The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

We Need To Talk About DBD Mobile and Netease.

EandM
EandM Member Posts: 2
edited March 2023 in General Discussions

This is my first discussion in this forum account, so I am not very familiar with things, but I do feel like we need to talk about the DBD mobile, NetEase, the players, content, MonetIzation, and the possible daylight robbery.

(be wary of grammarly mistakes, also I am Introvert, please keep It cool at comments, I am easily frightened and panicked while writing things like this)

(here I do not mock any company, I am discussing about what companys did and what could be done and how players are effected, altough I did not target a company to mock down, I targeted NetEase and what they did to DBDm as the discussion topic and center of feedback)

(this post is not a mockery, a feedback and discussion)

[I am scared of making It to jail(or anything that is related to law that can get me in troubel) or ban, If so, please have mercy]

My Experiances:

I played the DBD PC and when I burnt my PC's hard disk(RIP) I got to hear about DBD mobile and I decided to play It until I got my PC fixed, and I liked It overall, It was smooth, and fun to play and It was just DBD but in your phone, Updates were rarely received but It was ok, MonetIzation was fair and players were nice, or there was no chat at all. And It had a small community that were a part of the DBD community, and people were enjoying the DBD mobile Until the time that we stopped getting updates.

when the devs stopped developing:

when we got our regular update with Mikeala and boons, DBD mobile team announced the newer version of DBD mobile in development with Netease, and after a while they stardet a beta testing, and beta was fine, old game was still on and the ones that did want to keep playing the old one kept playing It, few people were scared of the possible loss of progression but It was announced that we were going to be able to migrate our progress after the release, and waited like 2-3 months for the newer version to be released.

When the DBDm ''New era of horror'' came out:

here are the list of problems:

Gacha: yes, they put gacha in the DBD mobile, the way that the gacha works is ?ok?(yes but no);

There are 6 cards and the entity shuffles the cards, and you flip cards to unlock Cosmetics in the exchange of sinister stones, 3 of the Cosmetics are low rarity sets or single Cosmetics and other three are high rarity sets, But The Problem is that sadako and yoichi are paywalled and locked behind gacha, and Instead of sinister stones you have to pay 100 auric cells for the first flip, 200 auric cells for the next flip and 300 auric cells for the third flip and the chances of getting a good Item in the gacha is pretty low. And sinister stones are expensive af.

Paywall: Released characters are paywalled, and locked behind gacha so people can spend money to get them early, no need to mention that there are rumors going around that complains sadako's moving with perma Tier 2 bloodlust in the matches during the paywall(no wonder why she is so fast) and people claim that this is going to be same with next upcoming characters.

Pay2Win: You probably heard of the Relics, they look like charms, but they have effects, and you need to grind a lot like years for them or simply pay for them, a player that has the relics earlier are going to win more and grinding for relics are time taking and tiring, the resource that you exchange for relics are different than shards and cells and they are much harder than grinding shards.

Hitboxes: It can be connected to the lag, but lets take a look at IDV, an another asymetrical survival RPG game that has gacha and is developed by Netease, and as I played It I learned that It works completely different than DBD, hunters are camping and tunneling, hitboxes are Insane and different for each character but the worst is, hunters can hit you while you are dropping the pallet or after the drop If the pallet is just dropped, and hunters can hit you while you are at the end of the vault animation, and this is the same with the new DBD mobile;

getting a hit trough pallets and windows and İnjust distances are not fun, and there are 2 pallets at jungle gyms(lol), but even that is not enough to protect you;

you try to loop = killer hits you from out of the attack range we know

you reach to a pallet = killer hits you while/after dropping.

you vault = killer hits you

you pre drop = killer forces you to vault back and hits you

and this is why most the killers are running aura reading builds or gen regression builds becouse they know their advantages.

you try to hide = killer reads your aura

you try to gen rush = ruin + jolt + dark devotion + Eruption

leaving survivors a frustrating gameplay, even the meta perks can't help them.

