See? I told you

Options

Comments

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301
    Options

Depends on what killer you're running. Most of the top builds for better killers largely just focus on finding surivors ASAP to keep the pressure rolling. Best builds for killers like nurse and huntress, for example, all just use aura perks for the most part. The better you are, the less gen slowdown you need because you can keep the pressure up.

• Kius
    Kius Member Posts: 140
    Options

I don't see anyone specially survivors that were extremely emotional at the healing changes on all popular social media making a stand for gen defense perks to be reverted or anything. I'm sure they will say something eventually.. /s

• MrSlayer
    MrSlayer Member Posts: 189
    Options

I just want to know in advance if I'm playing against 3-4 SWF's or just a normal soloq game.

If it's just a regular match then I don't mind, these changes should be enough and nerfs to Overcharge and CoB won't hurt me personally that much.

If it's against SWFs yeah, good luck and goodbye. Coordinated healing and even less tools to slow down gens? You will find my killer in the basement and me not wasting my time.

• MonsterDilf
    MonsterDilf Member Posts: 94
    Options

I'm always of the mind that if you need to ban people for criticizing content creators, or as a creator you can get banned or in trouble (like what happened to DOWSEY) then there is an issue with the team.

I think it comes down to the hallucinated positions of authority, and privileges' associated with being in the industry: if the Emperor is naked, tell him that he is. But I understand your position. I've made direct posts about a CERTAIN Community Manager here mispronouncing Otzdarva's name as if he had no idea who they were, saying it super confused, which-- yeah, didn't look good.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    edited April 2023
    Options

This is not only about survivors and "they" did not get everything.

Dead Hard is still nerfed, Med-Kits are still nerfed, Cycle of Healing still got the worst aspect cutted down.

Those are 3 aspects about survivors, one which is basekit that got a straight L out of this patch. Killers only got perks nerfed which can be replaced or you can adapt to the changes. Survivor now need to adapt to another change to their basekit, because let us be real: Most survivor who played to "win" were running a med-kit (green with extra charges). Also Hillbilly got his changes to his add-ons reverted leaving him with a straight buff and Pain Res got a buff (it is still a net-nerf by the way).

Not even most Killers wanted them to go through with the nerf to healing (24 seconds). Most wanted to go for 20 seconds or no changes to altruistic healing at all.

Sure, Cycle of Healing go a buff. But you can adjust to that as a Killer with ease now. Not to mention that with one of the main Boons getting kicked all Hexes are getting a "shadow buff".

If you play a Killer with a strong lethality you can even capitalize from the changes: Bubba going to a Cycle of Healing and getting undetectable somehow along the way and getting the jump on two survivors seems fine, same for Killers like Oni, Hillbilly, Ghostface...you get the idea.

This sums up my playstyle with Oni as well as Ghostface: Slap on Lethal Pursuier and go.

I also would always suggest people to run only 1 regression perk (maybe Corrupt Intervention). When I started the game I ran max regression + NoeD like the noob I was. This hindered my growth with certain Killers very much as the perks carried be to good. Once I went away from that and down to a single regression perk I was forced to get better and it helped me a lot...

You ignore that Killers also got a buff by making their pallet breaks faster.

Survivors also got less of a speed boost after each hit and most importantly: +10 seconds of generator time, adding up to around +50 seconds over the match and improving all percentage based regression perks...

I am quit happy as a Killer.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I agree, the changes were far too much and to their credit it appears they have been listening.

I don't play DBD at all lately but follow updates to some extent but I do remember the old days where the devs would get an idea, the community would react with horror and make great suggestions... then they devs would do what they wanted anyway and it was inevitably a disaster.

At least they appear to be listening now, so if changes that happen turn out to be really bad they will themselves be changed. Though you can never please everyone of course

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,341
    edited April 2023
    Options

Regarding his main DbD content on youtube, Otz goes by Not Otzdarva. That’s the recurring joke on his channel that the person in question was referencing. You’re reading way too much into that.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,361
    edited April 2023
    Options

*me on my 10th 4k in a row with enduring spirit fury shadowborne no way out billy also both saw charge speed addons* yeah killer without hard regression really sucks.

Post edited by supersonic853 on
  • wydyadoit
    wydyadoit Member Posts: 1,132
    Options

i just wish all scourge hook perks applied to basement hooks. I’d be more likely to run them if they were.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

It's not meant to be a fair statement. They use inflammatory language and omit information so they can justify making a post to complain.

