The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Huntress Iridescent Head Face Camping

@Behaviour

Please be aware how oppressive it is to play against a face camping huntress with Iridescent Head. You can't save anyone off hook unless the huntress misses (good luck).

Please play-test your game.

Comments

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 224

Ok, what about a facecamping bubba or hillbilly?

Same concept, except huntress has to reload and NEEDS this add-on.

GG go next.

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578
    edited March 2023

Those are also oppressive. Bubba should lose all his charges when near a hook for too long and Hilly Billy should have his chainsaw overheat if he stays near a hook for too long. It's not fun for the person on hook and it's not fun for the rest of the team that have to let them die. And I don't know how it can be fun for the killer who goes AFK with thier face glued to the hook.

Like I said. Please actually play the game you are building. This is unprofessional of you, Behaviour.

• Gandor
    Gandor Member Posts: 4,257
    edited March 2023

Huntress is the least oppresive from the quad problematic killers. Bubba, Billy and pinky clown are much worse. I would even argue trickster is worse in this regards (even though he does not need his insta-addon). Runner up is basement trapper - but that one is by far not as free (and works by locking up basement for potential 4K if survs decide to rescue).

So to sum up - I don't think huntress needs to be specifically looked at in this regards. Fix Billy, Bubba and Clown facecamps and the rest is just advantageous position for killer (on the other hand, buff chase billy)

• roundpitt
    edited March 2023

I disagree. Standing in front of the hook until the survivor dies should not be a valid 'strategy'.

Post edited by roundpitt on
  • kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

Well looking at your huntress example specifically it just takes 2 people because she can only carry 1 hatchet lol

• Gandor

There are ways to punish it hard.

So long that killers don't convince devs it's good idea that 3 other survivors that cannot do anything but gens should do them for 5 minutes/gen so that killers have nice long camping games (something popping up here in threads all the time), it's pretty balanced. Especially if somebody not on hook brought reassurance (and then it's up to you to not go down close to basement).

So overall if you know what to do, facecamping killer can actually get 0K just thanks to the fact, that he facecamped someone (you trade on hooks, ideally using reassurence as much as possible and you get the last one out by adrenaline or by outplaying said huntress at least once or by WGLF/unbreak/deli/DH/soul guard/flashlight save/sabo save).

Like I don't consider camping that big of a problem. Like it's noninteractive. It's generally boring. But you as survivor team still have an option. It's much harder considering tunneling (and devs deciding for some reason to promote said strategy by hard-nerfing DS into uselessness and giving back joke-perk OTR as a substitute that can be deactivated by real tunneling killer within 1s of unhook).

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,930

Insta-down addons that a very easy to pull off has always been in poor taste in this game imo. Iridescent Head and Redhead's Pinkie Finger are really strong and the drawback isn't really making them fun. Iridescent addons should change the power in fun and interesting ways while giving a slight advantage.

These days those addons just means its gonna be, ONE OF THOSE GAMES.

• roundpitt

Exactly. The best thing you can do is try to do as many gens as you can and hope that when you trade you only trade for 1 and not 2 hooks.

• roundpitt

Oh yes, lets hope everyone brought reassurance on the off chance that we get one of these games.

Yea you have to trade to unhook. The killer does zero work, requires zero skill. They stand there, and collect a kill or multiple hooks.

• bunnyfengenthusiast
    bunnyfengenthusiast Member Posts: 471

Send two people to trade off of every hook stage and crank out gens. You should be able to finish all gens within 3-4 hooks. Then take the 3 out.

• mr_Beast_Artist
    mr_Beast_Artist Member Posts: 327

This addon is too powerful and completely changes the concept of the huntress. Especially when she's camping, which happens all the time. It seems to me that I should make a condition for the rainbow ax - example 1) the hunter must hunt for a survivor for 15 seconds to activate the rainbow ax 2) The rainbow axe is activated after 10 meters of flight and at close range it is a regular ax for one wound. Thus, the rainbow ax will also be deadly in the distance BUT it will just solve the problem with camping and the abuse of the cheating axe.

• Gandor
    edited March 2023

This would be rework. I mean - sure, this would be one way to solve it. But if this would be the case, you would need to lift condition of this addon reducing number of axes to 1 (without possibility for other addons to change it). Also I think 15s is too much - 10 would be enough. Otherwise I like the idea

After all - it's iridescent addon and it should be good