If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Gen rushing is going to be a reeeaaal problem when patch is released

Options
Kalevi
Kalevi Member Posts: 72
edited April 2023 in General Discussions

Buffing gen speed perks like overzealous? Nerfing gen regressing perks and medkits?

You know what's going to happen next, right? Survivors are going to make a custom page 2 loadout, switch immediately before the lobby is locked in, toolbox in hand with either Brand New Part addon, wire spool, socket swivels, clean rag, scraps, and then they go in with prove thyself, street wise, Built to Last, overzealous, resilience, deja vu, fast track, friendly competition, quick gambit, (maybe potential energy but unnecessary now 3gen is obsolete), any ways to fasten the generator speed.

Now what? What are killers going to do about this especially M1 killers? Absolutely nothing. They have no tools to fight this strat. It's a 4 minutes match and the next lobby menu is open for them and after that it repeats itself.

Comments

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

It's not like anything is going to be done about it. The only thing you can do is quit playing.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,055
    Options
  • AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

They seem to be moving in a direction where the slowdown comes from pressuring survivors rather than gen control perks. It'll be a big shift, since it seems like quite a few people right now play the role as 'saboteur' rather than 'killer' sometimes.

This shift is likely also the only way they'll actually nerf things like BNP in the future. They clearly focus on statistics, so more escapes with gen speed perks and items will bring those to the forefront.

But I wouldn't worry about overzealous. The 14 seconds spent on the totem, not counting finding it, will take like 1.6 full generators to break even (without becoming injured or downed). If survivors really want to push gens, they'll do it faster without overzealous because they don't have to touch a totem at all.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,067
    Options

Man, other survs must really be more lucky with bloodwebs than me if they have enough bnp to pull it off match after match after match.

Idk, 250-ish prestige levels in and I still have 200 BNP tops total --- while also only having used them maybe a (literal) handful of times. Don't get me wrong; that's still a lot but I'm pretty sure people who actually use them don't have a hoarder stack like I do. And I'm even more sure that playstyle isn't even sustainable: you hardly get bp if you genrush like that so you can't even replenish the supply.

Not that you even need BNP or a toolbox to genrush. Overzealous & resilience is plenty if you're generally efficient. It's not fun tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Do people do it for one reason or the other? sure. Do most people do it by default? I highly doubt it. Will they ever do it by default? Nah. (keep in mind though that being efficient and gen rushing are still two different things)

• WeakestNurseMain
    WeakestNurseMain Member Posts: 308
    Options

The big problem with the meta is that it rewards killers that play it safe and stay close to a 3 gen, while heavily punishing killers that don't, this is actually good for the game because it means gen rush perks and items will get the axe, so for a couple weeks/months killer might be hell, but it'll work out in the long run.

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 285
    Options

The problem is the only way this gets fixed is by making maps less safe, which BHVR will never do. Killer will be hell for the next 6 months and you can bet your ass people like me won't be playing then. I'm not here to sweat my balls off just to barely get a 2k from a group of people who had absolutely no ability to loop what so ever they were just good at sitting on gens.

• WeakestNurseMain
    Options

You'd be surprised how competent companies get when they start to tank profits, they circle the drain faster and faster until they decide it's all or nothing, hire a psychopath to come fire people and allocate wages, and just like that the company is back in it's mojo.

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 285
    Options

Perhaps. I for one would love to be able to play for chases but BHVR has been making maps extremely safe and a total lack of interaction for years now, it's actually, in my opinion, the single worst thing balance wise since they started their "realm beyond" stuff. But hey, the dumpster fire is fun to watch burn, while I rarely play the game now and will likely stop entirely soon, it is still fun to see them fumble around and watch all the various freak out reactions on the forums.

• WeakestNurseMain
    Options

I agree, I play sloppy as survivor a lot of the time but still can last a decent amount of time while my teammates run around doing anything but gens, the game is in a lock down meta where survivors start out really overpowered, but killers have the ability to pause the game and wear down survivors.

• MrSlayer
    MrSlayer Member Posts: 189
    Options

Seems like that.

I've started playing 6 months ago and after clocking 1200 hours in this game I'm starting to think 'why do I even bother?". I wanted to play as some horror icons. Killer role starts to look like a joke.

How am I supposed to pressure people on maps like Macmillan? Against semi-competent survs I can at best focus on 4 gens max and try to protect those. What's funnier - I can only do that with some killers -_-'

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,360
    Options

I'm not sure.

Survivors chase potency has definitely gone down.

Their ability to reset has also gone down, especially during the early-game. It's highly likely that Killers will be seeing an additional 2-3 Hooks due to this prior to 3 gens being done (which is usually when Med-Kits begin to run out of charges, thus forcing Survivors into altruistic heals).

I'm interested to see where it goes though. It will certainly be new and fresh, which will be nice.