able to use all the items I have unless I permanently stop investing into every survivor bloodweb and I'm not even a surv main. Some of them do it for the "challenge", I guess.

• waffleminion
    waffleminion Applicant Posts: 7

I play both sides, killer and survivor. I'm a newer player but I genuinely don't think the game is balanced very well at all, especially if you throw swf into the mix. I dont bring an item it because I don't think you should be able to, I think items should be exclusive to loot crates around the map. If I had it my way specific locations on the map would house a specific item so there's no element of chance based on which item you get. Loot crates near sheds always house toolboxes and flashlights, loot crates in houses always house first aid kits, etc.

But yeah, I dont bring items in because I just don't think they're fair for the killer.

• VirtuaTyKing
    edited March 2023

It's mostly unbalanced when a good swf is in play and this is also when some people use items the most. Go figure.

I play both but used to barely play survivor apart from when I first got the game. Since the hud update and BP bonus I play more lately.

I understand your perspective though I don't use DH for the same reason.

• AverageKateMain

If you even knew me, you'd know I hate boons. Also you're not here to bicker yet you decided to say that. I will not rely on useless randoms to do simple jobs y'all will somehow fail.

I have my own effective build that doesn't require any of you to screw it up

• VirtuaTyKing

Good for you. I was only dishing back. I know it can be frustrating. I had a pair earlier looking at each other nodding not even playing really until it was too late.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,555

If I'm not playing with a friend, im not bringing an item for a quite significant portion of the playerbase that kills themself on hook or just straight up dc's, refuses to work on gens, only brings Last Man Standing perks, or are otherwise unwilling to cooperate on a basic level. Which is...half the people playing this game.

• Nyxsie
    Nyxsie Member Posts: 39
    1. I've been consistently getting bad games,
    2. I have a perk, offering, or challenge that is going to result in me gaining an item,
    3. I want to stock up on items, or
    4. No reason.