lets discuss p100 players and skilled matchmaking

first of all, congrats for putting that much time and effort into prestiging your character to the max.

don't hide them in the lobbies (as that is disingenuous) with another character with basic clothes at prestige 1. If you want fair matchmaking, don't make the killer dodge when they see the change. you will have a better match in the long run and improve as will the killer who thinks they are up to the challenge.

thoughts?

Comments

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

P100 potentially means nothing,, for all you know I could be playing only killer and putting all blood points into a single survivor without playing a single survivor game,,

• Skill_issue
    Skill_issue Member Posts: 542

i don't, I just i don't see the point of survivors hiding their p100 characters they worked so hard to earn. I see way to many last minute switch to them right before the match starts.

• Skill_issue
  • Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    edited March 2023

Acting like there's no correlation between being P100 and being above average/sweatier at the game is silly. Generally the more people do something, the better they get at it. P100s in lobbies means multiple Dead Hards, strong items, map offerings, and probably SWF

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Back a while ago I would say that showing up in a lobby with Prestige 3 survivors had more of an adverse affect, as did having multiple of them. Currently though I think people worry too much. Ever since the game has reduced grind and made things more relaxed in terms of point scoring, it is super easy to prestige characters. Over time Prestige went from being something you might be afraid of, to simply seeing how many times someone has went through their bloodweb, and in this game time does not always equal experience. I have played with and against people who are prestige 90-100 and they have played worse than someone who was only prestige 1-5. Neither prestige nor grade are supposed to have an affect on matchmaking so I don't see why so many people are concerned about it

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,897

There is some correlation, but it's not 1:1, and sometimes it barely means anything. Especially now that enough time has passed for even semi casual players to have accrued enough BP to P100 at least one character. It's not a high bar to clear.

And yeah, most P100s I have encountered have been at least somewhat sweaty, I have gone up against some pretty mediocre ones as well.

I remember being dumbfounded once recently when we (a random solo team) absolutely pantsed a Nurse and thought they must have been a baby, but they were P100.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I literally have to hide my prestige.

I will get dodged upwards of 5 to 6 times.

I keep my item the same. I just swap characters.

• King_Viper
    King_Viper Member Posts: 45

alot of time they are not hiding . many times ive been on a character spending bp and switch to my main before the match starts.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I got my feng to P100 just few days ago and killers dodge a lot especially if there is also other high prestiges. If you want fair match actually best thing is to switch last second when killer can't dodge as otherwise killers would just keep dodging and just ramdom baby killer is put agains't us or very sweaty killer and the match then is blow out instead it could been balanced.

But for skill level I think prestige at least shows that player is experienced and should know what he is doing. And usually P100 survivors are better loopers than you're average joe. And if not they definetely can gen rush. I would say personally im above average survivor better at looping than most.

• Deathstroke

Well you never know if that P1 survivor actually has P100 character as well but they just want to play other survivors as well.

• Grum
    Grum Member Posts: 273

No.

People want to be able to play their p100 survivors without sitting through a 10 minute lobby of killers dodging over and over, until they inevitably end up one that will be sweating out of their mind.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,124

While P100s are much more common now, my previous experiences with hackers were using P100 characters. It’s not just “perceived skill level”

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

Meh,, people expect you to play comp like with high prestige 😂

• Skill_issue

in all fairness, they will probably get a newer killer not one that is higher than them and either bully or be bored with that newborn killer

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I spend the vast majority of my time playing Killer.

All of my BP goes onto Steve.

• Skill_issue

see but what is to stop that killer from assuming that the last minute switch is to troll them? the killer can still dc before the game starts

• Deathstroke

Killer has to crash his game so that's unlikely but I don't switch last second even it would make balanced match. I don't even play my P100 Feng that much as it puts more pressure doing well.

• Grum
    Grum Member Posts: 273

The solution is to only show prestige levels post match.

• Cassiopeiae
    Cassiopeiae Member Posts: 263

No it doesn't. Game time leads to nothing if people aren't willing to improve and get better, and (in this case anyway) we're talking about a comunity that actively dodges lobbies with people wearing fancy skins and having fancy logos on their heads, just for the sake of finding easy matches and avoid a challenge that may or may not be there since skins and logos themselves don't mean anything in the first place. 🤷‍♂️

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 223

Im P70 with Haddie and i am hot garbage on survivor...but ill mess you up with huntress :)

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 512

I play in the OCE region. I recognise people's names all the time, and while I won't dodge 1 P100, if I see multiple ones they are usually in a SWF. Again, in the OCE region you remember names all the time, and start to recognise friend groups (as well as the fact I actually play with some of these people).