• IWasLrft2Die
    IWasLrft2Die Member Posts: 389
    edited April 2023
    Options

Pain resonance is now worthless. Sure you get 10% more progress per hook but now it's only 4 uses at most with it also having more conditions for it and you might hook someone on scourge hook when it will not do anything but you lose the hook benefit. Such a terrible change.

COH is a lateral change. A nerf to solo play and buff to SWF which is the exact opposite direction I'd address this. Healing should have slowed across the board some (altruistic slower but not 24, maybe 18 or 20 seconds). The medkit addons seem like net buffs for the most part although some nerfs. Glad solo healing is slower and no longer given in CoH, but the additional buff to speed of heals was not needed.

DH is a technical nerf but minimally. I don't think I've had a game with someone successfully DH on me more than twice in a long time. I could potentially see this change more encouraging camping hooks than discouraging.

Bill changes are nice.

Overall dislike this patch though

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,310
    Options

The problem is that in the original PTB, dead hard was massively nerfed, and then on the one week update, dead hard got a huge un-nerf.

The original PTB dead hard would have finally given the perk the massive nerf it deserved…. but because of the huge un-nerf, it’s good enough again that I’m still potentially dealing with it every single game.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,116
    Options

Did you really just say DH got buffed? Yea cause that's going to deter killers from just tunneling the unhooked person knowing they won't have DH. Lol alright man. 👍️

• Vhillain
    Vhillain Member Posts: 123
    Options

"Yea cause that's going to deter killers from just tunneling the unhooked person knowing they won't have DH."

?

You do realize that as of the recent changes to the update the unhooked person will actually be the only person who has DH right?

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,152
    Options

Remember when this was supposed to be a meta shake-up?

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949
    Options

100% total regression really isn't that big a deal. Especially when Prove exists

• AverageKateMain
    Options

This is factually incorrect on so many levels. DH is still nerfed, arguably worse so a 4th nerf in total and CoH requires multiple people off gens instead of one. You have a point with regression since that's something I've been mentioning for a while but don't lie and say Survivor get what they want. Do you know how many killer players weren't like the changes ALONGSIDE survivors? You physically cannot make this argument when literal proof exists to counter you

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437
    Options

-"You ignore that Killers also got a buff by making their pallet breaks faster."

Truetalent made a video on this using Wraith to have maximum speed pallet breaking and even with something like 100% faster breaking it made no difference in chase. So the 10% pallet break speed was literally nothing.

"Survivors also got less of a speed boost after each hit and most importantly: +10 seconds of generator time, adding up to around +50 seconds over the match and improving all percentage based regression perks..."

Survivors also got base kit borrowed time - which was a meta perk. But now almost nobody uses BT because the base kit effect is so strong.

Every unhook gives the survivors +10 seconds. So while survivors "lost" 10 seconds across five generators they "gained" 10 seconds off the hook about 8 times per match. That's a net loss of 30 seconds.

The devs could have given killer base kit Fire Up or base kit Save the Best for last. Instead they gave paltry buffs that basically change nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Survivors now have 5 perks each thanks to base kit BT and the killer has 4 perks. Overall patch 6.1 was one step forward and two steps back for killer.

Exactly. DH needs to go down in usuage to where Pop is right now - dead.

• DBDVulture
    Options

-"Then he's a bad Wraith player."

Ah yes certainly that is the issue. He has nearly 9k hours played and has been playing Wraith for 6 years. He plays DBD for a living - he must be bad at it. LOL.

-"Also, Killers did get basekit STBFL. 2 stacks of it."

So why not give survivors 2 seconds of BT? That's because 2 seconds of BT would not be useful. They could have just made STBFL base kit and it would have made killer a lot more enjoyable.

-"I take it you wouldn't care if all the Killer changes from 6.1.0 were reverted"

Against SWF teams killer was stronger before rather than after 6.1 but became better against solo players until the HuD update.

The upcoming patch will make killer "less unfun" but won't revitalize the role.

To make killer "fun" they need to go through with the second part of the plan. Just to remind you - Step one was to make Solo queue survivors closer to SWF players. The HuD update did that.

Step two was : Buff killers.

So where are the big killer buffs? I'd totally be fine with : here are +2 perk slots.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

It's funny how people repeatedly says "skill issue" when there IS extreme gap in average skill levels of survivors across all regions tbh, no wonder dev can't see what this game really is when 80% of players don't know jackshit.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,806
    Options

Yeah, it's gonna be pretty dead. I know I won't use it. At the very least I think that if uses are going to be limited, they should remove the Scourge Hook part, and have it trigger on any hook.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Reported for trash talking a content creator

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

I mean, yes. BHVR allowed the survivor player base become this spoiled. They created this monster, let them deal with it.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options

You know what is funny about that Borrowed Time base kit? When talking about the possibility of making BT basekit, the devs also mentioned how difficult the early game is for killer. Then the community said that BT should be made basekit alongside Corrupt Intervention. BT got added as basekit and Corrupt got nerfed.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,072
    Options

trying to use prove slows down gens - 90 seconds for 2 solo gens vs 92 seconds plus running time for 2 duo gens with prove

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 105
    Options

COB and OC should have been capped at 150% not 125%. That just kills it.

