See? I told you

Options
ironblade
ironblade Member Posts: 270
edited April 2023 in General Discussions

Survivors will get what they want eventually. A buff to Dead Hard, reverted the healing nerfs, buffed boon circle of healing, etc etc etc etc but let all the gen kicking perks drown in hellfire.

Comments

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,948
    edited April 2023
    Options

Well, it would be hooking 4 unique Survivors, which does not help in the pressure department since I could have easily tunneled someone out of the match, and would have basically won regardless... but I think nobody wants that to be the current state of balance.

And Ive had matches where I get hooks early on but struggle later in the match because Survivors saved resources for later in the match. So 4 hooks early on does not necessarily mean you will win either, which ya know, happens sometimes. DBD will be DBD sometimes.

Overall, if I tunnel someone, I should not get the regression, otherwise, if I play well and spread hooks, I should be rewarded for trying to not tunnel.

Again, I normally run just a single regression perk, but I want to feel rewarded for playing skillfully. I am actively making the match more difficult for myself so why cant I have something to help me out?

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 657
    Options

You can tell it’s a good perk when you’re incentivized your avoid using it.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,329
    Options

You dont need scourge hooks, which is a good change else the perk does nothing, yet if its the first 4 hooks then its still useless, by the time you get the first down any decent team should have at the very least have 1 gen done and some progress on another one, less than 25% for sure, son when you get the hook the other gen will regress less than 25%, way less reward than it offers in paper, so it really only has 3 uses were it actually can proc the 25%, unless you are a bad killer and can only get those 4 hooks when gens have good progress across the map, and if that happens you already lost the map if you are playing that badly.

• philward1953
    philward1953 Member Posts: 208
    Options

Yeah but its a max of 4 times. PR is still nerfed from what it is currently.

• philward1953
    Options

It's so strange. People should be allowed to say whatever obviously but I don't think I've ever seen so much copium after a set of update notes before. Just... so many objectively wrong takes and leaps in logic.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,948
    Options

"I personally wish they added an anti-tunnel mechanic to it and that was it," was what I originally stated for a reason.

Im talking about 15% regression, not 25%, sorry if this was not made clear enough.

Im basically just saying, revert the SH: Pain Resonance nerf but add an anti-tunnel mechanic to force players to not tunnel in order to get the regression.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,505
    Options

I think it's a fair nerf and the reasons they gave for nerfing it made sense.

I like the new version. Lots of burst regression, but you need to be smart with it.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

The DH change was a nerf. This change prevents you from using it at all before you've already been hooked.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 947
    Options

Regarding Pain Ress i think they went about it the wrong way. 4 Uses is too limiting and highly situational at best if you're not aware of current gen progress. Would've preferred 15% regression instead but add a way to regain tokens via hooking the obsession and have the obsession status transfer to the unhooker while killer is 32m away from the hook.

As for healing, the initial proposed changes were too much on PTB, but they still need to make spreading out injuries matter if that was supposed to be a killer's first initial slow down with the changes. 16 seconds on altruistic healing does not achieve that. 20 seconds baseline should have been the halfway mark to meet.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,419
    Options

The larger number to PR can be more situationally useful. At 15% if you a gen right before survivors finish, they are likely to jump right back on and get it done before the killer gets there. 25% gives the killer time to get their and stop the gen from being finished at all.

You have less chances for a bigger payoff.

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989
    edited April 2023
    Options

Two points

A) Pain Res is in no way a buff. 4 hooks, on 4 different survivors all on a scourge hook early game... come on people, let's be real. In terms of practical usage it's a nerf from current state

B) I don't think there was a real worry that the healing proposal would make gen rush worse. Its already awful, but most killers would be ok being gen rushed by 4 injured survivors than 4 healthy ones :).

You can agree or disagree on whether the changes are good or not. But let's all be honest at least.

From a killer main perspective I'm happy with the DH changes and am thankful for that, despite what I think of anything else.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,504
    Options

I use Floods of Rage as a Perk (dont use Pain Res since I dont use Slowdown-Perks) and I almost always get to use a Scourge-Hook.

It is not like you have to be exceptionally lucky to reach a Scourge-Hook.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 860
    Options

Erm. Dont be selfish. That 1 survivor saving everyone for 6 max dh is definitely not helpful when everyone on a team can get 2 each. Thats much better to stabilize dh usage rate. Most would not bring ptb dh if they believe they wouldnt get the opportunity to save and get it. Now its guarenteed to get a dh activation for everyone.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 947
    Options

Assuming you can capitalize on the specific survivor requirements as well as the scourge hook layout given and getting to it. Not taking into account potential bodyblocks, toolboxes' and sabo perk. And let's be honest, you won't get the full 25% regression everytime anyway.

Not a fan of making existing perks super situational at best rather than coming up with better alternative methods which achieve the perk's same effect but not as oppressive.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

DH has been nerfed even more, not buffed. And the self-healing nerf still is in. Stop being a crybaby.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Overall great changes in my opinion !

It's nice that they reverted the Hillbilly addon nerf, so he's coming out of it with a net positive ! =D

Altruistic heals being reverted is very nice as well. And it's awesome that they kept the medkit nerf. I think healing will be in a nice place after this.

CoH numbers look a bit high, though at least it will be less and less efficient as the survivor numbers dwindle since it no longer allows self-heals. Probably could have capped at 75% though.

DH is also a welcome change, since it will by default limit the number of uses to 2 in the game if I'm understanding it correctly. Though to be pessimistic, it will not make the killer go any less against the unhooked : hitting them through base kit BT will prevent them from using DH after all.

PR is a good change !! Though I think it could increase the number of SH by one or two and it would make it in a nicer place, and promote Scourge Hook builds. It would be fun ! Or at least be worth trying out =D

• philward1953
    Options

Yeah because a perk shouldn't give value to everyone who equips it. :/

As if anything I said qualifies as "selfish"