Guess DBD will be boring after the update

TheycallmeLix
TheycallmeLix Member Posts: 334
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Nerf healing and medkits and our favorite perks, but yeah camping and tunneling is still in the game and hasn’t been done anything to it.. sometimes I wonder if you devs ever play your own game. Guess it will be a easy 4k for every Killer from now on since you nerf a lot of things we used to have.

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

3-gen will be heavily nerfed, all Killer meta gen defense perks were nuked, including Pain Resonance which rewarded you for going for hooks rather than kills. Generators will be much easier to rush than before by default because of this.

CoH and DH are still not bad perks, kinda powerfull still. DH is still usable, same function as before but now you can't just auto use it everytime. CoH is now Empathy for the team and still allows faster team recovery, but it is not crazy anymore with free infinite med-kit for everyone.

Killer perks got overall nuked more imo. This "easy 4K on every killer" is so one sided view and sounds like from a true Survivor main.

Survivors got nerfed, Killers got nerfed too. How about we wait to test these changes before drawing conclusions, hm?

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Favorite perks = dh which has 0 affect on tunneling, camping and anything relevant besides frustration. inb4 someone reply saying dh is keeping blight and spirit in check like sb isn't just better vs them lmao(unless you are part of the .001% dh user club[not you]). dh is only better than sb vs nurse and even then I don't play nurse often so I can't verify that is true.

3 gen perks are nerfed which required bot level of gameplay to use. Mass healing has been nerfed which was extremely problematic.

The only valid thing to complain about in this patch is base altruistic healing and billy add-ons. I don't want everyone to play injured as I think that will end up terribly playing vs blight.

Anyway the next meta can't be worse than the current meta for survivors, at least in terms of expressing skill in general.

• Dark17Style7
    Dark17Style7 Member Posts: 17

It's true about tunnels, unfortunately there hasn't been a fix for this problem yet. I think some killers will take advantage of this on the other hand as for the medkit and healing I think it was necessary.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

This game is boring and it's not from today. Every day it gets worse. BRHV misses more than it hits.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

There is one way for a killer left: Tunnel the first hook out asap.

The first guy on hook will never be able to unlock his Deadhard, the other Exhaustion is no problem at all.

What else should especially low-tier killers do? They cant buy time with Gen-Perks anymore, because besides Deadlock there is nothing left. So all they have to do is bringing Deadlock and Chase-Perks to kill one ASAP.

Thats the way. The only way. And this is sad.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979

Yeah the perk changes were fine but it's the base healing, medkit Rarity change (they aren't unique anymore) and billy nerf that's the issue

• not_requested49
    edited March 2023

That's not the only way lmao

I'm still baffled you guys have not figured out the combo of game afoot + rancor + no way out + remember me yet

Let them do gens, see how well it works out for them

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited March 2023

The perk-changes were fine?

Well... not for my Main-Killer (once again).

Tell me which build should I use as Freddy which synergyze with my Abilities? Pain Res + DMS is dead, Pop, Call of Brine etc. is not worth.

My builds over the last two years had to change every mid-chapter:

Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer, Pop into Pain Res, DMS, Tinkerer, Ruin into Pain Res, DMS, BBQ, Corrupt into Pain Res, DMS, Surveillance, Jolt into Tinkerer, Call of Brine, Overcharge, Eruption into.... what?

Everything worth using for my killer is nerfed to the dirt or dead. My addons are complete GARBAGE, but hey, I receive 30sec more Blindness when someone walks into a snare... not that it will matter, but I guess I should be happy XD.

And no, before anyone starts to say this: Switching the killer is not a solution. I play various killer, but I feel like there is NOTHING left for Freddy which works together with his only ability, the Dream Projection.

I cant buff snares with addons, I cant use Snares + Fake Pallets, Fake Pallets alone are a downgrade even further, I dont have an One-Shot-Addon, I dont have a good passive power like a Chainhunt or something like that.... I have a lalala in the Dreamworld....

So what should I as a Killer, which is based on Generator-Perks, use? Endgame-Build? Well, I dont have my ability in the endgame anymore, because there is nothing to teleport to.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

that combo sucks ass

in order for game afoot to work properly, your chases to get remember me/nwo need to be incredibly short. if theyre too long, itll be impossible to get it to function in endgame with the time you have from nwo and remember me.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 573

Hey devs, camping bubba with no counter is still a thing in 2023 but yes medkits are the problem here. I love depipping without being able to do anything for 2 mins on the hook

• Technature
    Technature Member Posts: 619

What are you talking about? The game is boring now.

The 3 Gen vs CoH situation will be non-existent after this.

I thought you people HATED going against Skull Merchant.

• not_requested49

No, the idea here is to kill the obsession the second the exit gates are powered (have them slugged and in front of you as the survivors finish the last gen) while having both RM and NWO at 4 stacks, kill the obsession, then just go for whoever is at exit gates or patrol them, chase whomever you find, and if by the time you down them they aren't the obsession, just leave them slugged, rinse and repeat

I usually end up mori'ing at least a total of 3, if not all 4

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

You don't need healing for camping/tunneling killers lol

• not_requested49

Well thats more of a killer power issue than anything

But at least they're not nerfing him like Billy lmao

He's kind of like sadako: they're really just played for fun and not a serious playstyle