Midchapter changes opinion

I think BHVR do not know what they are doing personally. The idea of nerfing perks and addons for usage is not a smart idea.

PR and DH are nerfed into the ground because they are the most used perks - instead of nerfing numbers or adjusting usage they make these perks too situational or dependent of too many IFs like RNG for PR or like.. 3 conditions to activate a single exhaustion perk when SB has guaranteed value with 0 conditions.

You know what will be next? Once DH and PH are out of most used perks, it will be SB and other killer perk next - which will get nerfed into the ground cause I am pretty sure both sides will start complaining about it. So this is what game balancing seems like?

The truth is it's not even only perks, it is also addons. They're NEVER addressing addons like Blight's Alc Ring but they're always ready to nerf a killer like Hillbilly which is the hardest killer to learn and has 0 reward for it (other than personal) when you could just learn Nurse which is a lot easier than Billy and get 4K easily.

How can you expect people to play other killers if you touch killers that are already bad only to buff useless addons or NERF them (when their playerbase is REALLY small), why don't you buff and rework killers like Freddy and Pig instead of buffing useless addons? You also promised a Twins rework, it has been about 2 years since I've read of it. Every chapter Twins get worse, not to mention you made them unplayable for months.

I won't say this game is dead but the DEVS really do not know what they are doing personally for balancing, the only thing good lately are QoL changes which are always welcome! I love them honestly but I wish this game focused more on reworking and buffing M1 killers and started addressing OP addons from already strong killers.

I really miss the time Freddy was a good killer, now I only play Huntress cause it is fun and playing M1 killers are miserable.

Comments

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619

Here's the thing.

I don't disagree with you when you say it's dumb that "Self Care was used heavily and therefore must be nerfed".

That said with the exception of Dead Hard, which has always been complained about, every perk that was nerfed was something that helped contribute to "One side is a survivor safe zone, one side is an impenetrable 3 gen" thing that's been going on.

I don't think these were nerfs that were chosen because "Everyone uses them", or at least not only that.

Can't say the same about Add-ons.

Hillbilly didn't deserve this.

• Geiz
    Geiz Member Posts: 43

I do not care about DH cause SB has more guaranteed value and I will most likely use it and play more safe than how risky I do now.

I am not saying DH was needed to get such a nerf where you need 3 conditions to use - unhook safely, be injured, then use successfully, it is too much for an exhaustion perk imo. They just wanted to kill it because people still complained about it and it was still the most used perk (but that does not mean it was successfully used every time) and honestly for me it wasn't such a big deal like people made it be. People will just adjust their gameplay to play really safe than risky and I know this community will eventually complain how people play safe. Most game against good survivors will be like playing against Oni - where everyone will drop pallet safely and leave gens as soon as they know the killer is coming.

And these changes won't change much about gens being done fast imo. The gen speed perks are still there, so are the toolboxes and BNP, which will probably the answer to these kind of changes (if Prove Thyself wasn't already so popular) - but we will see.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

The devs actually do know what they are doin in my opinion. The idea of this upcoming patch is to allow killers to slow down the game more by spreading damage, being rewarded for playing well, and less simply with perks.

The 24 second heal is why the top slowdown perks are getting nerfed so much.

But personally I hope BHVR will settle for 20 second healing times, and then buff PR's regression to 20% instead of 15%. I do like the nerfs to Call of Brine and Overcharge though.

• Geiz

I do not think so. They nerfed altruistic healing for no reason at all, the main problem was self healing which are strong currently but not altruistic healing.

The altruistic healing should remain untouched. They also removed one of hardest counterplay against Nurse, which is insane.

They did not touch any of top tier killers for nerfing when making those changes, DH was the most balanced perk against those killers, but without it now, Nurse, Blight and Spirit will be stronger than ever now. CoH was also really great against them (though I agree 100% this perk should never been existed at first).

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,081

If that is the idea, it's going to hit them in the face for how bad it is.

This just incentives tunneling/camping and gen rushing. Thats all those changes do. They don't nerf medkits, because they will be more necessary then ever because altruism is so slow.

High level survivors already play injured a lot of times, and they are removing interactions with killers.

