Can we please buff Reassurance

2»

Comments

• Jackal7879
    Jackal7879 Member Posts: 121

I mean monstrous shrine is the reassurance for killers

and since DS got nerf it has never been easier to tunnel a survivor out with off the record just simply hit them off hook and that completely get rid of it and when you get add ons into the mix like pin heads original pain that literally gets rid of the perk

And y’all basically did with eruption

and honestly, can you answer how many reassurances do you see every time you play killer?

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 561

Have you seen the video were someone uses reassurance on the people on the hook and go back to gen?

Maybe the should indeed buff the range, but make it only work when the killer is under 12m of the hook.

Survivors should feel pressured when someone is hooked, and unless the killer is near the hook from start to finish, should feel pressured even more when the hooked is almost going into the next stage.

• DwightDwigt
    DwightDwigt Member Posts: 73
    edited March 2023

In general, agreed.

I think Reassurance range should be buffed to align with basic Kindred range.

(Obviously, no stacking, no alignment with Open Handed.)

• Jackal7879

This perk does not need a killer range requirement if you as a survivor is using this perk when the killer is nowhere near and leaving the survivor for whatever reason on hook seems dumb unless there is a maybe a gen near them like 90% then maybe I can see a argument

• Jackal7879

I feel like this a boon:Dark theory phenomenon, I remember in the PTB for the Ringu chapter some people complaining about the boon saying it was overpowered and the forged in fog when, when people was fogwise and potential energy was going to be OP and literally those perks are rarely used

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 561

But killer in the range of the hook is the definition of camping. If the perk is designed to counter camping killers, it should only work the killer is near the hook, making saves harder.

As i've said, survivors should feel pressured when someone is on the hook, as they SHOULD prioritaze saving over all of other things.

• Jackal7879

especially when we get the theoretical’s into it like a 4 man top MMR SWF who have this perk versus a 4 man soloq team with only 1 survivor having it

• Jackal7879

Some killers can take advantage of that as well like huntress hag etc

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited March 2023

Survivors have SIXTY seconds to unhook, not SIXTEEN. Let the killer break a pallet, kick a gen, and get more than a tile away in their patrol before you unhook. Why the urgency to unhook ASAP and tempt the killer to return to the hook?

Your anxious playstyle seems to be blinding you of the benefits extra time on the hook could mean.

If I have a gen nearly finished, or my Flashbang is almost charged, things like that, then I have the time to do it in those 60 seconds. A lot of progress is lost if I have to run across the map, unhook, and then run all the way back, when I could have finished the task first. If the hooked survivor is reassured then 90 seconds lets me finish an entire gen.

----

I am in agreement with the range being too small IF the killer is, in fact, camping. It's very risky to get close enough to activate. Double the range, but not right away and only if the killer is still nearby.

• hiken
    hiken Member Posts: 1,188
    edited March 2023

tbh i dont have any problem to use reassurance even when is Leatherface u can always get behind the hook activate it or trough a wall UNLESS is in the middle of nowhere and u cant sneak in but thats rare to see. i think the perk is overall fine i may increase the timer to 40 or 45 seconds because killers love to camp and face camp (REASON WAS CREATED FOR, if killers didnt play as they do this perk wouldnt even exist) but other than that is fine. Im not entrielly against tunneling (especially when only 1 or 2 gens are remaining and u need people out quick but im all in against camping because its very easy to trade hooks like that, u are while cmaping or face camping dealing with AT LEAST half the team at the same time or 75% of the team even if they want to get out of that situation without losing the game due hook trading.

• Jackal7879

1st I have never anything about rushing unhooks

2nd the delay still doesn’t make sense I have said my peace about that in 1 of this post

3rd your acting like every survivor is in a 4 man swf if you use it in soloq that time can be wasted by the the other 2

• Jackal7879

But if everyone doing gens no one came to reassure the person on hook and if they are to go reassure them and the killer is not camping why not just unhook them at that point?

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    edited March 2023

Agreed

Also it'd be nice for the bots to be able to equip Reassurance. I'm honestly surprised that they couldn't while they can use a perk like deception already or head on

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,622

example: you hooked someone and go elsewhere to kick a generator/chase a survivor/destroying throwed down pallets, the survivors still haven't made the unhook, at this point you come back to the hook to guarantee the 2nd stage since the time for the 2nd phase is almost started, when suddently those guys use the perk. Another example is when someone will loop you on purpose in the zone of the hooked survivor because there's an extremely strong loop near it... both cases reward bad gameplay for the survivors instead of rewarding good play (survivors shouldn't wait so much in order to do a save, especially when the killer is far from the hooked survivor and mostly they should't be able to use perks made specifically for certain situations in order to get away with their bad plays... you know, it reminds me of old decisive strike when survivors could use that perk even if you didn't tunneled anyone and they started to do stuff under your nose...)

• PrincessCalla
    PrincessCalla Member Posts: 139

When this first came out I finally thought it was a counter to camping, then they nerfed it. :<

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

"I mean monstrous shrine is the reassurance for killers"

Monstrous Shrine is more like Fast track for killers. But unlike survivors we do not have 7 perks to hasten a survivor's death. If we did we might see 35 second hook timers. Then sure Reassurance needs to be a big part of the game.

-"can you answer how many reassurances do you see every time you play killer?"

Once is too many because Reassurance is a force multiplier. Use it once and 4 players get 30 seconds. That's +2 minutes to the enemy team.

This is the same time savings as the killer using Pop goes the weasel pre nerf six times.

And you want to say : this perk needs to be buffed.

• mr_Beast_Artist
    mr_Beast_Artist Member Posts: 327

this perk is not visible in games anyway because it is weak.

All you need to do is increase the duration from 30 seconds to 60 seconds and increase the range by 24 meters.

Toxic camping is one of the most annoying moments of this game and it needs to be removed, don't forget that against normal assassins this perk is useless as they won't stand at the hook.