• fulltonon
    Options

You might not know this, but surprisingly killers can't regress already finished gen.

• DBDVulture
    Options

I wouldn't mind if CoB and OC were nerfed by 70% if base kit kicking a gen was 1:1 regression with survivor repair - if 4 survivors are alive. Reduce the effect by 25% whenever someone dies.

• DBDVulture
    Options

Corrupt got nerfed because " survivors didn't like it".

They should have given killers Base kit dead lock - that way both sides have objective tunneling protection.

• TOFFU
    TOFFU Member Posts: 116
    Options

2 uses of dead hard = gen done

25% pain res is a lot less then effort you need to put even if gen 99% ....good chase is 40 sec. ....its even less regression then chase duration....not even counting 30 sec gens or if chase was not perfect.....

Heals? Swf will still make insta heals with COH

AND WHO CARES about heal with 30 sec gens....

• TOFFU
    TOFFU Member Posts: 116
    Options

All regress perks dead.

Pain ress dead bec of 4 uses each surv and % dont matter .

So as i cant do anything with gens now eith my nemesis for example...as i cant kick and i cant pain res...i will camp

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,408
    Options

Gens aren't done in 30 seconds often.

A good chase is not 40 seconds.

• AverageKateMain
    Options

Use this same argument for toolboxes with Prove and dedicated builds just to speed up gens. Prove is a problem considering how neutered killer regression got.

• AverageKateMain
    Options

Knowing how Nemesis players play, I'm pretty sure you guys camp as default anyway with said regression perks

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,072
    Options

you might not know this, but 92 seconds and time spent running is longer than 90 seconds, and one survivor getting chased off a gen and being forced to stop repairing wastes less time than two survivors getting chased off a gen and stopping repairs

yeah, the logic still works in that scenario because its the toolboxes and other perks in dedicated gen speed builds that are the problem there.

"Prove slows down generators"

"oh but what if you decide to also bring things that speed up generators"

then, instead of reducing gen speed from 90 sec to 92 sec + run time for 2 gens, it'll reduce gen speed from 70 sec to 72 sec + run time for 2 gens. it's still the other stuff doing the work there, prove is still a net negative on your gen speed.

people run prove thyself for the BP bonus, not because of gen speed buffs

• fulltonon
    edited April 2023
    Options

lmao, what kind of killers can chase two survivors at once.

and if you actually played the game, you'd know 46 seconds absolute time largely outweighs 2 additional total seconds, that is exactly why penalty has been added too.

• m4x1m_000
    m4x1m_000 Member Posts: 103
    Options

I don’t agree with you, but even if you're right, you do not take into account two points: there are killers against whom it is more profitable to repair gens together; there are generators that the killer doesn't care about. When you play against mobile killers who can easily come to an important generator and prevent its progress, you need to repair them together to finish them as quickly as possible. Not every generator on the map is important to the killer, because he cannot break and protect every generator on the map. And here Prove is a great help which breaks the timings for killer.

• AverageKateMain
    Options

As someone who runs prove during bp events, fair but cmon. People are definitely running it for gen speed up

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

People forget that no Dead Hard in the first chase is huge. Getting that first hook is what starts actually slowing gens down and starts to move the game more in the killer's favour. If you don't tunnel then it's the first two chases with no DH.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

"90 seconds time saved isn't a big deal when a perk exist that saves 7 seconds per gen by playing innefficient."

What?

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

Just so i know what your point is, what match result, given equal skill between killer and survivor, should be the norm?

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

It should be able to either way, rather than the killer has an impossible match.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

at that point old pop was MUCH better because it granted that effect on the gen that YOU wanted to save, not to mention that it could be activated more than 4 times AND wasn't dependent by certain condictions that could deny the use of the perk (in the scourge hook's case the positions of said hooks, that's pure rng and most of the times will screw you badly)... Both perks incentivized a fun gameplay based on mixed hooks (meaning no camp and tunnel) and devs nerf them just because they were meta, so please, don't even try to justify unneeded nerfs, we know that devs don't even play their same game enough to understand how things works at medium/high mmr, otherwise they won't even did maps so much safe in the 1st place...