Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Blight one of the best killers has amazing addons. The Devs: WE CAN'T ALLOW HILLBILLY TO HAVE SPEED

HungrySnek
HungrySnek Member Posts: 134
edited March 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Makes sense

Blight one of the strongest killers in the game with a really strong baskit Power has many addons which make his strong Power even stronger

And then there is Hillbilly. A killer almost noone plays and since his nerf is one of the worst killers in the game. And what are the great devs of this game doing? Nerfing him and Nerfing his addons

Like I think that the community is crying a bit too much about the ptb changes but this is something I can't understand.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I am a Blight main but that's not going to work. You cannot pull more than a few killers up to his level without making them absolutely atrocious to play against. Simply from how their base kit is designed.

I'd say no matter what c33 and ring will get nerfed on blight. Although c33 might somehow slip under the devs radar because no one talks about it.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

I mean pig was statistically OP once ago, that's the thing.

• MerleDixon
    MerleDixon Member Posts: 159

C33 is fine. Just a slight tweak would be alright

ring is busted and should just be removed

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583
    edited March 2023

I'm not going to mince words here. They butchered his Engravings and even most of his other addons (even though they didn't touch them). The increased overheat kills the turn rate addons and the iridescent addons for the most part as well as running halfway around the map will make him overheat already. Junkyard Airfilter and Punctured Muffler are now useless in loops and won't help with map traversal (20% is not enough to compensate this). The Pighouse Gloves and Big Buckle, which were already quite bad to begin with, got nerfed passively as well, since you can't overheat on command anymore without wasting 15ish seconds.

I said before that no matter what, people would still run Engravings over anything else. Seems I was wrong. They take forever to charge (yes, 6% more is a lot) and the payoff just isn't there anymore. His Doom Engraving is now worse than the old Death Engraving. What kind of joke is this? He had 3 genuinely good addons left. Now it's 1 1/2.

To top it off the overheat change allows him to rev his chainsaw for an entire hook stage without overheating! Wasn't this the reason they implemented the overheat in the first place? If we no longer care about that, why should we care about him being able to run across the map? This is the healthier alternative after all.

TL;DR: Rest in Peace, Billy. You will forever be remembered as a killer that was fun to play as and against.

At least Blight's speed addons, Alch Ring, C33 and Adrenaline Vial were left untouched. Good to see that nerfing Billy is still a high priority even after 4.1.0.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,223
    edited March 2023

Gotta love the transparency. "Hey, here's this completely random nerf for a low pick-rate killer mid-tier killer. No, we're not even going to attempt to explain how these add-ons are problematic in a gameplay scenario. Please ignore Blight with objectively busted add ons, because we definitely are."

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

C33 and Alch Ring are certainly not fine. I however agree that individual and meaningful buffs (unlike those insulting incoming addon tweaks) for killers is the way to go.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,009
    edited March 2023

every killer shouldn't be s tier that would be a problem. I agree tho blight is fine and fun to go against. They shot poor Billy in the head and kick him off the cliff.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Just give Billy give billy iridescent flesh /s.

• bunnyfengenthusiast
    bunnyfengenthusiast Member Posts: 471

Blight main here. C33 and alch ring definitely deserve a nerf.

That said, in 4k hours, I've never ran into any good blight that ran either. It's always double speed. I'm usually shocked to see alch ring in post game because they never land any hits.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    edited March 2023

But many of those Blight addons are used. So, the graph looks nice and smooth on the Excel spreadsheet.

Otoh, Billy has like 3 non-useless addons. Those make a huge spike in the graph that looks ugly and we can't have that.

See, it's all a matter of aesthetics. The numbers have to look pretty.

• m4x1m_000
    m4x1m_000 Member Posts: 103

If every killer will be equally strong no one will play this game, it just will be boring.