Another Mid-Chapter Complaining Post

Options

Really not thrilled about a number of the changes proposed for the upcoming PTB, on both sides. Some of the changes (like those to Call of Brine and Overcharge) seem pretty ok. I don't use Dead Hard so I can't really speak to that. The two changes that are most concerning to me are those to Scourge Hook Pain Resonance and Circle of Healing. Here's why:

Pain Res - only allowing four activations per match is literally not worth the perk slot. At the very least, there should be some way to earn back tokens. Being able to slow down gens is one of the best tactics killer players have, and to have one of the most fair perks for that totally gutted feels really unreasonable.

Circle of Healing/Medkit Changes: These changes primarily make the solo queue experience that much more miserable. It's not hard for people on voice comms to coordinate group healing sessions. It's next to impossible for solo queue players to do so, which is why being able to self-heal, even at a lower speed, within a certain radius, is so invaluable. I don't have a problem with the base heal speed now taking 24 seconds, except when considering how that interacts with perks like Sloppy Butcher and Self Care. Basic self care will now take over a minute to complete, and with perks like Sloppy Butcher and Coulrophobia, healing yourself one health state will now take nearly 90 seconds. In a more extreme example, you could end up with an Oni who has his power indefinitely. Again, these are the kind of perk interactions that teams on voice comms can get around with next to no effort, but will seriously gum up the works for anyone playing solo queue. This boils down to two major points:

• Circle of Healing should still allow survivors to self-heal within its radius
  • Percentage values on Self Care, Sloppy Butcher, and Coulrophobia need to be majorly modified.

Comments