Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Remove Endgame Chat

Seriously. Please remove the engdame chat. It doesn't help that you can close it because you'll have seen the messages already. Just remove it. It's toxic, and people will call you the worst of insults there. Reporting these players doesn't do anything either, they can just insult, threaten and tell you to unalive yourself as they please because they know nothing will happen, even if you send videos/screenshots of the things they said to you.

Comments

• FeryGEN
    FeryGEN Member Posts: 628

Before, when I had 2k hours for killers, I worried about the chat all the time and closed it, then I even became interested in what they write, I always hope that players will write gg wps even if I lost, but this rarely happens. Despite this, I want the players to know that I respect them and write gg wps even if they lose, naturally I am interested in many things that influenced my or their game and I want to ask them a question or express sympathy. Therefore, the chat, despite the bad things, can also contain good ones.

• tuttoinunavolta
    tuttoinunavolta Member Posts: 197
    edited April 2023

Personally I think the chat should stay, I feel that I have more positive memories of it than negative ones. Having the scarecrow Kate spam "ggez loser" after a loss sucks, but then I'll get cute survivors complimenting my Ghostface and striking up a casual conversation in the match right after that.

If I have the gut feeling chat is not going to be nice I just click 'Continue' asap so I don't see anything. If I stuck around and still got heavily toxic messages (not talking about eyeroll stuff like "noob", "ez" or messages like that, I'm talking death threats, slurs and so on), I'll screenshot and send a report. Stuff like this should have people banned and that's the only actual way to stop this behaviour (because without an in-game chat they'll just find your steam/ps/etc account and post those messages there)

• tuttoinunavolta
    tuttoinunavolta Member Posts: 197

Oh no I didn't mean it like that, I also think DBD post-game chat is more negative than positive overall - it's just that I only stick around when I feel I'm gonna get nice/fun messages (friendly matches, games where last one gets hatch, matches where something meme-y like a game-breaking bug happened...) so overall I see more positive personally, and that's why I suggest doing the same. I'll still have players writing slurs because I use the pride charm (or get a baby Bill proudly telling me he reported me for not giving him hatch lol).

I agree that the solution is not to remove chat, but to punish toxic behaviour more heavily, and your idea about the campaigns sounds great. I was talking with a friend who doesn't have dbd and she said the only things she knows about it is that it's a slasher game, Ghostface and Steve Harrington are in it, and the playerbase is extremely toxic. Heavily punishing this behaviour is the only proper way to change this imo

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

you can click the arrow button to disable chat

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,751

Join us on console. No chat box exists. 🎮🎮

You don't really need those 60fps either. Just for decoration...

• IWasLrft2Die
    IWasLrft2Die Member Posts: 389
    edited April 2023

Man I'm bummed I can't interact with people not on playstation (and most people on playstation prevent messages anyways.) I wish console could access the same chat. 95% of the time my messages to and from people is pretty good and respectful.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

You can hide end game chat, so just do that?

You have an issue, you have an option to fix it.

I like end game chat.