Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

FPS problem blocked at 62 since the update and no more G-sync in full screen

Morgan76
Morgan76 Member Posts: 11
edited September 2023 in Bug Reporting

Post edited by Rizzo on
6 votes

Declined · Last Updated

This seems to be a technical issue, if you still require assistance you can ask other forum users in the Ask the Community section (https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/categories/ask-a-question) since we do not offer technical support on this platform.

Comments

• Morgan76

Hello, I would like to have some help, since the update not only I don't see the G-Sync icon anymore while the game is in full screen but I'm blocked at 62 FPS, my G-sync is not activated yet in full screen in the settings and I'm blocked at 62 FPS the file GameUserSettings. ini file is like before, nothing to change, I changed 0.000000 by 120.000000, the game ignores the settings changed in the file whether it is for anything, and the update is the main factor so it is necessarily related. Can you help me it's very annoying to have to play with reduced performance. Thanks in advance.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

The game is basically unplayable for people like me that suffer from nausea/headaches playing at low framerates I also thought it was the settings reset messing my config but after changing it my fps is still locked

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Ok so they made an entirely new folder for your configs in appdata you have to rename your old folder to the name of the new folder and delete the newer one!

• Morgan76

Okay, so how do you make it simple? I understand what you mean but I would need the exact steps to avoid making a mistake. Thanks for your help!

It already is, the option is already checked on it. However I always used RTSS to lock the counter at 117 FPS according to https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101-input-lag-tests-and-settings/14/ by leaving vertical sync on "Use 3D app settings" if that helps.

All my other games work with G-sync, there's just Dead by Daylight and I think it's since the update too, so very complicated to figure out what could have happened for me. Hopefully this will be fixed along with the resolution of the first issue.

• Morgan76

Edit: Looking at the blurbusters link again, I just installed Nvidia Profile Inspector and set G-sync application mode to Fullscreen and windowed and apparently the G-sync indicator is back on the games, so it's working, but how come I have to use a separate software? Maybe it comes from the first problem that will have to be solved anyway.

Once I get my 117FPS back I'm also thinking of turning V-sync back on in the Nvidia panel even though I've disabled it in the games, I think it comes back to the same thing anyway, because according to blurbusters the more framerate you have the more interesting it is to leave v-sync on with g-sync and I think 120 is a pretty good medium, I don't know what you think. I still need to find my 117 Fps 🙄

• Morgan76

It's ok I found the new folder it was Windows Client the old one was WindowsNoEditor I made a copy and I deleted it, I then changed some details of the folder ". ini" folder of Windows Client to finally find my 117 fps and that directly by the game so no need for RTSS, however I still can't find the G-sync in fullscreen mode if someone can help me on that it's the complete black on this problem yet the line of FullScreen is on "=True" but I noticed other lines with FullScreen like "FullscreenMode=1" .

Because I explain you with Nvidia Profile Inspector on the Fullscreen and windowed mode, it forced me to put Dead By daylight in windowed mode in the settings otherwise I had huge jerks and I was reduced to 44 Fps, so I stopped using this software but then G-sync disappeared while I'm fullscreen. How to understand since it works on the other games and the option in fullscreen mode is selected in the Nvidia panel 🤔

• Morgan76

I just launched with the Enable option for the "full screen windowed" mode in the Nvidia panel and I have again the G-sync sign in the games while it is full screen... how to understand but on the other hand I don't have it anymore for my other games so I have to manually activate each time... there must be some things to change in the ".ini" folder but what? 🤔

• timbahwolf
    timbahwolf Member Posts: 10

In global settings or just in Dead By Daylight settings ? Also, FULLSCREEN mode is kinda janky so for me Windowed Fullscreen seems more stable using G Sync. I may just turn off G Sync with dead by daylight if I keep having issues. Also, Ive followed some other posts you have made on the topic and would be grateful for more discussion especially since this last update.

This discussion has been closed.