Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you think the Skull Merchant should have Voice Lines?

D34D_B34TB0X
D34D_B34TB0X Member Posts: 408

I only ask for one simple reason... She looks like a normal lady. Judging from her... spectacular lore... she's basically a Brazilian cosplayer with serious mental issues. Also, because the Lyra twins were the first OGs to have Voice Lines, she deserves a voice, I guess.

(I bet you thought she was a merc, too, didn't you? You were wrong... and so was I... ;_; )

Well, at least they did a good job fixing the Mori and the maps look nice, I might just save up some shards...

Do you think the Skull Merchant should have Voice Lines? 38 votes

No, please, it'll ruin the vibe...
34%
GibberishValikSlamitieTeabaggingGhostfaceDesarmeAurelleHugTheHagConrad16thSnowflake_SyndromeCaimanMini_pisaPyPai479stonedchoo 13 votes
Yes, let her speak Portuguese!
44%
brokedownpalaceIWasLrft2Die[Deleted User]tenoresaxEmealGuiltiiThat_One_FriendskylustvCryptikktristenbennett381Chikynot_requested49FridayNightPizzaviewfanWitchOfCrafttuttoinunavoltaomgitscawlin 17 votes
Yes, let her speak Japanese!
5%
FreakyMakoqnyun 2 votes
Maybe, perhaps make her speak a mix of Portuguese... AND Japanese... Maybe have her say some weeaboo Anime stuff like, "Omai wa..." "Shine!!!" or "Nani?" While at the same time having her curse or complain in Portuguese after getting stunned or something, you know, like Trickster, except not Korean...
15%
musstang62BwstedZyratheSaladXendritchBothSidesEnjoyerBarnesFlam 6 votes

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Killers with voice lines or laughing elevate the experience both as Killer and Survivor in my opinion.

If bHVR added voice lines and laughs to Skull Merchant that would make her SO GREAT imo.

Trickster is a good example of talking and laughing. Wesker is just good at talking trash at Survivors, hes the best.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

I feel the exact opposite - voice lines are annoying and worsen the experience greatly.

The only one I tolerate is Nemesis's "STARS" because he only says it in two very specific scenarios, and only against specific characters, which makes it feel a bit more special.

Killers constantly chattering is annoying as hell and lessens the atmosphere.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

At the very most, give her muffled grunts

Like kenny from south park or pyro from tf2

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

I am not sure why, but her saying "Let's begin" in a sultry whispery dark voice I would want.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

she sort of reminds me of resident evils, Alice

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I find voice lines for killers to be annoying. Trickster's is the only one I can tolerate because it's actually entertaining. If the killer is constantly chattering (like Wesker and Pinhead), it can get very annoying.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I'm always against adding voice lines. I dont like them. Ideally only Pinhead keeps his. The others are annoying and I'd disable them instantly if I had an option to.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979

Wym they fixed the mori? Isn't it the exact same?

• not_requested49
  • That_One_Friend
    That_One_Friend Member Posts: 277

They changed some camera angles and I believe the pacing. It seems faster and its easier to look at now. The 'blade to the back' part didnt change

• not_requested49

Ahh

The camera angle is pretty far tho like the area has to be REALLY clear of stuff for the camera not to get stuck in something

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

I'd be okay with voice lines if she was not a poorly written dumpster fire.

Voice lines are repetitive and get in the way a lot of the time. Wesker is a rare exception. The Skull Merchant is simply not a well designed nor robust enough character to warrant expression, especially not any more so than the growing roster of other more fitting candidates for voice lines.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Maybe, perhaps make her speak a mix of Portuguese... AND Japanese... Maybe have her say some weeaboo Anime stuff like, "Omai wa..." "Shine!!!" or "Nani?" While at the same time having her curse or complain in Portuguese after getting stunned or something, you know, like Trickster, except not Korean...

Yes, hopefully some popular quotes from Brazilian dark mangas.

• jinx3d
    jinx3d Member Posts: 519

she kinda does. when she picks up a survivor she does a lil "hmph"

• That_One_Friend
    That_One_Friend Member Posts: 277

I wouldn't mind, I've warmed up to the idea ever since Wesker made it into DBD. If they do them similar to Tricksters, im all in for it.

• WitchOfCraft
    WitchOfCraft Member Posts: 35

Maybe add voice lines but Jin-Woo Hak is the main killer with actual voice lines because he was a pop-star I don't know but maybe her little tracker should speak like "Target Detected" or someone else that sends the drones.