I don't like going against 3-4 mans because its usually not a fun game, but idc if its just some solo P100.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 666

I don't dodge much and really don't mind playing against P100's. So many people are bad at playing against Nurse that a challenge is honestly welcome.

But it's the darndest thing, if someone ninja switches to a P100 character right at the 6 second mark, my game crashes. 😮

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804
    edited March 2023

I'll answer the questions.

First off, and most importantly. I'm not very precious about my rank. I didn't really 'earn' it as much as I just had to suffer through a disgustingly nauseating amount of blood webs because my blood points kept capping. It wasn't something I wanted to earn, it was forced on me from a fear of 'wasting' unspent bloodpoints. p0 or p100 I just really don't care. Make it a thousand. It's meaningless to me. I got more meaning from my James and black haired Cheryl cosmetic and all I did was break out the credit card for it. So flaunting it doesn't matter any more than being max level in an MMORPG. It's just a thing that happens.

Secondly, I have all the survivors and a lot of cosmetics. Sometimes I'm just in a different mood. I have so many experimental and meme builds that 3 slots isn't enough for me so having other survivors to change up the look and build is refreshing.

To answer why 'hide it?' Because often times people will lobby dodge, and the only people who stick around are those who are ready to sweat and believe it's challenge time or those who just don't care.

For the latter that's fine, but the former they will regularly tunnel me out from the game immediately. It seems to be that they think if they remove the 'strongest' from the game very fast they'll get an easy win. Which is true, because if you tunnel anyone out and turn it into a 3v1 the game will be easy. But I'm the obvious target. I've had killers start the game, and hunt me down. Straight up go across the map, ignore other survivors beyond chasing them off gens, and never commit to a chase until they see me.

Heck a few games ago I had a Bubba down someone, leave them slugged, and found me on a gen across the map, ignored the other two, then hooked me to facecamp. All the while smacking me on hook over and over again nodding. Like "I don't know you. I didn't even do anything to you."

After enough games like that where Killers make toxic comments about my level I just decided it's not my cup of tea. I don't sweat, I don't run dead hard, I don't even run the meta unless I'm really tilting and just want a game to go right. I don't even feel like it's deceptive or lying about my rank to be on another character because my rank doesn't immediately mean I'm a smurf trying to run a super sweaty build in a super sweaty SWF. I just run around being stupid.

Also keep in mind, this is a casual party game, your performance is always going to be weighted by RNG almost as heavily as a Mario Kart game. Sure there's a competitive circuit, but people play Smash on Final Destination no items only Fox/Shiek and call it a 'tournament game' as well despite the core being entirely RNG.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Potentially. But on average a prestige 100 character is generally going to be extremely good with that character. It's not a guarentee but the correlation is there.

• Chomperka
    Chomperka Member Posts: 188
    edited March 2023

they should just remove ability to swap survivors, just as they once removed ability to swap killers(at least for SWF with 4 players)... i know killer's one was removed so matchmaking would be more fair... But it's REAL issue if SWF's dominate solo survs even at lobby stage, with all those last 6 seconds item and character swaps.

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285

people who dodge need to ask themselves why are you even playing this game, like I will NEVER understand people who are scared to go against good players, when you lose you can still maybe learn something, like using people who are skilled to improve and maybe pick up one of their tricks or two can only benefit you in the long run

because:

what happens if you win : NOTHING

what happens if you lose: NOTHING

it's literally just one match you can move on from

I have a feeling dbd players in particular have this mentally draining connection to this game and are acting like their real life is ruined if they lose in a party game from 2016

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

This is a very valid point. I still stand by the fact though that I have watched legitimate prestige 1 players play better than 100 though. Nowadays prestige is really just how many points you have dumped into the character. Who does better just comes down to who learns the different aspects of the game better and who is willing to make improvement to their playstyle while others don't care

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 223

Im the side thats hot garbage and takes the killer on a pallet tour 😂