So great Low and Mid survivors get destroyed, High level SWFs now gen rush even faster. Kill rates will increase tremendously so time to nerf killers. While at high level survivors gen rush the gens before the killer can do anything. A simple nerf to med-kits would have been enough.

Great survivors work on gens, killers, survivors take longer to reset and heal, you can tunnel and camp one survivor even easier now, because bodyblocks and protection hits are going to hurt a lot.

They remove regression from chases, which is the regression even survivors are ok with being strong.

I am tired of nerfing because of pick rates when it wasn't an issue.

I am so tired of rushed changes that don't have the foresight of the consequences. Bhvr has a big community and fog whispers to help them. How are we getting so many bad updates in a row since Wesker came out. I am tired of seeing a patch and realizing a big problem in a few minutes.

I know the devs are smart and care for the game, but this constantly is getting exhausting

• ad19970
    edited March 2023

No I disagree. Higfh level survivors do not heal sometimes, but sometimes they do. It is not the best play to constantly stay injured, and the only reason Plague and Legion are not stronger with survivors staying injured is because they have no power against injured survivors, at least most of the time.

I think if they reduce the healing time to 20 seconds, the change will be great. Less slowdown because of very strong slowdown perks, more slowdown because of good killer play by injuring survivors a lot. I also wouldn't mind if medkits only took 20 seconds to heal, considering the other nerfs they received.

Camping will 100% also need to be looked into however, there is no way this patch can go live without camping nerfs, even with 20 second healing times. I guess you are right that the devs need a bit more foresight with some changes, like camping and mangled becoming too strong.

When it comes to tunneling though, I don't think that will cause too much problems. If a killer wants to camp, they can already prevent the unhooked survivor from getting healed. If anything, longer healing times will encourage killers to not tunnel.

Last but not least, I hope they revert the nerf to CoH, because that nerf hurts solos more than swf.

Also, this is just going to be in ptb. I am sure they are going to make changes if people are unhappy. I just don't expect them to revert the healing nerfs, because then they would also have to tone down the nerfs to the regression perks. But I wouldn't be surprised if they have 20 second healing times already ready as a backup plan.

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,081
    edited March 2023

Here, a solution. Healing is the same 16s.

Med kits have 16 charges- Self healing speed reduced by 33%

Done, altruism is still 16 seconds, but now med kits are 24s if you use them to self heal.

I swear, it's not that hard.

How did the devs think that going for this drastic change wouldn't create consequences that they can't control

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 672

So the killer perks being nerfed was more of a targeted meta nerf than simply choosing perks with high usage. They were problematic gen regression perks that made three gens much easier to manage. Basically a nerf to the regression meta as a whole.

In conjuction, survivors healing was nerfed heavily and that's without accounting for the healing slow down killers can cause with just their add-ons and with perks. While killers can't rely on hen regression as much to slow the game down, they now have to rely on injuring survivors to slow the game down. Plus chases will be cut in half with survivors being injured more often, and without dead hard they have no second health state.

This is what we wanted. Both good and bad this patch moved both sides into completely different ways of playing the game. More niche perks will see more usage now that killers no longer have to overly rely on gen regression perks, and survivors have to actually try a little to win now that they can't fully heal every 6 seconds after they're hit.

• ad19970

No I disagree. Though those changes would also be good, no doubt. But I think having all healing at 20 seconds would be even better. Medkits would still be a bit better thanks to having a 20 second healing time as well, which would be good for solo survivors. But healing in general would now slow the game down more, which I think would be a great change.

I would personally just love to see healing being a bigger factor for slowdown, and perks being less of a factor. Because again, I do believe that just staying injured the whole time is a huge risk against most killers.

This change would also buff stealth killers indirectly, which I would love to see, as none of them seem particularly strong at the moment.

• Geiz

The problem with the regression meta was that they stacked not because of how good they were separately. Call of Brine wasn't even that OP alone but stacking with other perks made it like that.

The healing nerf along with OC/CoB is fine imo, but the altruistic should not be touched and also they made mangled and hemorrhage status even stronger (which are already fine on its own), so we are aiming another yet annoying meta cause it suddenly needs to be changed.

