Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

See? I told you

124»

Comments

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Hook rng is less with the new pain res

With the current one, each scourge hook you miss is 15% regression you'll never get again. With the new one missing a hook isn't that big of a deal. If you get that survivor on a scourge hook next time you get all the vallue.

You call it sad regression and talk about how many seconds you can shave of a gen by comparing a perk that loses you 90 seconds and a perk saves you 7 seconds per gen

You are right people's critical thinking skills are rare these days. But not in the way you want it to be.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,440
    edited April 2023

New pain res is still pretty much a joke, as much as people desire to fake the ilusion of 25% with all the restrictions still being strong it will be the same as when people said "pop isn't dead it will be more effective when fewer gens remain and still get value" and look at pop, it's literally a meme perk lmao, only people who use it is mfs who don't have good perks or people who came back to the game and don't know it was deleted.

Edit: altho I agree with you, prove thyself isn't the gen destroyer perk dome people believe it is, it's not really that good.

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 640

While yes gen rushing will always be a pain to deal with.I also thought the healing nerfs were a bit too much at first. I also thought that healing and Killer gen perks did need to be nerf. It’s just that they were nerf in the wrong way. So in turn they decided to revert some of the healing. Which I hate admit but I’m glad they tone that down. Cause I believe no should have to deal with longer heal times like that. I mean again hate to say this but that was kind of ridiculous to see six minute heals with multiple anti healing perks.

I mean again I’m all for nerfing healing but again survivors shouldn’t have to deal with longer heals like they did with long 3 gen matches. I also understand why killers ran those 3 gen perks. Cause gen rushing is also ridiculous to deal with.

I just think that yes some of the killer gen perks did get a bit over nerf like I said. But we do have other options. Like Jolt, Corruption, pop, and Eruption. So I think it everything will be okay and some what the same. I also enjoyed the nerf to Dead Hard and Circle Of Healing. But I also wish they did tone down the survivor gen perks a bit more as well. I mean they look into that in the near future. So at the end of the day all we can really do is wait and see.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,123
    edited April 2023

They’ll backtrack and buff killer perks eventually, maybe in another 6 months, but the damage is done by then.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

It is pretty much better in most situations outside of hardcore tunneling which is a cheese strat and noob trap anyway and when it really shouldn't matter anymore

First hook you get 10% more regression then before. And the early game being the hardest part of a killer match being stronger early is better then being stronger later.

But i hear you, you need to get someone out asap. If you hook in order of A,B,A,C,A you still get a survivor out at hook 5, you actually harrass the whole team so you don't get genrushed, you get 75% regression with both the current and old version except you get it a hook sooner and you don't actually lose a scourge hook cause you had to sacrifice a survivor on it with the new version.

And if that's not early enough you can hook A,B,A,A,C and you only lose 10% damage on the 4th hook to instantly regain it on the 5th

It also takes 7 scourge hooks of current pain res to overcome the vallue of the new one. People keep mentioning how hook rng can mess you up when hook rng messed up the old pain res way more.

It does have less synergy with DMS but that was easilly countered anyway.

The changes are more of a sidegrade, arguably a buff even. Anyone who thinks this perk is dead either isn't thinking straight or is someone who uses the cheese strat of hardcore tunneling and knows it will make it harder

• ironblade
    ironblade Member Posts: 270

Well, the matches has been absolute dogshit lately. All I can do now to stop genrushing is by slugging or hookcamping survivors. GG!

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,367

Uh, how did Dead Hard get buffed? Also, they didn't revert the healing nerfs, they toned them down. They were terrible, and I say that as a Pig Main that loves to run an end game build for the lulz of getting a 4K before the last generator is done without any perks. As for Circle of Healing, it didn't get buffed, it got changed in a way that made it need to be restored to it's original healing speed since you can't heal yourself with it anymore.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

Thank goodness that’s less than 5% of the playerbase. Shouldn’t be something you or like 95% of the killers in this forum will ever need to worry about.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205
  • crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,720

How is it that this thread got resurrected?