Servers: some countrys are unable to play and they are forced to use VPN to play so, and they don't have the access to the old global which means If the game does not arrive in their country, they have to use VPN just to play with the money they paid and the effort they putted on.

Lag: I haven't experianced a laggy İnput, but lag is associated with the hitboxes If Its not about the regular hitbox development that NetEase uses, or glitches?

anyways, some players are experiancing laggy İnput that sometimes making It Horribly hard and frustrating to play, and many times they are kicked out of the match until they reconnect.

''Update'': so yes, this ''new game'' is called as an update, but! Is not even an Update

how so?

let me explain

we had old survivor portraits at old global but new models / in this version, we have new portraits, old models(except quentin, NetEase knew he was ugly)

we had new versions of maps in the old global / we have the release versions of maps in this version

survivor hud we had in the old global had no survivor portraits / the new survivor hud has survivor portraits

we had updated version of everything in the old global / we have the old version of almost the evertying in the new version, old perks are back, old mori is back(tunneling fuel), but the brand new part is still the updated version, NetEase knew It was going to be Frustrating for killers, generators still has their updated models.

Animations in the old global was smooth / animations in this version dont work properly and they are... motioned? like you draw something in the every corner of every page in your sketch book and you make a animation with them, yest this is the entity and generator animations, they work like flip clips. And From Very far away, the animations just dont work, just, no movement.

Can't you see yet?, NetEase changed the current updated content with already existing old content and released them as an update, not even a game, and people beleaive that everything is ''updated'' the only thing that NetEase did was putting Money traps in the game such as Gacha, Battle Pass, Paywall, Worse MonetIzation ETC. and they lied to us.

and to think that they had months to develop this ''update'' is crazy and yet they chose to just add gacha Instead of real content.

Migration and overwrote data: so we old players had to migrate our account progressions to the new version, becouse we were no longer able to play the old global we loved, so when we did so, Mikeala, Cheryl, Elodie, Twins, Cenobite, Pyramid head were missing, and we were ''Temporarily'' Compensated with shards and auric cells for certain characters, And In the mails we got It is stated that we will outo get the characters that we missed when they are released.

But... there is a problem, why just released characters are paywalled and locked behind a auric cell gacha?

I speculate that at this moment NetEase is expecting us to use our ''Temporary'' Compensation for gacha, and rebuy everything we had when they are released, or try to get them with our ''Temporary'' Compensation trough expensive gacha when they are released.

Heres an another thing, Lisa and Alessa(yes they exist) mains that migrated their accounts claims that they are not compensated for Lissa or Alessa.

worse MonetIzation: In the old Global, you would get 2 times more auric cells for your first purchase, what a good way to get people purchase auric cells and discover the benefits. but in the new version, NetEase gives you only 25% more auric cells that caps at every purchase, basically NetEase is not treating every player the same,

the more you pay the more you get and win, the less you pay the less you win and get.

overall gameplay: the game is killer sided, old mori is a tunneling fuel and stealth killers are waiting while camping for the bot survivor that exists in every game to unhook the just hooked survivor Infront of them so they can mori them, and also the build of bot survivors are doo doo, once I saw a survivor that runs lithe with sprint burst, no mither with self heal, and they are not even good for the match and killers take advantage of them.

just becouse the killers are OP in chases, survivors looked for counterplays, stealth and gen rush, and as they did so, killers found a way to kill their counterplays, most popular killers are killers with high mobility and stealth, to not give survivors a moment to hide and to control the map easily with a loadout of gen regresion and aura reading, becouse they don't need chase power, they already have It.

what survivors can do: play as the best as they can, avoid getting tunneled, hope for +1 as everyone dies for chases that can't even last a 20 seconds, while the game uses our match history to count your escape rate for each survivor, yes they are treating every survivor with different abilitys and gameplay.

btw trickster has issues, main event blinds you, valid knife shots are not counted becouse of the lag, huntress has the same issues(I guess)

survivor hairs are darker and most of the hairs don't move anymore, I entered depression when I learnt yun jin's hairs are black and don't move.

chat: Salt Mine, can be more but nothing less.