Instead of buffing and reworking M1 killers, buffing totems perks (as well as reworking spawns - also making them high reward but risky), buffing useless perks, nerfing OP addons (hi Blight which remain untouched after all those changes, with a good basekit and best and overpowered addons in the game, hardly a bad one!), keeping the QoL changes (which are really good imo, those map reworks are doing well! I didn't like Red Forest though, it's pretty but awful to play as for me as both sides), they want to rush changes so drastically out of nowhere instead of doing it little by little so they can get feedback and see what works and what doesn't.

These kind of mindset for me is not good or well thought. And I bet if these come live, I can see all the future meta perks being on this actual state as well.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

People continuing to think dh is better vs blight than sb lmao.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,661

The developer update says "First, healing will now take 24 seconds by default (previously 16 seconds). This will make each hit more impactful, ensuring that Survivors need to spend longer to heal their wounds. 

Altruistic healing is being nerfed to make each hit more impactful. That is word for word from the developer update. Some games are 100% altruistic healing, so it's especially important that altruistic healing gets the full healing speed nerf. BHVR is purposely nerfing the gen kick regression perks into the ground, and moving the slowdown to all healing, to encourage killers to go on more chases..... which is what we should all want.

If we want killers to be encouraged to go on chases, then those chases need to be more valuable, and the healing speed nerfs do this. Without the altruistic healing nerf, then the extra motivation to chase survivors won't be there AT ALL in some games, because some games are 100% altruistic healing.

• Geiz

Three survivors healing means no one is popping a gen but a survivor healing theirself means two are popping gens and at least one is in chase, potentially of course.

So currenly it is better for me bring a green medkit and tell the other survivors to do gens, but next update, it won't benefit at all doing neither so in the end people will start rushing gens even more and playing safe harder now than risky so it won't fix the problem of gens being faster but now it will be even more faster and you also know what? people won't be altruistic anymore - people will even more play for themselves (which is soloq it's already like this).

But honestly we will see what happens, I do expect in six months (or less tbh) people from both sides will start complaining again about gens being done really fast and others will say this is the worst meta they've been through.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,661
    edited March 2023

Survivors trying to play the game injured, might not be a good idea after the patch, because of the dead hard nerf.

Also, survivors do have the option to bring healing speed perks, and we should try all the healing speed nerfs intact for a while, to see what survivor meta evolves from these changes.

• Dark17Style7
    Dark17Style7 Member Posts: 17

I totally agree I would like a big change that the killer the M1 could be seen and if hillbilly should not be nerfed if not buffed it makes me sad that a game that I loved almost never goes ahead in terms of the perks there will be something to see for me Part I'm convincing that they did the right thing for both sides.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,553

I think the DH nerfs are justified. It's about time it got removed from the meta. If it still remains the most used perk then I hope they'll nerf it again. This is a pretty harsh nerf but it's nowhere near as bad as what they did to CoB for example as it can still give you value.

Pain Res is hit pretty hard. I don't see why anyone would run it now. It will be weaker than Pop, Jolt and even Ruin in my opinion. Overcharge and CoB are pretty much useless with these nerfs and while I can't say I'll miss them, wouldn't it be better to rework them instead? We don't need more useless perks.

The healing changes are a picture perfect example of 'balance by sledge hammer'. Healing definitely needed a nerf but all of this combined is probably too much. I'm all for nerfing self-healing but altruistic healing didn't deserve to be hit this hard imo.

The killer changes are mostly meh. With the exception of Billy, who once again got beaten down by the devs. The overheat change is redundant (since it didn't really affect good players anyway) and punishes newer players, who rely on his mobility. If it really is a 'non-factor', then why not remove it? The worst part is the nerf to his Engravings. The last buffs the Hillbilly got were all the way back in patch 5.3.0. That was one and a half years ago and this buff was to his Engravings. They removed the extra overheat from Engravings by reducing the overheat while charging with them. Now they're going back on that change and on top of that nerf the speed! With all the nerfs he got since then and all the new maps with invisible hitboxes that were put there to stop Billy from jumping over tiles this just adds insult to injury. Someone at BHVR wants this killer dead. I have no other explanation for this. Maybe it's because they have Bubba and don't want people to play Billy instead of buying the dlc. At least poor Blight didn't get nerfed. Imagine nerfing some actual problematic addons.