The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

initialization error for PC

semo
semo Member Posts: 2

Every time I try to login to DBD from steam I am always hit with "initialization error". I have uninstalled and redownloaded, cleared cache, checked connection, restarted the game, synched to steam cloud, you name it I have done it. Not sure if this is a bug or some other server issue but I legitimately cannot play the game no matter what I do. It was working fine 4 days ago, but it all started 2-3 days ago out of nowhere. no variable on my end has changed whatsoever.

4 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

Having the same issue. Additionally, after a match has concluded, it will give me a match error or bloodweb error and kick me out into the main menu or login menu. If it kicks me out into the login menu, it will sometimes say I do not have the latest version of the game, despite the fact that I do, and force shut down the game entirely.

• semo
    semo Member Posts: 2

is there any fix to the error? how have you gotten past it to gameplay? I have not been able to log in for the past 3 days.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096

I am not sure. It is extremely random for when it decides to let me in or kick me out. Even if I get into the game, there are all sorts of other errors that I have been dealing with. For example. the match search error:

• ScarletSRSLY
    ScarletSRSLY Member Posts: 2

I've been having the same issue too - ever since 6.70/6.7. I've tried every Fix/Answer/Solution I could find since the past few months - but whenever I join/ or invite my friend to a SWF, I'm either a Ghost, they don't see me ready up, or we get separated while loading into/ when finding a match. It's ridiculously frustrating. Anybody have any other solutions I could try...? I've tried Verifying my game/local files, Restarting my game, sending my friend the invite through Dead By Daylight's Friends List, sending the invite through Steam's Invite list, Uninstalling and Reinstalling my Game...I don't know what else I can try >.<

• RizzleRi
    RizzleRi Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Great, so seems like there's no real fix to this issue.. Did yall just have to wait it out? This is the first time i've ever seen this error, its been 8hrs now :/

• KniQ
    KniQ Member Posts: 45

Having same issue...