NetEase: this chinesse company is known with their games that are attractive from outside with moneytraps, and they did what they usually do, gacha.

Frustration and Dissapointment: we waited for like months for this game- oh sorry! ''Update'', and they manage to make the game worse with money traps and fake development, game is not even developed, only few cosmetics are added, and I don't even want to talk about how the game is played anymore becouse survivors can't even play anymore.

Possible Daylight Robbery: Stranger Things characters are not migrated, and they will never return. which means that the money thesse people spent to buy stranger things cosmetics are gone, vanished, poof!

and people are ''Temporarily'' compensated with cells, but, they will never have a opportunity or even a gacha to get them back, meanwhile people are not compensated for Lisa and Alessa,

The Money of thesse players are vanished, and NetEase is clearly trying to make more money out of It by pushing the player to gamble in the gacha

Btw Halal players can't play anymore becouse of the gacha becouse Its gambling.

Dissapeared Launguage Support Pool : in the old global, we had a large pool of translations and launguage supports, but now we only have few rn.

In IDV, turkish and other ethnicity players were crying for their launguage support, but NetEase simply did not care about them, they did not even care about the comments that had turkish usernames, I guess they were too busy,

but we got turkish launguage support in the old global along with a large launguage support pool, but now, all of them are dissapeared, If they copy pasted the old content, thesse old content should have the translations, but nope, they are gone, we only have 5-6 launguage supports and people are FRUSTRATED and crying for their launguage.

What Could Have Been?

ah so many opportunitys wasted, just for money.

1:What Apex Legends is doing? and how DBDm could do It too?

currently Apex Legends mobile is making Its way to a shut down, to leave Its place for the development of Apex Legends Mobile 2.0 that will have cross play across devices, hard to optimize and develop, but sounds cool, but when we think about the the player number and the models, Its actually not a very hard challenge to develop DBDm like this.

I'll give you an example(please! Please forgive my grammarly mistakes)

lets say a group of players qued for a match,

Lisa(mobile)

Zarina(console)

Steven(PC)

Felix(PC

and Deathslinger(Console)

and the map is lets say, father campell's chapel,

just becouse thesse characters and contents were chosen, players load thesse content in their devices and wait for others to load, when they are done loading, the game begins, as lisa makes actions or moves to somwwhere, the lisa puppet in the other devices does the same but in different optimizations and graphics thanks to the Internet Connection, this is the same with other players,(this is how online games are played as much as I know)

and Imagine the DBD being developed like this, It could couse problems but players that simply did not want to play like this can turn cross-play off, but this style of gameplay could enchant the community and make It larger, but DBD mobile would be pay2play too avoid hackers(and make the game fair).

2:They Could Keep Developing:

easy way to keep the players statisfied: keep developing the old global, or just open the servers again so we can still play the version we loved and Gacha could stay at asia, or they could release the old global as the ''global''

but players are charmed by new moris and gacha skins becouse DBD PC regrets to add new moris and solid content in the past few months and that's how asia version got popular and It is made into ''new, updated global''

E I may keep updating this post as things get more clear and I get Evidences, but I do feel like many content creators are paid to play the game and make content about It as advertisement, becouse, how did they enjoy the game? Its completely frustrating.

by short cut, mobile version of DBD is becoming IDV, possibly a worse game soon to be shut down while It could be developed to such great lengths and people would stay statisfied with their experiance.

Thank you for your attention and time you spent while reading, please let me know If you had trouble reading so I can catch and fix mistakes that are made, also add up every problem, evidence and truth you found so we can make It to a better result.

Stay safe and don't directly attack me at comments, please.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.